Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Brazilian has never....

UFC still sort of a young organization, combined with the fact it didn't always have a WW division, not to mention lengthy title runs by Hughes and especially GSP and we have no Brazilian champs yet.

What’s fluke about it?

Vítor throws punch to hurt Randy. Punch hurts Randy and he can’t continue.

Fuck, some of you guys act like he slipped on a banana peel.
if a fingernail cut someone and it ended in a tko would that be a fluke.. how about the infamous finger to rumbles eye tko? just curious.. its a young sport, there are many grey areas.

1280px-UFC-Champs.PNG
Wow I didn't realize it was that American dominated.

if a fingernail cut someone and it ended in a tko would that be a fluke.. how about the infamous finger to rumbles eye tko? just curious.. its a young sport, there are many grey areas.
Well a finger to the eye is an illegal move and should obviously not count as a win, but a punch that grazes and cuts the opponent is 100% legal so that’s not a fair comparison. Vítor broke no rules, he injured his opponent throwing a punch, why should that be held against him?

Maia was the best chance. RDA won't get there sorry.

RDA is a much better stylistic matchup against Woodley than Maia.

Maia was never getting that fight to the ground, which was his only win condition.

RDA doesn't have to

No dude, theyre even funnier now.

"Rogan must be smoking weed"
"Who da Fook is that guy"
"Fat Ronda"
"Gay Jesus"
"DJ Midget"
"Luke Rocksalt"
"Is normal"
"Edmond anything"

ALL get better with age.

I love opening a thread and knowing exactly what I'm gonna get. I basically don't ever have to open threads

Lol @ guys saying Struve and Kos. Fulton by far.

Well a finger to the eye is an illegal move and should obviously not count as a win, but a punch that grazes and cuts the opponent is 100% legal so that’s not a fair comparison. Vítor broke no rules, he injured his opponent throwing a punch, why should that be held against him?
I didn't ask if it broke the rules.

I asked if u thought that was a fluke.

And history answered ur own question. It wasn't held against him. The win was his..

It's legit, no one takes it away. It's flukish though, because it's a technicality in design

I didn't ask if it broke the rules.

I asked if u thought that was a fluke.

And history answered ur own question. It wasn't held against him. The win was his..

It's legit, no one takes it away. It's flukish though, because it's a technicality in design
Ok, I guess, kinda... but still he threw a punch with intent to do damage and did just that. It’s also fair to assume that had the punch landed more flush as he intended, it was still likely to end Randy’s night knowing Vitors power early in the fight.

To me a fluke is like Coleman attempting a takedown and Shogun breaking his own arm, or Anderson breaking his leg attempting a kick... one in a million chance type of scenarios. But throwing a strike and cutting your opponent is not all that uncommon.

Ok, I guess, kinda... but still he threw a punch with intent to do damage and did just that. It’s also fair to assume that had the punch landed more flush as he intended, it was still likely to end Randy’s night knowing Vitors power early in the fight.

To me a fluke is like Coleman attempting a takedown and Shogun breaking his own arm, or Anderson breaking his leg attempting a kick... one in a million chance type of scenarios. But throwing a strike and cutting your opponent is not all that uncommon.
Sure but it wasn't just the punch that did it. It was a shitty part of a glove (which they've fixed I'm pretty sure). I get what ur saying, to which I can say... Well Weidman blocked the kick which intends to hurt the person throwing it...

Sure but it wasn't just the punch that did it. It was a shitty part of a glove (which they've fixed I'm pretty sure). I get what ur saying, to which I can say... Well Weidman blocked the kick which intends to hurt the person throwing it...
Kinda, but checking a kick is more of a defensive move and it’s very rare that it actually breaks your opponents leg... throwing a punch on the other hand...

Kinda, but checking a kick is more of a defensive move and it’s very rare that it actually breaks your opponents leg... throwing a punch on the other hand...
i think were gonna have to agree to disagree, even though i think we both agree... whether offensive or defensive, it doesnt matter, sure its rare, but the point is to hurt ur opponent and not hurt urself... punches are also to hurt someone without hurting urself. i would say using ur elbows has more intention to "cut" than punches.

regardless, we havent seen a cut due to a glove design EVER besides that.. and what? maybe one other time? i would still call it a fluke

Back