Could Brock Lesnar crush Mendes bros?

Depends; will it be a ladder match? Hell-In-A-Cell? If Dana is special guest referee i'd put money on Brock, but there's always a chance Mark Hunt could stage a run-in from the back and interrupt the action.

Rafa Mendes had a horseshoe up his ass. I pulled that sumbitch out, and I beat him over the head with it!

Or would they simply berimbolo, take his back and choke him out?

giphy.webp
I truly believe Rafa can tap Brock in less than 5 minutes. Ive seen him roll against bigger guys like Luke Rockholt, he even beat Rodolfo Viera in a No Gi comp a while ago.

I'd bet on Rafa in sub only no time limit. Brock in MMA.

I personally don't believe a guy who didn't make pure competitive grappling his main focus could smash Rafa, even nogi. Riding a decision, sure, but that's another matter.

I dunno man Schaub smashed Cyborg

There's a video of Rafa going against Ricardo Demente.
Not as big as Brock, but a big guy and silver? medallist at the worlds.

It's not like Rafa worked him, but IIRC he was attacking a lot.
Don't remember him being at much danger of being passed either.

I think Rafa got a back take. I thin Gui attempted stuff but didn't get any points.

I had the opposite impression. I felt that both brothers, especially Gui, struggled a little with Dementes size.

There's also a video of Gui with this enormous guy from Guam or something in a teal gi. Now Gui is retired, but my impression was that size definitely mattered.

I think Rafa would did better. Besides that Galvao video, there is a Jake Shields video with Rafa where Rafa does great.

I truly believe Rafa can tap Brock in less than 5 minutes. Ive seen him roll against bigger guys like Luke Rockholt, he even beat Rodolfo Viera in a No Gi comp a while ago.
Rockhold is at least 80lbs lighter than lesnar. And he didn’t beat rodolfo, he lost a decision. Was close tho. But again lesnar is way bigger than rodolfo

There's a video of Rafa going against Ricardo Demente.
Not as big as Brock, but a big guy and silver? medallist at the worlds.

It's not like Rafa worked him, but IIRC he was attacking a lot.
Don't remember him being at much danger of being passed either.

Demente is a Big Dude. He was a guest instructor at Robson Moura's annual camp a couple of years back. Funny as Fuck. Good looking too. If I were gay, he'd be on my list.
Him and Bruno Bastos had us cracking up. Bruno called their session, "Man Size Jiu Jitsu"

Brock is surely way bigger and stronger than all the Bjj heavy guys named until now, no debate on that, but on the other hand I'm sure he lack their very specific guard passing skills. He did some nice things in MMA like that half guard pass on Mir, but we can all agree that pure grappling wise is another matter. You guys think size and athleticism would make up for that to the point Brock is passing Rafa's guard? Because I think that's where the main question is

Brock is surely way bigger and stronger than all the Bjj heavy guys named until now, no debate on that, but on the other hand I'm sure he lack their very specific guard passing skills. He did some nice things in MMA like that half guard pass on Mir, but we can all agree that pure grappling wise is another matter. You guys think size and athleticism would make up for that to the point Brock is passing Rafa's guard? Because I think that's where the main question is

Brock Lesnar would never pass Rafa's guard. That is not a thing that would happen. Size probably matters less in passing guard relative to technique more than in any other part of BJJ (that's kind of the point of guard). I don't see a world in which that happens other than as a total fluke if they rolling thousands of times.

That is not a thing that would happen.

In a sense of technique, no, but I think it's quite possible that Brock goes HULK SMASH and flails around dropping 300 lbs on Rafa until something breaks and he gets a pass due to injury. Repeatedly diving from the top rope isn't really what anyone has in mind here, I'll admit, but I think people are underestimating Brock's size vs Rafa's ligaments and bones. The chances of Rafa coming out of a high-stakes match unscathed are fairly low, IMO.

Last edited:
Brock Lesnar would never pass Rafa's guard. That is not a thing that would happen. Size probably matters less in passing guard relative to technique more than in any other part of BJJ (that's kind of the point of guard). I don't see a world in which that happens other than as a total fluke if they rolling thousands of times.

That's what I also think more or less, and why I want to understand, given that we already established that Brock riding a decision could very well be, to which conclusion people that keep underlining Brock being bigger than Rodolfo or Andre wants to arrive

In a sense of technique, no, but I think it's quite possible that Brock goes HULK SMASH and flails around dropping 300 lbs on Rafa until something breaks and he gets a pass due to injury. Repeatedly diving from the top rope isn't really what anyone has in mind here, I'll admit, but I think people are underestimating Brock's size vs Rafa's ligaments and bones. The chances of Rafa coming out of a high-stakes match unscathed are fairly low, IMO.

I don't think that's really how grappling works. For one thing, I'm not sure Brock would ever be able to keep someone like Rafa in one place long enough to really put a lot of weight on him. The whole Mendes guard system is based on maintaining distance and keeping your opponent off of you, I've never seen them hang out in closed guard or with people double under passing them which are the kind of positions from which you can really smash someone. It's not like they're just going to sit there while Brock frog splashes them.

I've never seen them hang out in closed guard or with people double under passing them

Galvao managed to to hold that position, but he's a much better passer than Brock will ever be. My main point is that in Rafa will always be playing guard against Brock. He's certainly not going to out-wrestle him. I think the injury will come not from Brock grinding on him with technical pressure, but as the result of some explosive movement and falling body weight. I don't think that's a statement about Rafa's technical skill as much as their difference in mass.

Perhaps I have a less optimistic view of the human body's structural integrity due to my own injury history.

Galvao managed to to hold that position, but he's a much better passer than Brock will ever be. My main point is that in Rafa will always be playing guard against Brock. He's certainly not going to out-wrestle him. I think the injury will come not from Brock grinding on him with technical pressure, but as the result of some explosive movement and falling body weight. I don't think that's a statement about Rafa's technical skill as much as their difference in mass.

Perhaps I have a less optimistic view of the human body's structural integrity due to my own injury history.

It's certainly possible. I guess I don't see Mendes allowing a position where even a sudden movement by Brock would result in most of his weight dropping on Mendes without adequate frames. I mean, leg pressing 300 lbs isn't that big a deal for a 150 lb man, unless Rafa was stacked or otherwise compromised positionally I don't know that it would injure him.

Brocks sheer size and wrestling ability would be tough for them to deal with, but I could see them getting a submission. I am 6 foot 6 and 250lbs and Gui tapped me twice in 5 minutes, with the same move. I was a black belt when I rolled with Gui too. I dont have brocks wreslting or sheer strength, but Gui did whatever he wanted to me.

Brocks sheer size and wrestling ability would be tough for them to deal with, but I could see them getting a submission. I am 6 foot 6 and 250lbs and Gui tapped me twice in 5 minutes, with the same move. I was a black belt when I rolled with Gui too. I dont have brocks wreslting or sheer strength, but Gui did whatever he wanted to me.

What did he tap you with?

Did he start on top, knee slide then baseball choke you?

How did he feel playing guard with you on top? That's the scenario Brock would be in ,

Back