Cortney Casey Just Got Popped for elevated t/e ratio

so is it for the ratio of test to epitest or for the level of test? Those are distinct things. Where is USADA on this?

This sucks for Cortney, and I hope that there is a reasonable explanation for this.

Heh 2/3 of Randa's losses in the UFC comes from women testing positive for PEDs.
Just waiting for Karolina (she shouldn't) to also test positive.

So who's ahead in the PED wars at this point? Is America still no.1?

Lol, so how do you stay clean to USADA, but get flagged under Texas's famously strict testing?

This is a very good question.

Texas are purely using t/e ratio, which in itself isnt a violation under USADA but a pointer to do further testing, for instance GC/C/IRMS (Isotope ratio) testing on samples.

Texas state they havnt conducted Isotope ratio testing on teh samples so they are determining a violation purely on ratio.

which is a bit flakey to be honest.

Her marks were not that far out of range. It's just possible that she has naturally high T/E ratios. Her ratio war 5.4/1 and Texas max is 4.0/1. Does any one know what the limit is for USADA?
wada standard is 4:0 and above

but its usually just a pointer to do more testing, conduct isotope ratio testing etc. they rarely call a violation purely on ratio, very rarely.

Her marks were not that far out of range. It's just possible that she has naturally high T/E ratios. Her ratio war 5.4/1 and Texas max is 4.0/1. Does any one know what the limit is for USADA?

I'm sure it's not that simple. People probably can't get to that level naturally, even if their normal is higher than the standards.

pretty typical texas to be honest.

Your ratio is a bit high so rather than doing what we should do, which is conduct further testing on your sample, running it through isotope ratio testing etc, we are just gonna say fuck it, we cant be bothered and suspend you.

Heh 2/3 of Randa's losses in the UFC comes from women testing positive for PEDs.
Just waiting for Karolina (she shouldn't) to also test positive.
@Drake Randa is the female Bisping! Another one redeemed lol

Fuck sakes shame betting never gets overturned when it's this late.

I said this a while back that women especially Brazilian juice .. I mean look at those wmma fighters that look like big foot Silva ? Lol

This sucks for Cortney, and I hope that there is a reasonable explanation for this.

there could be countless reasons. she could have naturally low epi production, she could have an infection all sorts of normal physiological reasons.

Texas failure (well flat out refusal) to do further testing on the sample is ridiculous to be honest. Maybe Cortney is doping, maybe she isnt, but they havnt established that even slightly.

UFC need to just stop having cards in texas.

A month ago we had the cannabis clusterfuck with fighters suspended for crossing a threshold that texas dont even release (but its well below wada threshold)

As an example. One study suggests oral contraceptives can lower epitestosterone (therefore raising the ratio)

DAybJ5HW0AQcluM.jpg:large

to suspend purely on the basis of a t/e ratio is poppycock.

Damn CHIN OF THE GODS

Back