Cormier/Lesnar almost happened

Weak UFC HW division + Gift wrapped title shot + 220 lbs, 44 year old rusty champion + Tied 1-1 with Mir + Turtling up while Carwin punched himself out

+Wrecked by the elites
+Terrified to get punched
+Spins around
+Steroid freak

Brock is not a fighter.

kermit6-21-2016-20160621064006391.jpg
Ahhhhhh, so Brock only beat Randy Couture because he's bigger. Got it. Funny that Randy's two previous wins had come against Gabriel Gonzaga (250+) and Tim Sylvia (265+), both of whom had significant size advantages over Randy.

You could gift wrap anybody a title shot; they still have to beat the champion, which Brock did.

1-1 against Mir... agreed we should hold Brock's first fight in the UFC against him. "C'mon... you can't beat a former UFC HW champion in your 2nd professional fight?! What a loser you are!"

I'm sure if a fighter you liked took a beating and came back to win you'd blow your load talking about his heart and how gritty he is, but because it's a fighter you don't like you say that he didn't win, it was the other fighter that lost.

Pretty much you've outed yourself as an irrational human being.

Ahhhhhh, so Brock only beat Randy Couture because he's bigger. Got it. Funny that Randy's two previous wins had come against Gabriel Gonzaga (250+) and Tim Sylvia (265+), both of whom had significant size advantages over Randy.

You could gift wrap anybody a title shot; they still have to beat the champion, which Brock did.

1-1 against Mir... agreed we should hold Brock's first fight in the UFC against him. "C'mon... you can't beat a former UFC HW champion in your 2nd professional fight?! What a loser you are!"

I'm sure if a fighter you liked took a beating and came back to win you'd blow your load talking about his heart and how gritty he is, but because it's a fighter you don't like you say that he didn't win, it was the other fighter that lost.

Pretty much you've outed yourself as an irrational human being.

Yeah pretty much. If Brock wasn't 80 lbs bigger he wouldn't have won. He was struggling to keep Randy on his back even with his significant size advantage. At one point he was put on his ass and against the fence.

The champion was 44 years old, 220 lbs and was rusty. Plus, the fact that you can beat the champion doesn't give you the right to fight the champion. If Brock worked his way up like every other contender he wouldn't have touched a belt, ever.

Well he lost, so he was a loser.

Not being irrational. I can't call a fighter someone who won a few fights due to his size massive size advantage (due to steroids) and who's absolutely terrified to get punched. Brock was a steroid freak show. That's it.

Brock is not a fighter.

I get what you're saying, but he did fight, so he's a fighter. Simple as that. I would say he's a bully though and not an authentic "tough guy," who can take a beating and keep fighting. Brock needed to be the bully in the yard. Once guys started hitting him back, he got far away from fighting pretty quickly. I don't know how much the diverticulitis played into it, but I imagine he would have left anyways after the Cain and Overeem asskickings.

Back