Could Conor develop a striking style like TJs?

Imagine Conors boxing and left hand with right hand KO power and switch stances with high kicks and mid kicks, good defense, even more mobile footwork, an iron chin that he already has, and head movement. With that accuracy and power, he'd be close to unstoppable - more than he already is.

I agree that Conor’s (very effective) striking could be sharpened, and his arsenal expanded. However, I think that would require him to move to a more serious camp, and re-dedicate himself to the sport.

At the moment, he seems content to surround himself with sycophants, and spend his prime years partying.

c18660b19759e7b64f964d745d95a079.jpg
Ha Ha Ha, I like that!

Why? One is the a top 5, perhaps 1, greatest boxer of all time. The other won by sub on short notice when he was taken too lightly, and clearly decisioned in their second fight.

Plus, anything can happen in a single fight. Overall, Conor's striking is among the best in the UFC. If he needs work anywhere, its on his guard and takedown defense.

{<jordan}

Or he could just stick with his pretty good striking game now and spend more time on that ground game.

Watching the first Diaz fight he needs to work on his take downs not his take down defence.

Panic wrestling doesn't work.

I'd suggest that Conor never try to take anyone down again, ever.

Back