Could Lomachenko have overcome Floyd's defense?

I don't know much about the lighter weights outside of some of the big names (Lomachenko, Rigondeaux, Garcia, Crawford, and Donaire) but it seemed like Nicholas Walters was a pretty big win. The caveat I remember from that fight is that Walters had a long layover that made him rusty/had bad conditioning. How would you rate his win over Walters compared to some of his other ones?
lol, you are asking the wrong person. Seano's Lomachenko hate is well known on these boards. The answer will be that Walters was overrated and is a quitter. He wasn't ever really that good and his best win was over a shot Donaire. Oh and probably something about using his size and power to his advantage against naturally smaller men.

Super Feather Floyd vs Loma is one of the best boxing matches i can think of.

People are still caling FM the best p4p, that isnt true.

lol, you are asking the wrong person. Seano's Lomachenko hate is well known on these boards. The answer will be that Walters was overrated and is a quitter. He wasn't ever really that good and his best win was over a shot Donaire. Oh and probably something about using his size and power to his advantage against naturally smaller men.

Fair enough

There is a little bit too much of a size difference (not to mention the fact that Floyd is 40 and retired) to really take that fight seriously at the moment. If we're talking Floyd at 130 circa 2001 against Lomachenko at 130 today, I'd likely give a clear edge to Floyd, but I'd have a hard time seeing it as an easy fight for him.

I don't know much about the lighter weights outside of some of the big names (Lomachenko, Rigondeaux, Garcia, Crawford, and Donaire) but it seemed like Nicholas Walters was a pretty big win. The caveat I remember from that fight is that Walters had a long layover that made him rusty/had bad conditioning. How would you rate his win over Walters compared to some of his other ones?
Walters was trash. Walters was overhyped based on 2 high profile KOs of well past their best and above their prime weight fighters with recognizable names.

Martinez beat and drew with Salido when Lomachenko was afraid to say his name.

Fair enough
You could have an intelligent conversation with me and see if you agree or disagree with what I say or listen to what a butt hurt fan has to say about me personally.

Well, he is a quitter, is he not? And is his best win not a shot Donaire?

Your attempt to white knight Lomachenko sort of failed here.

{<jordan}

Walters was trash. Walters was overhyped based on 2 high profile KOs of well past their best and above their prime weight fighters with recognizable names.

Martinez beat and drew with Salido when Lomachenko was afraid to say his name.

Walters wasn't trash. An elite win? Perhaps not, but a good win all the same.

Walters wasn't trash. An elite win? Perhaps not, but a good win all the same.
I saw him for what he was. I guess I can't agree with everyone that pretends he was special because he fought Lomachenko.

I saw him for what he was. I guess I can't agree with everyone that pretends he was special because he fought Lomachenko.

I don't see too many people insisting that he was special, just that he's a decent win.

I don't see too many people insisting that he was special, just that he's a decent win.
Well, whatever. I still say if the best guy on your resume is Nicholas Fucking Walters, then you haven't fought anyone that good.

Well, whatever. I still say if the best guy on your resume is Nicholas Fucking Walters, then you haven't fought anyone that good.

Gary Russell Jr. is probably his best win. I do agree that his accomplishments don't match the regard that people have for him in the sport, but that's bound to happen when you have the amateur creds that he does.

Gary Russell Jr. is probably his best win. I do agree that his accomplishments don't match the regard that people have for him in the sport, but that's bound to happen when you have the amateur creds that he does.
eh, Martinez has fought and beat the best opposition of anyone on Lomachenko's resume.

eh, Martinez has fought and beat the best opposition of anyone on Lomachenko's resume.

Probably. It doesn't make him the best fighter, though.

You'd have to imagine a much younger Floyd in order for that matchup to make sense. Floyd got bigger and started fighting differently as he aged.

Floyd in his mid-20s would be a fun fight with Loma. But Floyd has shown too much versality for me to think Loma could beat him.

This was a delicious statement Mr Nac.

No, it doesn't. Was Genaro Hernandez a better fighter than Floyd Mayweather the day before they fought?
In every measurable sense he was. He was ranked higher, had earned titles Floyd hadn't earned, fought a higher level of competition than Floyd had..... Floyd went on to accomplish more than Hernandez by a wide margin, sure.

I hate when people talk about how great fighters are while excluding their resume.

I think Loma chenko will beat him, stylewise Lima is tricky and elusive fighter coming from weird angles..... He is trickier than Pacquiao....... Love to see him fight Mayweather tbh.

Back