Could French MMA go the way of French Tennis. Top 20 jobbers?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
Mens singles French Tennis has a deep bench but they have won no grand slams in like 40 years. They have been dominated by a Serb, Double Swiss, Double Spaniard, Scotland, Argentina and other countries. Now there is a Canadian and a Japanese pushing all of them out of the top 8.

I have no idea who this Ngannou person is, but if he has to maintain a 265 weight & USADA; I don't see how he can beat a top lifelong Brazil or US fighter.

Así a tennis fan i must say: french tennis players have a parten, they are not mentally strong, they are not the ones that would leave the life on the court. On other words, french tennis players are mostly gatekeepers.

divergent-bad-movie-reviews-4.gif

Not to bash but french people have a weak mental and surrender quite easily just like that tuf guy

It just takes one person to turn it all around, it's a singular sport. Nadal has made Spanish Tennis legit for years.

Mens singles French Tennis has a deep bench but they have won no grand slams in like 40 years. They have been dominated by a Serb, Double Swiss, Double Spaniard, Scotland, Argentina and other countries. Now there is a Canadian and a Japanese pushing all of them out of the top 8.

I have no idea who this Ngannou person is, but if he has to maintain a 265 weight & USADA; I don't see how he can beat a top lifelong Brazil or US fighter.
French can't/don't fight lol, the world knows this. The best fighters from that land are immigrants.

French HW hit hard.

975lpd.jpg

9hcTcj4.gif

But so does everyone else at HW.
kehrmd.gif

ufc159-roynelson-replay-400-2-sg.gif

So let´s wait and see before we make any wild predictions about Ngannou.

Francis is the next HW champ, you can say what ever you want about French people but we gonna take this belt !
tumblr_nhnooggfug1u2ragso1_500.gif

Francis is the next HW champ, you can say what ever you want about French people but we gonna take this belt !
tumblr_nhnooggfug1u2ragso1_500.gif
He is not french. In fact I am more french than he is. I'm from the best part of France.

Last edited:
Tennis is the second most popular sport in France, we have a real federation and training structures behind it, trainers with credentials and sports degrees.

MMA is not even acknowledged as a sport in France, and we are still considered as savages by the higher authorities even for just practicing bjj or muay thai. Even though we have really high level muay thai fighters fighting worldwide.

There is still a long way to go for French fighters to be acknowledged by the MMA community but when that day comes you will see who surrenders easily... Let's see how Tom Duquesnoy handles his business in the UFC.

Not to bash but french people have a weak mental and surrender quite easily just like that tuf guy

France would have won Davis cup if Tsonga and Monfils didn't get injured against Croatia in the semi-final. They would beat Argentina in the final for sure.

French are too lazy to work and shower - need big talking game to do well in ufc

Seriously though I don't see any reason why french mma would do well - im sure there some great fighters but they likely have to come to USA to get the right training ad minset

It just takes one person to turn it all around, it's a singular sport. Nadal has made Spanish Tennis legit for years.

Nah, Spain always had a bunch of good players, especially on dirt

We all know what Americans need to do to beat French people at their own sport:
h_50493197.jpg

They need balls of Steel! Wait a minute there, wasn't that guy the "unfortunate" victim of testicular cancer? Does that mean he got his balls removed? Because if that's what it takes, you have your plan, American people!

Take your balls away and you can maybe start hoping to reach French's level of expertise. If not, have a nice post-career with all these trophies in your trophy case.

Oh wait.................

Ngannou is the Jo Wilfred Tsonga on MMA

He's born in Cameroon and wears the Cameroon flag on his shoulders. Not french in my book.

To answer TS, french tennis players are a bunch of pussies (by sherdog's standarts) or are mentally weak at least (Gasquet being the worst) and not willing to train the extra-mile to fulfill their potential, but I still don't understand the link between tennis and MMA, especially in France.

Back