Could Conor develop a striking style like TJs?

They move a lot, but that doesn't mean their style is the same

Which is why I didn't say that.

TJ developed that style mimicking Cruz for the Benavidez and Faber fights, helping them counter it. Like I said, he modified it and still lost to Cruz.

This thread is so silly and it’s filled with comments from people who clearly don’t understand the basic principles of standup fighting

giphy.gif
Or maybe this guy..
zg92i2N88SxbyQabiSWyta_vnwk-XiHg-8nJbIPYinY.jpg

Conor has never been dropped on feet. TJ has shown that he is hittable by Cruz and CoGar.

Just because TJ is flashier and moves around a lot does not mean he is more effective.
Everyone Conor fights has a size disadvantage except pillow hands Nate, no wonder he doesnt get dropped. Or the ref saves him ala the Mayweather joke fight. From a 40 year old with brittle hands.

Imagine Conors boxing and left hand with right hand KO power and switch stances with high kicks and mid kicks, good defense, even more mobile footwork, an iron chin that he already has, and head movement. With that accuracy and power, he'd be close to unstoppable - more than he already is.

If its not broken, don't try to fix it.

Ask Aldo and Alvarez if Conor needs to work on his striking.

Why would he want to become a worse striker?

How about training grappling. Become a complete fighter...

It's a very unorthodox style, but like you said, the last version of Dillashaw got dropped in his last fight and who knows what would have happened if there was an extra 10-15 seconds in the round.

Different styles and approaches, obviously, but Dillashaw got caught up in a firefight with Garbrandt when he got dropped - it didn't seem like it was part of the game plan and he lost focus. I think Cruz was correct in saying that he looked good against fighters with little or no movement and I think he's definitely one of the best strikers in MMA, but still has some work to do.

That's the thing I noticed with TJ, when his gameplan is not working, he tends to stand and bang. When he fought Cruz, he was very flat footed when he was down on score cards

Conor has never been dropped on feet. TJ has shown that he is hittable by Cruz and CoGar.

Just because TJ is flashier and moves around a lot does not mean he is more effective.

He would have been dropped if he didn't panic wrestle against Diaz and the ref didn't step in against Floyd.

Who is this Conor guy?

Are you talking about that irish guy that used to fight?

That's the thing I noticed with TJ, when his gameplan is not working, he tends to stand and bang. When he fought Cruz, he was very flat footed when he was down on score cards

I couldn't believe he didn't start throwing leg kicks at Cruz, as it looked even during the fight his feet or whatever that condition he had was making him immobile and an easily hittable target.

IIRC, he threw 1 leg kick, which seemed to hurt Cruz or his reaction after it seemed to suggest there wasn't a lot he could do to avoid them. Yeah, I think emotions can cloud his judgement and he may have been hyper focused on smacking Cruz in the gob to notice.

Imagine Conors boxing and left hand with right hand KO power and switch stances with high kicks and mid kicks, good defense, even more mobile footwork, an iron chin that he already has, and head movement. With that accuracy and power, he'd be close to unstoppable - more than he already is.
Why don't you suck his dick while you're at it.

NOPE.

Even if he does that he has to train a lot, and by teh time he gets efficient in that, Khabib or Tony might have figure out that. that's why he's still a counterpuncher.

why would he since he long retired

Could ask Diaz and Floyd?

Why? One is the a top 5, perhaps 1, greatest boxer of all time. The other won by sub on short notice when he was taken too lightly, and clearly decisioned in their second fight.

Plus, anything can happen in a single fight. Overall, Conor's striking is among the best in the UFC. If he needs work anywhere, its on his guard and takedown defense.

Why? One is the a top 5, perhaps 1, greatest boxer of all time. The other won by sub on short notice when he was taken too lightly, and clearly decisioned in their second fight.

Plus, anything can happen in a single fight. Overall, Conor's striking is among the best in the UFC. If he needs work anywhere, its on his guard and takedown defense.
Watching the first Diaz fight he needs to work on his take downs not his take down defence.

Panic wrestling doesn't work.

Hes lost 2 of his last 4 fights and only just scraped past Diaz in the rematch; how the fck is he close to unstoppable

Back