Cormier posts about Gustafsson - Won't fight him

Who else is there for DC to fight at LHW? Gus was his most competitive fight other than Jones.

He’s mid tier in a division that’s flatter than piss in a plate. The only thing working in Gus favor is the weakness of LHW. He’s lost to every top LHW he’s faced No, I don’t feel DC should cherry pick. He just has more options as a dual class champ. He might choose to double up on HW fights and vacate. Who knows? No, Brock doesn’t deserve shit. Stipe deserves a rematch as the longest reigning champ in HW history. To my understanding that’s the popular consensus as well. No one believes Brock deserves the special treatment.

You’ve obviously been a fan of this sport* too long to let the UFCs lack of legitimacy as far as titles bother you .

idk, I've been reading nonstop about how DC deserves the payday so Brock is the fight he should take. too many double standards n it gets annoying honestly.

Even if Stipe didn't get it, I'd DC rather take on Blaydes. Stipe can face Volkov, winner gets next shot. Just seems like the logical thing for champions of the division to take on the next most worthy contender, not cherry pick guys who are currently competing in the WWE.

Lost all respect I had for DC.. Jones gave him a 2nd shot at the belt even though their first fight wasn't even close but DC won't do the same for Gus when the majority of people thought Gus won?

sGpFwmv.gif

Gus was the closest to a finish, but, he did not win that fight. I'm not sure there's a majority who thinks he won the fight. He didn't get blown out and it was a competitive fight for all 5 rounds but he definitely lost.

lol DC has pulled out of fights, too. Besides it was a minor injury and he'll be back soon.

This is part of the problem with MMA not being a real sport. Fighters shouldn't be the ones to decide who they will fight. Make it clear - here's a schedule of who you fight to move up/down the rankings. Imagine any other sport where an athlete or team said they wouldn't play against someone else. Wimbledon final - first one to win a semifinal gets to decide who they should play in the finals? NFL - first league championship winner gets to decide who they will play in the Super Bowl? It is retarded.

I actually like DC, but Confirmed DC ducking Alex.

Lost all respect I had for DC.. Jones gave him a 2nd shot at the belt even though their first fight wasn't even close but DC won't do the same for Gus when the majority of people thought Gus won?

sGpFwmv.gif
That was real close to being stopped

sGpFwmv.gif
DC also pulled out of a fight with Jones. Hypocrite

Gus was the closest to a finish, but, he did not win that fight. I'm not sure there's a majority who thinks he won the fight. He didn't get blown out and it was a competitive fight for all 5 rounds but he definitely lost.
One judge thought he won the fight. It was a split decision.

sGpFwmv.gif
Fake news. Jones didn't give DC a second shot at the belt. They fought once then DC won the title, then DC gave Jon an immediate shot at HIS belt.

breaking news: dana announces dc vs gus for ufc 231.

It's obvious Cormier doesn't want to fight a legitimate fighter by his callout of Brock and then wanting to fight Shogun. He's secured a good spot in MMA history and doesn't want to tarnish that legacy at all.

His first fight with Gus was so damn close and considering Cormier's age and Gus's improvement, Gus would probably take him in a rematch.

If Cormier doesn't want to fight real fights, he should just retire.

Yeah, Cormier is scared of Gus who he already beat.

DC beat Rumble x2. Gus can't even beat Rumble. WTF does he need to fight Gus to prove exactly?

DC just beat the best HW champ in UFC history and Alex is fighting dudes in a division below him. Shut the fuck up with this "Cormier doesn't want to fight legitimate fighters" bullshit. He's been fighting legit contenders his entire career. He's earned a Red Panty Night or 2 for fucks sake.

One judge thought he won the fight. It was a split decision.

that judge was clearly not watching the fight. Most mma media scored it for DC, pretty sure most watching it did. DW did.

Either way, DC won that fight. Gus may have been close to a finish but he didn't get it.

Yeah, Cormier is scared of Gus who he already beat.

That's so stupid argument. He got beat up far worse by Gus than vs any other fighter in his career besides in the rematch vs Juicy Jonathan. That is the reason he doesn't want to fight him. Im sure he would if he got a lot bigger paycheck, but that wont happen.

"Definitely lost", lol. I don't understand this argument. If he wins the round where he knocked down DC he wins the fight. If he wins the fourth against Jones he wins that fight. Gus was obviously much closer to finishing DC than Jones was finishing Gus plus he dominated the round against Jones much harder than DC was dominating the round against him, plus actually knocked DC down. So how does he lose both fights? He should've won at least one of those fights if the judging was consistent.

That's so stupid argument. He got beat up far worse by Gus than vs any other fighter in his career besides in the rematch vs Juicy Jonathan. That is the reason he doesn't want to fight him. Im sure he would if he got a lot bigger paycheck, but that wont happen.

<DisgustingHHH>
Gus fights once a year. Come back when he's relevant.

No fighter im a fan of has ever ruined a card pulling out over a minor inury.

Gus will not ever be shit, because of shit like this.

I side with Cormeir here

While he makes lies about Gus ducking Rountree or Smith (even a thought of Gus being afraid to fight some journeymen makes me legit laugh):

..and the whole Sherdog eats whatever DC says and bash Gus? Pathetic.

Rockhold injured, Romero injured, Volkan "breaks his nose", "OSP is getting married", DC "doesn't like Gus"...

But Gustafsson is the one who is ducking??

giphy.gif

jj2.jpg

"This is the worst that I've ever been beat. Gustafsson is a stud, man. The truth is that guy beat me up tonight and made me fight at a level that I didn't even know I could go to".

The truth.

But this is Sherdog...

Back