Could anyone imagine, and would it be marketable, to have a "UFC Greatest Top Control/Grappling DVD

pilgrim4702

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
there is a DVD collection (and I've seen it shown on spike tv/ fs1) called "UFC 100 greatest knockouts" or something like that. It was marketable enough and let's be real, people like ko's, especially highlight reel ones.

I'm not a hater on wrestling, I wrestled in high school, I'm a huge fan of Ben Askren, and I thought shields vs palares was super intense, and I believe Chael sonnen, frank Edgar, Kabib, Maia and shields grapple guys to try to finish them. I have no prob w that.

But can we be real that no one fucking wants to see guys use wrestling to try and win on points with takedowns and top control? No market value whatsoever, and inviting friends over to watch the fight and then seeing Jon Fitch, Hendricks, mm, gsp, and even typically exciting fighters dive for takedowns when they are getting outstruck or overwhelmed(weidman) use wrestling for ts own sake is about as awesome as bringing a chick home as a 30 year old man and you have a twin bed and live in your parents basement.

Can we stop pretending that top control grows the sport and is marketable? The UFC would never and could never sell a 'highlight' reel (to the average sports fan in hopes of growing the sport)of gsp's style of fighting.

Nope that would suck

ONLY KOs MASTER RACE CREW CHECKING IN HNNNNNGGGGGG

I would buy a "UFC 100 greatest takedowns" but top control? No, of course not. But that doesn't mean anything, I don't think a dvd called "Soccer's greatest passes" would sell very well either but you can't even play the game without them.

It's a part of the game, learn to defend takedowns, switch positions, instead of crying about it, learn to adapt to it. It's MMA, not kickboxing.

Would be interesting to watch but probably no market.

They already have "UFC's Greatest submissions".

They already have "UFC's Greatest submissions".

exactly, title is equivalent of

"UFC's - 100 greatest moments of fighters looking for openings"

method=get&s=tyron-woodley-rory-macdonald-gif.gif

What about 100 greatest uses of evasive footwork or even 100 greatest jabs?

there is a DVD collection (and I've seen it shown on spike tv/ fs1) called "UFC 100 greatest knockouts" or something like that. It was marketable enough and let's be real, people like ko's, especially highlight reel ones.

I'm not a hater on wrestling, I wrestled in high school, I'm a huge fan of Ben Askren, and I thought shields vs palares was super intense, and I believe Chael sonnen, frank Edgar, Kabib, Maia and shields grapple guys to try to finish them. I have no prob w that.

But can we be real that no one fucking wants to see guys use wrestling to try and win on points with takedowns and top control? No market value whatsoever, and inviting friends over to watch the fight and then seeing Jon Fitch, Hendricks, mm, gsp, and even typically exciting fighters dive for takedowns when they are getting outstruck or overwhelmed(weidman) use wrestling for ts own sake is about as awesome as bringing a chick home as a 30 year old man and you have a twin bed and live in your parents basement.

Can we stop pretending that top control grows the sport and is marketable? The UFC would never and could never sell a 'highlight' reel (to the average sports fan in hopes of growing the sport)of gsp's style of fighting.

I would watch it if they presented The Top 10 Roiders of All-Time.
The roid crew has given us some good fights.

To an average fan like yourself it may not be marketable, but for me the best round ive seen this year is rd1 rda vs magny.

That shit was a thing of beauty

To an average fan like yourself it may not be marketable, but for me the best round ive seen this year is rd1 rda vs magny.

That shit was a thing of beauty

I haven't seen it, but was it better tHan Johnson vs gaetche?

I haven't seen it, but was it better tHan Johnson vs gaetche?

For me yes it was

Im more of a "hit without getting hit"fan, fights like bigfoot vs hunt, gatetche vs johnson dont appeal..the truly great ones are usually two way fighters, both defensively and offensively sound.

I don't know, I got "The NFL's Greatest Handoffs." It's a superb video about ball placement on handoffs. I only shot off one toe and lost half of my retina in my right eye, due to fork damage. Other than that, it was pretty good. 100 Best Top Control Moments could have the same effect. Think "Population Control" as thousands of MMA fans commit mass suicide at once.

I for one would like the UFCs greatest 100 omaplatas but I think there would only be a few minutes of a Ben Saunders fight.

Back