Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Brazilian has never....

Miletich, Newton, Hughes, Penn, GSP, Serra, Hendrricks, Lawler, Woodley.

I think you're right. Below is a quiz for you guys where you list the champions in UFC history. Idk if this is where to post but anyways.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Cabelinho/ufc-champions
This was kinda difficult. Some of the older weight classes had some brief champions, had to really think back and use the entire allotted amount of time.

82/83 though. I forgot all about poor old Evan Tanner, rest his soul.

Might as well put an * by Nog because he never held the legit HW belt.
That's true. I forgot that he was interim champ.
I just said that Belfort's was a fluke because it was a cut from the glove on a grazing punch.

Nope.

The first Brazilian champs per weight class:
HW: Nog
LHW: Belfort*/Machida
MW: Bustamante
WW: None
LW: RDA
FW: Aldo
BW: Barao
FW: None

*The flukiest fluke of a win, so I also included the next one.

First Brazilian HW champ was JDS, Nog held the interim title

Good call with Vitor there though that was a pretty ridiculous situation

Give Cyborg enough time. She

Not really...

giphy.gif
No dude, theyre even funnier now.

"Rogan must be smoking weed"
"Who da Fook is that guy"
"Fat Ronda"
"Gay Jesus"
"DJ Midget"
"Luke Rocksalt"
"Is normal"
"Edmond anything"

ALL get better with age.

I love opening a thread and knowing exactly what I'm gonna get. I basically don't ever have to open threads

Interdasting Darren Till don’t count if he gets the belt eventually either
Think he only lived in Brasil for like 3yrs or so.. did he get citizenship while there? His daughter is from there and mother of child is from there.

Or you’re not counting it because you said WW specifically. I read the rest of your post which later clarified it, but come on that is sloppy writing

Also, Aldo duh. He’s only one of the greatest p4p fighters of all time. The others I can see forgetting but Aldo??

Massive fail of a thread lol
He mentioned WW and said he's not counting FLyW.. How does FW Aldo come into what TS said? Massive fail of a reply there kiddo..

This was kinda difficult. Some of the older weight classes had some brief champions, had to really think back and use the entire allotted amount of time.

82/83 though. I forgot all about poor old Evan Tanner, rest his soul.
haha I've done it a few times. The 2005 and prior champs I normally forget. Anyways...if you key word search UFC on sporcle there's quite a few quizzes. One that is constantly updated is the top 5 rankings last 5 fight per weight class.

Royce Gracie was the first champion. Trumps your jigglypuff and Alkazam.

Think he only lived in Brasil for like 3yrs or so.. did he get citizenship while there? His daughter is from there and mother of child is from there.
I didn’t know that. Interesting fellow that Darren Till. You were right about griffin. That was a good win for him

I didn’t know that. Interesting fellow that Darren Till. You were right about griffin. That was a good win for him
Yeah, I only found out about Till having lived in Brasil and had a child there, recently when we had a guy from England come out to train. He said Till speaks fluent Portugese. But if he earned citizenship, then he may be the first "dual citizen" to hold a belt in the UFC, if he gets the 170 or 185 belt.

Max is a beast imo, super underrated and that Colby fight i'm sure eats at him! But people don't realize, he was a part time fighter until he got the Perry fight basically. He only trained a handful of hours a day previously, and most who know the man knew that if he could train like it's his full time job, we would see a dif Max. Plus the belief in himself he has these days, is what was lacking imo when he tried the Ultimate Fighter show and took those losses to guys he "should've" beat. Though I will say right now.. Tyler Diamond is THE next Bay Area/Nor*Cal prospect to check out. And I still think Bopo and Emmett, will make an impact in their divisions. Ortiz, Benito and Fili.. I use to be very high on when they were on the regional scene, but don't see them with a belt in the UFC anytime in the near future. But shootz braaduh, it's just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less, and we will see in time.

Never noticed how short Barão reign was at the top. I thought it was longer.

that's because he was interim champ for quite a long time while cruz was battling back from multiple injuries. barao won and then defended the interim title at least twice.

Held the WW belt in the UFC. I'm not counting FLW since it's relatively new but they've a held a title in every other weight class except WW. Kinda surprising actually.

Give Erick Silva time

Interesting... Think Dos Anjos has a good chance to get it done. Maybe if UFC can steal Lima away from Bellator...

Nope.

The first Brazilian champs per weight class:
HW: Nog
LHW: Belfort*/Machida
MW: Bustamante
WW: None
LW: RDA
FW: Aldo
BW: Barao
FW: None

*The flukiest fluke of a win, so I also included the next one.
What’s fluke about it?

Vítor throws punch to hurt Randy. Punch hurts Randy and he can’t continue.

Fuck, some of you guys act like he slipped on a banana peel.

Might as well put an * by Nog because he never held the legit HW belt.
There’s still Werdum, or does that not count either cause it wasn’t sea level Cain?

Back