Could Ortega beat 2011 Jose Aldo?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And I'm not talking hardcore WEC Aldo that finishes fights.
I'm talking about the Jose Aldo that first came to the UFC with the intention of cruising every fight to a decision.

What would 2018 Ortega do to 2011 Aldo?

He would enthrall Aldo with his beauty and then submit him.

Aldo wasn't able to finish Frankie Edgar.... twice.

Ortega COULD beat anyone with his lethal submission game. Anyone can get caught by his BJJ and subs.

That said, I don't think he would be the favorite over Aldo.

He'd either handily lose a decision or lose most of the fight and get a late finish, I imagine.

Nobody can beat a 2011 Jose Aldo

jose_scarface_aldo_highlights_knockouts.gif

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_9.gif
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif
1.gif

Aldo wins this one.

Moicano did well against Ortega in the standup. I see a similar style fight taking place with Aldo getting the better on the feet.

Motivated 2011 TRT Aldo with that look in his eye.

Hed probably have all his TDs stuffed and get outboxed to a decision. If he tried to take the fight to Aldo hed get finished. A lot of people hate on him for his style in the UFC but he was just so much better then everyone else. He was incredibly skilled and explosive. Chad took it to him and he gave it right back for a FOTY.

No

Pre-USADA Aldo was really good.
Aldo was just scared to move Up.
At 145, he was hard to beat.

No

Pre-USADA Aldo was really good.
Aldo was just scared to move Up.
At 145, he was hard to beat.
Aldo wasn't scared to move up. He asked to move up and fight Pettis for his LW Title. Dana White said he could, only if he vacated his FW Title. So he didn't do it.

Aldo wasn't able to finish Frankie Edgar.... twice.

So? Ryo Chonan beat Anderson, Keith Jardine beat Chuck Liddell, MMA math isn't an exact science.

To answer TS's question, I think prime Aldo wins by decision most times but would not at all be surprised if T city finished him.

What’s your point? Frankie Edgar is one of the most durable fighters of all time?

That was my point? Aldo fought Edgar for the first time over 5 years ago and couldn't finish him. Then they fought again more recently and he still couldn't finish him.

Gray Maynard damn near punched edgar's lights out but couldn't finish him.

Yet Ortega did easily.

The inference here is that Ortega might just be the real deal.

Aldo Pre-USADA was a force. I'd dont think Id favour anyone over him outside of Current Conor and Current Holloway.

So? Ryo Chonan beat Anderson, Keith Jardine beat Chuck Liddell, MMA math isn't an exact science.

To answer TS's question, I think prime Aldo wins by decision most times but would not at all be surprised if T city finished him.

Did Chonan fight those guys twice? Ortega did something that Aldo couldn't do in a combined 50 minutes of fighting.

Back