Corporate America abandoning the NRA

Doesn't really hurt the NRA, all of those corporate associations were for members to get discounts with those companies. Now the 5 million NRA members will just give their money to other companies.

TBH this is just more racism against caucasians. I support gun reform but vilifying the NRA and it’s members is flat out bigotry.

Or maybe it's a corrupt fanatic group at this point, and normal people don't get why one would still support the group, much less maintain a membership at this point.

More likely to follow. This is the first time I can recall the NRA actually taking a hit. Some Republicans are actually taking positions that the NRA opposes also.

Does the NRA hold firm or do they give into some real changes being called for?

Now imagine if all NRA members just stopped using those companies..not sure this was a well thought out plan.

FedEx seems like the last hold out biggie. NRA boasts 5 million members - it's asinine how much power they are given, but at $35 yearly membership that is $175M a year to buy politicians with. Until Gun Reform side can get equal money to donate to challengers of bought and paid for by NRA pols they'll keep having their power.

The NRA is also the lobby group for weapons manufacturers. It's dual funding and support network are why it is so powerful despite such a relatively small membership.

Now imagine if all NRA members just stopped using those companies..not sure this was a well thought out plan.

5 million vs 315 million, hmm which market to target???

Tough one.

Dumb. This is about equal to boycotting cars when everyone was driving cars into crowds last year.

Who was the last person to kill 17 people with a car?

Dumb. This is about equal to boycotting cars when everyone was driving cars into crowds last year.

That's blither though.

A car is not intended to kill someone.

US gun laws are abnormal for Western standards.

There. I just ruined your attempt at being clever. In 2 sentences.

TBH this is just more racism against caucasians. I support gun reform but vilifying the NRA and it’s members is flat out bigotry.

giphy.gif

That said, it is dumb to attack the NRA over sick people deciding to commit violence that they have nothing to do with. They're basically a gun club that promotes and tries to help preserve the 2nd. And seeing all the bullshit flung around after tragedies like this only justifies a lot of what they do and support.
They're not just a gun club, they bribe (lobby) politicians with millions and directly influence American Gun Politics

I really don't think the NRAs political donations matter as much as the grades theu give politicians.

Gun nuts look at those ratings and vote based on them.

GOPers aren't blocking gun laws for contributions they are scared of losing in the primaries
Democrat = F, no matter what you think about the 2nd Amendment, lol

Back