Cormier would get KO by stipe,overeem,werdum and jds if he go back to HW

Proof is in the pudding, he's not cutting all that weight for his health.

I like how DC gets away with garbage striking, when his opponents are tentative on striking exchanges to avoid takedown threat

Its a shame we never saw DC vs a legit top 5 HW

Barnett could I spose be argued at that stage but I think him and Bigfoot were actually some of the best style matchups for DC at HW.

Werdum and Reem especially are bad style matchups IMHO, I mean Reems chin obviously means DC would have a shot but I think in both those fights he gets worked with knees and bodykicks.

The big difference between Cormier and Fedor for me is just how quick and explosive the latter was, it was very tough for bigger guys to outrage him because he could land punchs from distance very effective. Indeed I think you see the difference in the way todays older slower Fedor is now getting caught on the way in, part of that I think is less timing and variety in striking but speed is also a big issue.

Sylvia not safe at his preferred jabbing range...

jqrtqp.jpg

I doubt it. DC is an underrated fighter who has already proven he can beat everyone but a roided-up Jon Jones.

This new KO version of Stipe would probably beat him, but yeah DC would take the rest and lol at Werdum just like he TKO'd Travis Brown right? He couldn't even TKO Edmond

This dc wont pull it off....his 2012, 2013 version would.

He would break Overeem and JDS. Stipe would be a really hard fight though.

I agree. DC is a shitty fighter. Imagine what would Ngannou do to him.

I think what you utter cans are forgetting is that HW is the worst division in MMA in terms of skill. Cormier is a very skilled fighter and at HW he would be leaps and bounds over most of them. Josh Barnett was a far, far more experienced MMA fighter and DC utterly smashed him. Only Stipe would have an advantage on him and that's only because he's much younger than the fossils on the list that have all been brutally KO'd multiple times.

Jon Jones would fuck most of them up too and he's about the closest thing to DC at LHW.
Overeem,jds,stipe and werdum not skilled? All four of them is more skilled than dc.

As long as the KO didn't permanently crack his chin I'd take DC against pretty much everyone at HW. He kicked the shit out of TRT Bigfoot (who had just beaten Fedor), tossed Barnett around like a child, and dominated Nelson and Mir. He has the strength to put anyone on their back and has a big speed advantage over most other HW's.

I'd favor younger HW DC over everyone except Stipe. Current DC:

1. Stipe beats him. Too much pressure, power, and he has good wrestling also. If DC had a rough time with Gus (only won via split decision) then Stipe might maim him. DC can KO him, though, as Reem almost did. By all accounts, though, Stipe is strong as fuck, even when compared to other strong HWs like Reem.

2. JDS loses. Everyone knows the gameplan to beat JDS by now.

3. Werdum is 50/50. DC can KO Werdum, but Werdum can always land a good kick.

4. Reem is 50/50 due to his lack of a chin.

did you even read my first post....

thing is. all of them has fast hand and they hit hard.really hard.and dc never ko anyone in hw other than bigfoot silva whos known for glasschin
DC has more than that at hw bud he never even lost a round at hw, lol at jds elite striking and DC never dealing with that at hw...are you forgetting that DC holds a tko win over a undefeated boxing hw champ I'm sure with much better boxing than jds ijs

If he thought he could beat stipe, he'd still be at heavyweight

Pretty sure he dropped & stayed at LHW because of his friend, Cain.

much too big to get manhandled

Stipe is what? A couple of inches taller than Barnett? Roughly 250-255? More or less around the same weight.

Not saying Stipe wouldn't eventually knock DC out in the later rounds(because I think that's more likely than DC repeatedly taking the champ down for 25 minutes) but I doubt Stipe is "too big" for HW DC to slam if he miraculously got his hands on him the way he did with Barnett. What makes that an improbability is the monstrous pressure Stipe presents along with his TDD.

Pretty sure he dropped & stayed at LHW because of his friend, Cain.

Stipe is what? A couple of inches taller than Barnett? Roughly 250-255? More or less around the same weight.

Not saying Stipe wouldn't eventually knock DC out in the later rounds(because I think that's more likely than DC repeatedly taking the champ down for 25 minutes) but I doubt Stipe is "too big" for HW DC to slam if he miraculously got his hands on him the way he did with Barnett. What makes that an improbability is the monstrous pressure Stipe presents along with his TDD.
He's a much better wrestler than Barnett and a much better striker than anyone D.C. has seen before

First round KO

Every time I see Werdum run at Stipe like a drunken bum on the street I get more confused.

dc never ko anyone in hw other than bigfoot silva whos known for glasschin

Well there is Lucas Browne too the 25-0 HW boxer and all 3 of the HWs you listed have dodgy chins in addition to 2 of them being hard punchers, Werdum not so much. If Werdum beats DC is't via sub not via his stand up.

DC, Rumble and especially Jones would all be fine at HW. They'd beat some top guys and be beaten by some top guys such as HW goes

All interesting fights for sure, DC beats JDS and loses to Stipe. Werdum could get a KO by knee in the clinch due to DCs height and not being afraid of the takedown and Reem could get the KO but Id put money on DC finding his chin first.

Back