Could basically any woman train for 6 months and be a pro 145 lb UFC fighter?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's like 2-3 fighters in the division, right? Competition for men's divisions is fierce and you need years of training and years of competition experience to even think about it. I think it's plausible though that a 165 lb woman just signs up at the local gym, loses 10 lbs, trains casually for 6 months, and gets good enough to be a UFC 145 lb fighter.

The popular answer is yes. The real answer is no.

There's like 2-3 fighters in the division, right? Competition for men's divisions is fierce and you need years of training and years of competition experience to even think about it. I think it's plausible though that a 165 lb woman just signs up at the local gym, loses 10 lbs, trains casually for 6 months, and gets good enough to be a UFC 145 lb fighter.
They still need 1 more fighter to make a divison, you'd literally have to be better than an empty cage.

Think it's fairly easy to get into cuz it is shallow.

To compete yes... Champion no. There's a bigger gap for WMMA GOAT than the mens.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cris-Cyborg-punches-Holly-Holm-to-cage-UFC-219-UFC-photo.jpg

10128870.jpg

If you dont mind getting hit and can take it psychologically yes anybody.

Yes

Pro fighter, yes. UFC fighter, no. I have enough respect for these women that put their health on the line than to insult them like that. How many professional MMA fights have you competed in TS? Would you risk getting your head caved in for 15K?

I guess it's possible, but not likely. A lot of the WMMA fights I've seen there hasn't been any improvements technically.
Holm has been training MMA for like 4+ years and it seems like she hasn't improved since day 1. Unless the only thing she trains is ish, ish, leg kick, ish...

Any woman can train for 6 month and be beaten by a pro, yes.

To be misogynist, the reason that TS is wrong is that he has no idea how uncoordinated and unfit 99.999% of women are to combat sports if any kind. Literally, just to find a woman who can take a punch to the face without breaking down and crying for an hour is nearly impossible.

So no, far from it that any woman can train 6 months and be a 145 lb UFC fighter.

Back