Cosplay Anyone?

I think you are taking it a bit too seriously there, Slick. You can't be Goku, IRL.
No, but you can be a righteous hombre and learn how to kick some ass if the need arises.
thing is...its easier to dress up as something than to actually take part in it. you know how many people sign up at my gym and then disappear after a few weeks? im sure its the same way in regular fitness gyms.
True. But the time, dedication, and sacrifice some people make on their costumes could amount to so much in the things they want to be.
tell me about it, I wear a XXL motorcycle helmet.

Lol nice. You should go as Martian Manhunter or something, make use of it. Or a Ninja Turtle, that would really fit you so well. You've got a belt in BJJ, right?

thing is...its easier to dress up as something than to actually take part in it. you know how many people sign up at my gym and then disappear after a few weeks? im sure its the same way in regular fitness gyms.

This.

I also don't like the hypocrisy of my fellow nerds. I was watching that NYCC speed dating tv show and they all say they want to be judged by their character instead of looks.

So guess who the nerd girls picked at the end of the show? The dude with a bad ass Iron Man costume. Worst part was that he didn't even make the costume, he just ordered it online. The irony of these nerds.

You could really rock Papaya Daichu as well.

papaya.gif

No, but you can be a righteous hombre and learn how to kick some ass if the need arises.

True. But the time, dedication, and sacrifice some people make on their costumes could amount to so much in the things they want to be.

Lol nice. You should go as Martian Manhunter or something, make use of it. Or a Ninja Turtle, that would really fit you so well. You've got a belt in BJJ, right?

well, theyd have a head start in costume design... :eek:

also, TS DOES have a TMNT av, so...

Ha I actually do have a huge Ninja Turtle mascot costume, it's pretty awesome. Yeah I've been doing BJJ for over 10 years, got my black earlier this year.

never done it and don't really see the appeal in it either. I guess it is like halloween but for nerds. :p

I mean I play a lot of games, but that sub-culture of people I have always had a hard time relating to. Maybe it is different in America.

I wouldn't mind going to something like ComicCon as the people there seem a lot more normal and it looks full of hot chicks in costume which I can dig.

Ha I actually do have a huge Ninja Turtle mascot costume, it's pretty awesome. Yeah I've been doing BJJ for over 10 years, got my black earlier this year.

Damn, I had a feeling it was black. You're a beast dude, cosplayers should look up to you as an inspiration.

Yeah, but I think it's more about the character they like to imagine to be, than only just being able to kick ass. And maybe they also like to be creative in making their costumes.

Of course there are always people that lack in confidence due to being physically weak, etc., but I don't think you should link that to cosplayng, those people are everywhere.

Went to a Chicago Comic-Con a few years back dressed as Kakashi and had a lot of fun. Been thinking about going again but I dont know who I would dress up as this time. Maybe Kuma from Afro Samurai or a Decepticon if I have the material to make the costume.

Shao Kahn has no trouble kicking ass.

tumblr_ly2hfuDl551r6ajqeo1_500.jpg

Are you one of those that does no-gi tournies dressed as superheroes?

Cosplaying is more than about just slapping on a costume. The real fun and the true cosplayers come from making your outfit completely from scratch, either by making, sewing and creating your outfit, or peicing it together from a few items you bought.

I have no skill or interest in making anything. I go to Dragoncon and just stay in a tshirt and jeans, since it's fucking august in Georgia and balls hot. But I have a few friends that love and they spend all year working on their shit.

I hear a lot of cosplayers say it's great because it allows them to be anybody they want, or just someone else in general. But fuck man, you can be whatever you want in real life.

Next time you see someone becoming a demon in real life, call me.
halloween-cosplay-20111026114100108.jpg

But for me, I'm Bandit Keith every 4th of July at Anime Expo. In America.

I went to fan expo in Toronto this year with a super mario hat on, and I shaved my beard into a mustache.

It felt good to be in the freakshow rather than just observing. People were nicer to me too. There were gorgeous women around, dressed up in costumes that made me crazy... but people seemed to be leaving them alone and not hitting on them, which I guess is normal considering these are shows for nerds who are usually pretty shy, but also you'd think one or two cosplayers would at least try to get in there.
I suppose if you harrass the hotties they won't come back? I dunno the logic behind it

anyway good on you TS keep having fun!

I went to fan expo in Toronto this year with a super mario hat on, and I shaved my beard into a mustache.

It felt good to be in the freakshow rather than just observing. People were nicer to me too. There were gorgeous women around, dressed up in costumes that made me crazy... but people seemed to be leaving them alone and not hitting on them, which I guess is normal considering these are shows for nerds who are usually pretty shy, but also you'd think one or two cosplayers would at least try to get in there.
I suppose if you harrass the hotties they won't come back? I dunno the logic behind it

You should have told them you were looking for your princess.

It's something I've been getting into recently as a hobby.

Honestly I used to think it was kind of dumb, cause when I thought of them I thought of anime nerds playing LAIR and shit like a bunch of assholes. But last year I went to a Comic Convention with my friend and made myself an awesome comic book character costume, and now I'm kinda hooked on it.

I'm always thinking of a new character I can bring to life, and have gotten pretty decent at it. I've even had people pay me to make a costume for them, which is kinda cool.

I'm working on 3 new costumes for this upcoming con in November. I still don't like a lot of the god damn nerds it attracts, because some of them are pretty damn nerdy, but there's some pretty cool people there too. And people really appreciate the work you put into a good costume.

Anybody else into it at all?

I went to Comic Con a few years ago and everyone kept asking me if I was Kevin Smith. I am glad I lost that 50 pounds and no longer look that much like him. I have actually met Kevin Smith and he is one cool guy who is very articulate and loves comic books as much as I do. I have thought of ding what you did and am not sure if I would invent a character or if I would go as Bucky Barnes.

I guess people have different results, but I've noticed cons are were normally shy people go get to get their freak on. I've been witness to some debaucheries and have heard of plenty of more going on, from people who may have never been laid the entire year.

I think since it is a gathering of usually shy and awkward people, this is there one time where they are not the minority. They are around people who share the same interests as them and it's a chance for them to let loose and have fun.

I've done it. It can be fun, but like everything else politics get into it when peeps get serious

Back