Corporate America abandoning the NRA

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

More likely to follow. This is the first time I can recall the NRA actually taking a hit. Some Republicans are actually taking positions that the NRA opposes also.

Does the NRA hold firm or do they give into some real changes being called for?

FedEx seems like the last hold out biggie. NRA boasts 5 million members - it's asinine how much power they are given, but at $35 yearly membership that is $175M a year to buy politicians with. Until Gun Reform side can get equal money to donate to challengers of bought and paid for by NRA pols they'll keep having their power.

TBH this is just more racism against caucasians. I support gun reform but vilifying the NRA and it’s members is flat out bigotry.

I don't see any of this hurting the NRA all that much. I also see nothing wrong with corporations exercising their rights to stop supporting something, but that works both ways.

That said, it is dumb to attack the NRA over sick people deciding to commit violence that they have nothing to do with. They're basically a gun club that promotes and tries to help preserve the 2nd. And seeing all the bullshit flung around after tragedies like this only justifies a lot of what they do and support.

In the words of Matt Serra, "Good, fuck 'em."

Well, those companies can do whatever they want.

But I mean now you leave the NRA? The NRA has been doing the same thing forever.
Sandy Hook, LV or all the other mass shooting didn't seem like enough to abandon the NRA?

Not that it matters to the NRA. Personally, I don't see any issue giving discounts to the NRA if you are a business.
The real problem is that groups like the NRA can influence politics with money.

damn I didn't know you could get discount rates just for being in the NRA. About to join the NRA right now.

@HatchetHarry needs to ask his mommy for permission to answer that.

He'll get back to you.

Meh, I think he's just being melodramatic in order to get reactions tbh. Maybe not tho, maybe he really believes what he's saying. We'll see, here's an opportunity to explain himself.

There's just more companies I don't do business with. No biggie. They feel like virtue signalling then so do I.

LOL @ United though. Didn' they just settle a suit with the ACLU? They really aren't much for the Constitution I guess.

Well, those companies can do whatever they want.

But I mean now you leave the NRA? The NRA has been doing the same thing forever.
Sandy Hook, LV or all the other mass shooting didn't seem like enough to abandon the NRA?

Not that it matters to the NRA. Personally, I don't see any issue giving discounts to the NRA if you are a business.
The real problem is that groups like the NRA can influence politics with money.

All the NRA wants to do with its influence is see that a part of the constitution that is constantly wrongly under fire from one side remains protected by the other. I don't see an issue with that.

TBH this is just more racism against caucasians. I support gun reform but vilifying the NRA and it’s members is flat out bigotry.
Grow a pair Harry .....bloody hell I hate entitled people playing the victim

damn I didn't know you could get discount rates just for being in the NRA. About to join the NRA right now.
I've never really considered being a member, have one friend that is. I get so sick of this grandstanding I sometimes feel like joining out of spite.

All the NRA wants to do with its influence is see that a part of the constitution that is constantly wrongly under fire from one side remains protected by the other. I don't see an issue with that.

Not really the NRA is a lobbying group for weapons manufactorer.
How many of their memebers actually own any bear arms?

Grow a pair Harry .....bloody hell I hate entitled people playing the victim

How many of these people boycotting the NRA have been negatively effected by the organization? Who is playing the victim again?

NRA is a lobbying group for weapons manufactorer.

Interesting, if that were the case you'd think that the manufactures would make up more than 5-10% of their revenue.

gnJJhJO.png

Not really the NRA is a lobbying group for weapons manufactorer.
How many of their memebers actually own any bear arms?

Um, many weapons manufacturers in this country at one time or another have made anti 2nd comments themselves. Colt got nailed for this a while back for example, and as a result had a lot of people boycotting them. So no, they are not just a 'weapons manufacturer' lobby, their members are made up of many regular citizens too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back