Cormier posts about Gustafsson - Won't fight him

But he's delusional also? Why do people never call Dc on his bs?

DC will give up his 205 belt then? Nobody else deserves a title shot.

Honestly, I don't blame him. I really try to love Gus. There's no one I rather watch more in a title fight than him. But jesus christ this dude is all kinds of messed up mentally. I've never seen a guy want so many handouts and shortcuts in my life. He practically never fights unless it's for a title shot, and when he does it looks like he even isn't trying to compete. I mean five fights in five years. It's ridiculous. I can't defend him anymore. He's not cut out for fighting. He should listen to himself and just retire.

Honestly gustafsson is a joke. He is 3-3 last 6 fights and acting like hes entitled to fight for every championship. Now he pulled out of UFC 227. Just stfu dude.

DC has roughly two fights left. One is going to be Brock if Lesnar can keep his piss clean. The Crown Jewels of Gus’ career are narrow losses. That says a lot. He’s a great fighter but he hasn’t done shit in arguably the weakest division in men’s mma. His stock is cold as ice. Go take some heads off and earn your shot.

he has earned his shot. He's beat who the UFC has put in front of him aside from DC JBJ and Rumble. Rumble isn't there neither is JBJ at the moment. Next highest ranked contender is Gus. It's that simple.

DC is trying to cherry pick his last few fights. You guys say he deserves it, but condemned Bisping for doing it (I think both shouldn't be allowed to but whatever). Another double standard here on the Dawg. It's because DC is well liked that everyone thinks its cool and that he "deserves" his payday.

Realistically, he deserves to face the next contender in line, that's what champions should do. Luckily for DC, The UFC is more sports entertainment than it is sport at this point so he'll get to sit and wait for Brock (another lol double standard on Sherdog, guys say JBJ doesn't deserve to face DC again because of his past, but are more than OK with him taking on Brock)

So as long as a fighter admits he's a cherry picker it's fine?

Meanwhile DC takes a fight against an unranked opponent that hasn’t fought in 2 years, all for the money.

Lost a little respect for DC. He has no right to question who other people fight when he’s just taking money fights. Seems to me like DC just wants an excuse to not fight Gus.

I can’t help but think this is a work to build intrigue for their rematch later in the year to be honest.

If it’s legit then strip DC and either hold a tournament (Gus vs Smith, Volkan vs Romero) or just re-book Gustafsson vs Oezdemir for the vacant title (at UFC 228 if possible).

Gus was injured during the Volkan fight, couldn't have fought for the title. Check your facts.

DC didn't know that. He even made a poll asking fans who they think he should fight, Volkan or Gus, and did his best to campaign for Volkan.

he has earned his shot. He's beat who the UFC has put in front of him aside from DC JBJ and Rumble. Rumble isn't there neither is JBJ at the moment. Next highest ranked contender is Gus. It's that simple.

DC is trying to cherry pick his last few fights. You guys say he deserves it, but condemned Bisping for doing it (I think both shouldn't be allowed to but whatever). Another double standard here on the Dawg. It's because DC is well liked that everyone thinks its cool and that he "deserves" his payday.

Realistically, he deserves to face the next contender in line, that's what champions should do. Luckily for DC, The UFC is more sports entertainment than it is sport at this point so he'll get to sit and wait for Brock (another lol double standard on Sherdog, guys say JBJ doesn't deserve to face DC again because of his past, but are more than OK with him taking on Brock)

He’s mid tier in a division that’s flatter than piss in a plate. The only thing working in Gus favor is the weakness of LHW. He’s lost to every top LHW he’s faced No, I don’t feel DC should cherry pick. He just has more options as a dual class champ. He might choose to double up on HW fights and vacate. Who knows? No, Brock doesn’t deserve shit. Stipe deserves a rematch as the longest reigning champ in HW history. To my understanding that’s the popular consensus as well. No one believes Brock deserves the special treatment.

You’ve obviously been a fan of this sport* too long to let the UFCs lack of legitimacy as far as titles bother you .

Gustafail should have said that he had colitis. That excuse always works.

Oh please. DCs fighting steroid user Lesnar.

If Gus could offer him the same amount of money he'd have no problem sjarngs that octagon.

It's obvious Cormier doesn't want to fight a legitimate fighter by his callout of Brock and then wanting to fight Shogun. He's secured a good spot in MMA history and doesn't want to tarnish that legacy at all.

His first fight with Gus was so damn close and considering Cormier's age and Gus's improvement, Gus would probably take him in a rematch.

If Cormier doesn't want to fight real fights, he should just retire.

While he makes lies about Gus ducking Rountree or Smith (even a thought of Gus being afraid to fight some journeymen makes me legit laugh):

..and the whole Sherdog eats whatever DC says and bash Gus? Pathetic.

Rockhold injured, Romero injured, Volkan "breaks his nose", "OSP is getting married", DC "doesn't like Gus"...

But Gustafsson is the one who is ducking??

giphy.gif

jj2.jpg

"This is the worst that I've ever been beat. Gustafsson is a stud, man. The truth is that guy beat me up tonight and made me fight at a level that I didn't even know I could go to".

Last edited:
While he makes lies about Gus ducking Rountree or Smith (even a thought of Gus being afraid to fight some journeymen makes me legit laugh):

..and the whole Sherdog eats whatever DC says and bash Gus? Pathetic.

Rockhold injured, Romero injured, Volkan "breaks his nose", "OSP is getting married", DC "doesn't like Gus"...

But Gustafsson is the one ducking??

giphy.gif

jj2.jpg

"This is the worst that I've ever been beat. Gustafsson is a stud, man. The truth is that guy beat me up tonight and made me fight at a level that I didn't even know I could go to".

DC fought 3 times since Gus last fought

tenor.gif

gus could beat dc honestly. if dc wants both belts heading into the lesnar fight hes gonna duck him no matter what

he wants lesnar and a fight at LHW thats easy pickens - which is why he called out shogun. and as we saw hours ago shogun is in no shape to fight for a title, that would be a joke.

if he wont fight gus theirs nothing really for him at 205. if romero would have beat whittaker i would entertain romero vs dc at 205 but romero is coming off an L now.

Lost all respect I had for DC.. Jones gave him a 2nd shot at the belt even though their first fight wasn't even close but DC won't do the same for Gus when the majority of people thought Gus won?

sGpFwmv.gif

Back