Corporate America abandoning the NRA

"The problem is nobody wants to compromise on freedom of speech. I don’t want free speech banned just a little more regulation, but when I mention regulation you get labeled as a free speech banner."

Would you write that about the 1st Amendment? No. That's why gun owners aren't willing to compromise anymore on the 2nd Amendment. They've already given up way more than they should have.

The NRA is the new Tobacco lobby.

The problem is nobody wants to compromise on guns. I don’t want them banned just a little more regulation, but when I mention regulation you get labeled as a gun banner.

Just like Fakes News is great for Trump because any true negative articles he can label fake, any gun regulation can be spinners as “they want to takes our guns” 300 million guns in the US ain’t nobody taking them because that is impossible.
Also 3 D printing is going to be a while mother set of issues.

Their business..they can do what they want. I think they forget that the people who are most vocal, have no money.

Interesting, if that were the case you'd think that the manufactures would make up more than 5-10% of their revenue.

gnJJhJO.png

Not really. Many of these types of associations are created by corporations specifically to coalesce public opinion on their side. The corporations create them, they might give them the seed money, but they don't fund them over the long run. They're more effective if they can get their funding from donations and subscriptions.

Random story: I once helped a real estate broker start a new rating system for determining how green a property was. The organization, which he wasn't formally affiliated with...on paper, would go out and rate all the properties he was intending to sell (among others). Then he could justify higher sales prices because the green energy rating was so positive.

It was a pretty slick venture. It never went national or even state-wide but locally it got a little buzz.

That's blither though.

A car is not intended to kill someone.

US gun laws are abnormal for Western standards.

There. I just ruined your attempt at being clever. In 2 sentences.
The US IS the western standard.

Good. Those assholes clearly don't need discounts since they have so much money to donate to slimy politicians.

LOL, as if everyone who isn't a card carrying member is automatically anti-gun.

It's the number of people who face no changes because of this.
But I'd bet a damn sight more than 5 million are anti gun as you put it. Especially when consider huge numbers of people aren't opposed to any and all gun ownership, they just want reasonable laws like every other first world country.

It's the number of people who face no changes because of this.
But I'd bet a damn sight more than 5 million are anti gun as you put it. Especially when consider huge numbers of people aren't opposed to any and all gun ownership, they just want reasonable laws like every other first world country.
Sorry bud, antis are the vocal minority. Just watch what happens when new legislation is even proposed; guns and ammo fly off the shelves. People vote with their wallets.

They're not just a gun club, they bribe (lobby) politicians with millions and directly influence American Gun Politics

Whatever they're doing, it all ends at the protection of constitutional rights. They shouldn't have to bribe politicians to do that. More of a knock on the scumbags in office if it's even true.

Sorry bud, antis are the vocal minority. Just watch what happens when new legislation is even proposed; guns and ammo fly off the shelves. People vote with their wallets.

Shouldn't voters on the left be more irritated at their own media and politicians for this than anyone else, if it's true?

Do you really think that would indicate a majority?

My bet is such action wouldn't even move the needle on the number of gun owners.

I didn't realize NRA membership carried so many privileges.

I don't see any of this hurting the NRA all that much. I also see nothing wrong with corporations exercising their rights to stop supporting something, but that works both ways.

That said, it is dumb to attack the NRA over sick people deciding to commit violence that they have nothing to do with. They're basically a gun club that promotes and tries to help preserve the 2nd. And seeing all the bullshit flung around after tragedies like this only justifies a lot of what they do and support.

Ya, just a gun club that tells its members that the librulz are evil lying scum that have infiltrated all of education, all of mass media, all of popular culture and are waging a violent war against good people, and that they must be beaten back with "the clenched fist of truth."

More likely to follow. This is the first time I can recall the NRA actually taking a hit. Some Republicans are actually taking positions that the NRA opposes also.

Does the NRA hold firm or do they give into some real changes being called for?

What did the NRA do again?

WTF is up with liberals being so cheap for shit they supposedly care about?

Repubs can come up with 175 million for the pro side? Why arent there millions of liberals donating $50 each to help stop the nra or gun lobby, etc?

Why don't liberals put their money where their mouth is?

Derp, did you just put that the other 315 million people in this country that are not part of the nra are all against guns and theh NRA?
Jesus, liberals say republicans are anti science, well its apparent liberals are math/stats/economics stupid.

Derp, did you just put that the other 315 million people in this country that are not part of the nra are all against guns and theh NRA?
Jesus, liberals say republicans are anti science, well its apparent liberals are math/stats/economics stupid.

I put them as not NRA.

Back