Could Conor develop a striking style like TJs?

Conor has never been dropped on feet. TJ has shown that he is hittable by Cruz and CoGar.

Just because TJ is flashier and moves around a lot does not mean he is more effective.
No, but Conor gave up on feet against a guy with only one weapon on the feet: his extremely slow 1-2. At least TJ never gave up.

No, but Conor gave up on feet against a guy with only one weapon on the feet: his extremely slow 1-2. At least TJ never gave up.
I dunno, if tj fought at 155 then we'd prob see some slower fighters anal fist him pretty dramatically....

Why would Conor want to develop an inferior striking style? Conor is a better striker than TJ.

Wait, does Conor still fight?

You realize Conor is a better striker than my boy TJ right? There is so much more to striking than your shot selection/variety. Max though. I really want to see him rematch Max.

Conor doesn't have the cardio to move like TJ. TJ is clearly the more highly skilled fighter, if you factor in that Conor has quite the reach advantage .

I am hoping TJ fights MM after beating Cody again. However, TJ is not big enough to be a threat at FW. He clearly lacks the chin to take a big shot from one of those big boys at 145 as he was dropped by Dodson and Cody with one hard punch in both matches.
Came to say EXATCLY this.

TJ is a hell of a fighter and very under appreciated in his skills. Imo he is the best striker in MMA period.

Conor would be gassed by the end of round 1 trying to fight TJ's style, TJ can do it for 5 rounds and has finished in rounds 4&5 in title fights.

Conor relies more on distance than angles so i doubt it. Plus Conor is a better striker than TJ so why do that?

Imagine Conors boxing and left hand with right hand KO power and switch stances with high kicks and mid kicks, good defense, even more mobile footwork, an iron chin that he already has, and head movement. With that accuracy and power, he'd be close to unstoppable - more than he already is.
c18660b19759e7b64f964d745d95a079.jpg

Imagine Conors boxing and left hand with right hand KO power and switch stances with high kicks and mid kicks, good defense, even more mobile footwork, an iron chin that he already has, and head movement. With that accuracy and power, he'd be close to unstoppable - more than he already is.
Maybe.

No. He doesn't have the cardio to drastically change his output like that. TJ's striking and footwork are exhausting even for some of the better cardio machines at BW. Having a wider variety of strikes to rely on would be nice but would not be a sustainable style for him.

His style works best for his physical advantages and limitations.

Why would Conor want to develop an inferior striking style? Conor is a better striker than TJ.
Because when he can't knock everyone out at 155, but for the most part I agree with you

Conor has never been dropped on feet. TJ has shown that he is hittable by Cruz and CoGar.

Just because TJ is flashier and moves around a lot does not mean he is more effective.

This is because he chooses to panic wrestle his opponents
ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

Just because TJ is more effective doesn't mean that he has to have a granite chin.

Yeah but TJ has never been rocked and dropped by a fighter as bad as Nate Diaz.

Cruz, Garbrandt and even Dodson (although he is on the decline now) are much better fighters than Nate.

Maybe, but imagine if he were to train with this man instead
Dar__tkXUAAE0Sv.jpg

Isn't that style originally Dominick Cruz's? TJ just modified it a bit and still lost to DC. Give credit to the OG.
They move a lot, but that doesn't mean their style is the same

He could develop a fighting style where you actually get inside the octagon and fight

Back