Could Jones have been a legendary boxer?

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Considering that his reach is epic, he's a spectacular athlete (by MMA standards), he's shown an impeccable chin, and he's a quick learner.

He's shown to have a lack of power in his hands but drug testing in boxing is not as thorough as drug-testing in the UFC.

If he had the same success in boxing as he did in MMA he'd have 4-8 times his net worth right now.

Jon would Anthony Joshua Anthony Joshua quicker than Anthony Joshua Anthony Joshua'd Klitschko.

Hè could have been everything.
Hè and his brother have so much talent.
But i am glad hè chose mma.

No, he has no power. He may have been a point fighter at cruiserweight.

Hes one of the worst boxers even by mma standards. Hell no.

No, he has very poor boxing skills and he lacks power in his hands.

He survives on range, physicality and some unorthodox techniques.

Also in boxing they kinda know more shit so they know how to get around a range advantage especially from a so so guy like Jones would have been. While in MMA most of the times the skills aren't there and it's just a huge advantage cause most of them don't know how to work around it.

Boxing is for white people who can't do MMA.

In a boxing fight he would have zero chance against Gus.

Who knows, if he had trained boxing instead of wrestling since a young age, maybe...

But he is better built for wrestling/MMA, in my opinion. He doesn't have extremely fast twitch muscle fibers.

His reach is what makes his other skills so much better. He can keep people at a distance to get the kick, get in close with an elbow, and use his wrestling. His boxing isn't that great.

Considering that his reach is epic, he's a spectacular athlete (by MMA standards), he's shown an impeccable chin, and he's a quick learner.

He's shown to have a lack of power in his hands but drug testing in boxing is not as thorough as drug-testing in the UFC.

If he had the same success in boxing as he did in MMA he'd have 4-8 times his net worth right now.

TS get the opening notes to Mozart's Nachtmusik in your head. Now sing these notes aloud with the word "NO"

Boxing is for white people who can't do MMA.

Or MMA is for guys that can't make it in boxing.

All them wrestlers and grapplers and brawlers need to make some money from fighting, it sure as hell won't be boxing so it's MMA.

I think boxing is probably the weakest part of his MMA game, so not likely.

Depends on the generation of competition he faced and the training he did from a young age.

Athletically he could do it for sure. I don't see a ton of knockout power from his hands though.

Back