Could managing his shoe store be the reason Aldo lost?

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
i don't know how we never talked about this but do you think managing the shoestores at the mall tired him out? They are really popularly and at a lot of locations. Those shoes are really nice too! My girl got me a pair and I love my boots . Does anybody know if Aldo is still actively involved in managing his brand? On the bright side when he retires he will have a good place to go and make money

4bUV7Ls.gif

Jose "The Shoe" Aldo back 100% with dat serious look in his eye, and smart footwear on his feet.

No it was his hamburger restruant keeping him late at night. WELCOME TO ALDO BURGER CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER

i don't know how we never talked about this but do you think managing the shoestores at the mall tired him out? They are really popularly and at a lot of locations. Those shoes are really nice too! My girl got me a pair and I love my boots . Does anybody know if Aldo is still actively involved in managing his brand? On the bright side when he retires he will have a good place to go and make money
he owns a burger joint now a shoe store?

No.

Holloway is just that much better and we're all having a hard time accepting it.

I don't think it's the same ALDO...

I don't think it's the same ALDO...

Max probably just has his number. I say that only based on the fact that Aldo tooled Frankie worse than their first fight and that was only a year and a half ago.

Max is a great fighter. Look at his run. Two wins over the GOAT fw- and they were violent stoppages. Wins over credible people like Lamas, Cub, Heathen (who the fook?), Pettis, etc. You don't go on a run like that without being an awesome fighter.

Plus I think Aldo has always had conditioning issue but that guys with good cardio like Frankie and Lamas and KZ could not really exploit it because Aldo was their superior standing and in the grappling and they were sort of lulled into playing a conservative game that Aldo could do for the duration because of his abilities. Coasting is the wrong word but it's almost as though Aldo had a game that could utilize his strengths while preventing other fighters from getting traction going.

Max fights with both a disciplined approach but also does not hold back from taking some crazy risks every now and then and pushing the pace. Those types of moments force Aldo to fight at a more wild, frenetic pace than he should be given his cardio. Max knows he can fight for five rounds easy so it's no sweat off his back to lure Aldo into a brawl, force him to throw heavy and then pour it on when he starts to fatigue.

You could see in the latter half of the third how well those dividends paid as Max looked ultra fresh and Aldo had nothing in the tank.

Max probably just has his number. I say that only based on the fact that Aldo tooled Frankie worse than their first fight and that was only a year and a half ago.

Max is a great fighter. Look at his run. Two wins over the GOAT fw- and they were violent stoppages. Wins over credible people like Lamas, Cub, Heathen (who the fook?), Pettis, etc. You don't go on a run like that without being an awesome fighter.

Plus I think Aldo has always had conditioning issue but that guys with good cardio like Frankie and Lamas and KZ could not really exploit it because Aldo was their superior standing and in the grappling and they were sort of lulled into playing a conservative game that Aldo could do for the duration because of his abilities. Coasting is the wrong word but it's almost as though Aldo had a game that could utilize his strengths while preventing other fighters from getting traction going.

Max fights with both a disciplined approach but also does not hold back from taking some crazy risks every now and then and pushing the pace. Those types of moments force Aldo to fight at a more wild, frenetic pace than he should be given his cardio. Max knows he can fight for five rounds easy so it's no sweat off his back to lure Aldo into a brawl, force him to throw heavy and then pour it on when he starts to fatigue.

You could see in the latter half of the third how well those dividends paid as Max looked ultra fresh and Aldo had nothing in the tank.
Maybe Aldo is a smoker. I know Shogun was claimed to have been until he went to "electronic cigs"

Back