Cortisol

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone else ever have blood work done and seen that they have relatively high cortisol?

I have high cortisol and noticed even when I clean my diet and exercise it is still difficult to lose weight

If you experienced this, what have you done to continue with your regimine?

I drink a lot of coffee and know it contributes to my issue, but I don't want to stop because I also do ECA stacks from time to time. I wonder if this is giving me adrenal fatigue.

Toss the eca...ffs. Too many stimulants is horrid on you.

How is your sleep?

Have you checked your thyroid?

Stresses in your life?

Toss the eca...ffs. Too many stimulants is horrid on you.

How is your sleep?

Have you checked your thyroid?

Stresses in your life?
I really don't get this obsession with stimulants.

People undervalue sleep and use caffeine and other stimulants to boost an already empty well. Energy drinks have marketed themselves to the youth of today as a necessary supplement to optimize oneself.

If you are on a low carb/ketogenic diet high cortisol is a given because that's how your body mobilizes fat and amino acids for energy, depriving your body of adequate glycogen is a stress and the body utilizes stress hormones (cortisol, adrenaline, etc) adaptively to deal with it. If you are not on a low carb diet then try eating a fruit with your coffee, that should buffer the cortisol release to some degree. You can also take theanine with your coffee as theanine lowers cortisol and in general has great stress lowering effects.

Back