Could Bellator do a LHW tournament?

jamesgalb

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After the HW tournament, Bellators LHW division is stacked with talent...

Ryan Bader
Phil Davis
Quinton Jackson
King Mo
Chael Sonnon
Liam McGeary
Linton Vassell

If they could somehow snag the winner of Tito vs Chuck, they could have a huge LHW Tournament. Even without them, its a solid list of names...

No Nemkov, Feijao, Fortune, Young, Sakara, Karl Moore, Trice on your list?

throw in mousasi he murks all them dudes

No. LHW is their worst division right now. MW actually has contenders

Sick and tired of thes long term tourneys. Strike force dragged it out. Bella for doing it with the HWs. Road FC doing it with the LWs. Eith r do it right, within a y at, or not at all.

I love tournaments but this would just be a really slow build up for Bader/Davis 3.

one night tourney please and thank you. (I can dream)

Sure they can and Scott Coker will drag it out for two years and everyone will lose interest in it because they forgot the tournament was still going (lol).

Theyre currently proving they don't know how to do a proper tournament now.

If they can bang it out in 3/4 months like they used to..

Is there actually anything preventing them from doing one-day or two-day tourney in Japan or somewhere else abroad?

After the HW tournament, Bellators LHW division is stacked with talent...

Ryan Bader
Phil Davis
Quinton Jackson
King Mo
Chael Sonnon
Liam McGeary
Linton Vassell

If they could somehow snag the winner of Tito vs Chuck, they could have a huge LHW Tournament. Even without them, its a solid list of names...
Jesus u think that is stacked.
<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>
Bader already beat the best names there anyways and after he wins the HW tournament it makes more sense for him to defend it vs Minakov.

LHW is a very weak division in Bellator. I think Middleweight should get a chance at a GP before LHW does again.

On your list, Rampage, Sonnen, Mo, and Bader are involved in the Heavyweight tournament. I don't think this tournament would even be interesting when we already saw half the participants in this year's GP.

The only name I could see coming out of this is Nemkov and he's already just one fight away from the title.

I don't see Liam McGeary ever coming close to the title again and Vassell is moving up. Davis and Bader aren't interesting enough to have a GP built around them.

Hampage is also never coming back to 205. Ever.

Is there actually anything preventing them from doing one-day or two-day tourney in Japan or somewhere else abroad?

Well they would have to have it at a weird time because Japanese time zones.

Sick and tired of thes long term tourneys. Strike force dragged it out. Bella for doing it with the HWs. Road FC doing it with the LWs. Eith r do it right, within a y at, or not at all.

WSOF/PFL has it right.

Their 8 man tourney in 2016 I believe was the whole tournament in one night (fight 3 times in one night).

Their new shit going on is good too, the next events have the fighters fight 2 times in one night. Then the finals a month a later.

Back