Could Brock Lesnar crush Mendes bros?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Or would they simply berimbolo, take his back and choke him out?

giphy.webp

You mean at the same time? In a fight? I still got Brock.

King Gordon would heelhook all 3 at once

thats such a bizarre match up. I guess they could pull something off from the bottom possibly? Hes over 100 lb heavier than them, an elite wrestler with bjj experience. It could just be a total smashing. That would be ugly and dangerous for the mendes bros. Are there any video of them going against big elite dudes in sparring?

In bbj match probably Mendes bros would win? Submission only?

It would take some time though.

im pretty sure they leg lock brock or choke him 100 pounds vs mendes isnt a big issue watch mendes in no gi abu dhabi 2011 he fought Rudolph viera and he couldnt pass rafas guard brock isnt a technical guy im pretty sure he gets his leg and takes him it

MMA would be so ugly it doesn't need comment. At the opposite, just submission wise I can't bet against any of the Mendes bros.
thats such a bizarre match up. I guess they could pull something off from the bottom possibly? Hes over 100 lb heavier than them, an elite wrestler with bjj experience. It could just be a total smashing. That would be ugly and dangerous for the mendes bros. Are there any video of them going against big elite dudes in sparring?

Rafa went against Rodolfo nogi and survived pretty well. Even though he wasn't as strong as with the gi on, I can't see Brock being harder than that honestly. Plus there were several other videos of them spar with heavier guys and always doing quite fine (this, if we are always talking in the realm of Bjj/submission).

I imagine brock walks around at 280+. It would be incredibly impressive if they could beat brock in a match. If it was just rolling im sure they could tap him a lot but a full on match i feel like brock would be able to control them fairly easily.

Grappling gi or no go, Mendes all day.

MMA? LMAO. Can't be serious. It would be nasty.

Brock would of course murder them in an MMA match. I think Brock would win under ADCC rules too, just because of the takedowns and negative for guard pull (I just don't see them sweeping a guy like Brock or getting to his back if he's just being cagey). Under IBJJF rules without the gi I don't know, again I could easily see Brock stalling and ending up getting a decision just for being on top the whole time. I have a hard time seeing either Mendes get an advantage against him without the gi. In the gi I'd say the Mendes win every time, it's just so much easier to manipulate people and I have a feeling they could play around Brock's size and get on his back.

People really shouldn't underestimate how good Brock is at grappling. He was a very, very good wrestler who spent years training as a professional MMA fighter, he's not some novice when it comes to submission wrestling. Just because of his physicality there honestly are not that many guys I'd pick over him in an ADCC rules match.

Id love to here a truthful compilation of anecdotes about brock's grappling from guys like Rodrigo Medeiros, Erik Paulson, Greg Nelson, etc. Like a timeline of sorts. Ive heard/read many over the years but most of them have always been pretty general and vague. I do remember when Brock was getting ready for Hong man Choi there were stories of Matt Hughes tapping him repeatedly in training at MFS Gym. Not necessarily any shame there as a prime matt Hughes/green Lesnar is probably a pretty even sub grappling match.

Id love to here a truthful compilation of anecdotes about brock's grappling from guys like Rodrigo Medeiros, Erik Paulson, Greg Nelson, etc. Like a timeline of sorts. Ive heard/read many over the years but most of them have always been pretty general and vague. I do remember when Brock was getting ready for Hong man Choi there were stories of Matt Hughes tapping him repeatedly in training at MFS Gym. Not necessarily any shame there as a prime matt Hughes/green Lesnar is probably a pretty even sub grappling match.

But everyone knows when Matt Hughes takes on a train, Matt Hughes wins every time.

I do remember when Brock was getting ready for Hong man Choi there were stories of Matt Hughes tapping him repeatedly in training at MFS Gym. Not necessarily any shame there as a prime matt Hughes/green Lesnar is probably a pretty even sub grappling match.

Even though it was gym taps it must have made Hughes's his balls feel huge. I would print out a huge poster of that and frame it

There's a video of Rafa going against Ricardo Demente.
Not as big as Brock, but a big guy and silver? medallist at the worlds.

It's not like Rafa worked him, but IIRC he was attacking a lot.
Don't remember him being at much danger of being passed either.

There is even this

famous sparring with Andre Galvao, where it looked like Andre tried really hard to pass his guard and never even came close to it, only to be subbed at the end by Rafa. Granted it isn't competition, but it still gives some good informations.

I personally don't believe a guy who didn't make pure competitive grappling his main focus could smash Rafa, even nogi. Riding a decision, sure, but that's another matter.

smash Rafa

I don't think anyone is saying that. Brock could well win an ADCC match just based on the point structure. FFS, he's almost 100 lbs heavier than Galvao. He's quite literally DOUBLE Rafa's weight. At least in terms of mass, that's like an average adult male rolling with an eighth grade girl. All the "big" guys you see Rafa dealing with on video are completely dwarfed by Lesnar. Don't underestimate physics.

I don't think anyone is saying that
TS literally wrote "crush" in the title. By the way I said he could surely ride a decision, yes. For anything else I'd need to see it, but since Rafa is retired and we are already in high fantasy land without considering that, it's safe to say it's just not gonna happen.

Back