Cosplay Anyone?

BJJ NINJA

Turtle Power
@Brown
Reaction score
It's something I've been getting into recently as a hobby.

Honestly I used to think it was kind of dumb, cause when I thought of them I thought of anime nerds playing LAIR and shit like a bunch of assholes. But last year I went to a Comic Convention with my friend and made myself an awesome comic book character costume, and now I'm kinda hooked on it.

I'm always thinking of a new character I can bring to life, and have gotten pretty decent at it. I've even had people pay me to make a costume for them, which is kinda cool.

I'm working on 3 new costumes for this upcoming con in November. I still don't like a lot of the god damn nerds it attracts, because some of them are pretty damn nerdy, but there's some pretty cool people there too. And people really appreciate the work you put into a good costume.

Anybody else into it at all?

No, but I love going to Comicon and Dragoncon and watching everybody.

Yeah, definitely. Especially when you see all those broads in revealing outfits :icon_twis.

Yeah, I wanna go to one to. Looks sweet.

I'm actually starting to sell some of the stuff I make, check out these 2 costumes I made.

In the spirit of the Superman Batman movie that's gonna come out...

relevant

7jcGb6Z.jpg

tumblr_lr2ddibbkh1r1bz0wo1_400.jpg

enji-night-2.jpg

04-enji-night-otaku-house-cosplay-idol-europe.jpg

Damn bro, you got a dome like Tito.

Can I cosplay as Hannibal or is that against the rules?

I don't have an issue with cosplay for the most part, but I've noticed something that really annoys me. I hear a lot of cosplayers say it's great because it allows them to be anybody they want, or just someone else in general. But fuck man, you can be whatever you want in real life. You don't need a costume to live your life like someone you admire. You think martial arts is awesome? Instead of spending time and money on a costume, go to a gym and train. I just think a lot of the hardcore cosplayers need to understand they can be what they want, they aren't children.

I don't have an issue with cosplay for the most part, but I've noticed something that really annoys me. I hear a lot of cosplayers say it's great because it allows them to be anybody they want, or just someone else in general. But fuck man, you can be whatever you want in real life. You don't need a costume to live your life like someone you admire. You think martial arts is awesome? Instead of spending time and money on a costume, go to a gym and train. I just think a lot of the hardcore cosplayers need to understand they can be what they want, they aren't children.

I think you are taking it a bit too seriously there, Slick. You can't be Goku, IRL.

sick abs, TS

ITT risks were taken.

hahaha

thing is...its easier to dress up as something than to actually take part in it. you know how many people sign up at my gym and then disappear after a few weeks? im sure its the same way in regular fitness gyms.

Back