Corey Booker accused of sexual assault... with a twist

While it would be hilarious if this is true. I am not going to be a hypocrite. Let's see if there is any evidence to back this up before we metoo a sitting Senator.

The point is , yes let's see. Let's hold a hearing and let the guy recount what happened on national television

Oh thats why.

Those people are just racist. It's not like he carries himself like he's in the closet or politicians are often found out to lie about everything and be deviants in every which way.

Nope.

Anyone who suspected him of being gay just dislikes well spoken light skinned black guys.

Oh, he's suspect as fuck. I'm just talking about his base. Like that whole "is he black enough?" shit that people brought up with Obama.

I wonder if all those who cried about innocent until proven guilty will stick to that. Some ITT have to be fair but the hacks have also crawled out as well.
Well, we could need a good gay metoo scandal.
Because I am sure most people struggling to understand the concept of consent will have no problem understanding it when it is about a gay guy touching them.
Only one side has anything to learn from this, and that's the side that insisted "listen and believe" makes sense.

The political tomfoolery going on here is obvious, but for this lesson to take hold, it must be painful, and so I think one can argue that it's actually necessary for these guys on the right to disingenuously take this seriously...just so that leftists who entertained the circus around Blasey Ford comprehend how destructive feigned political outrage can be when it is rooted in a partisan motivation masquerading as a genuine concern for justice. The only way this could prove more instructive would be if Booker faced re-election this November.

Only then will you guys realize that, yes, sometimes it makes sense to tell these people to shut up and go away without squandering resources and media cycles on their politically fueled shenanigans.

But that movie deliverance sure typecast them as lovin them some sweet man ass

Did you really mean to type "sweet"?

the-best-of-the-skeptical-3rd-world-kid-meme.jpg

Only one side has anything to learn from this, and that's the side that insisted "listen and believe" makes sense.

The political tomfoolery going on here is obvious, but for this lesson to take hold, it must be painful, and so I think one can argue that it's actually necessary for these guys on the right to disingenuously take this seriously...just so that leftists who entertained the circus around Blasey Ford comprehend how destructive feigned political outrage can be when it is rooted in a partisan motivation masquerading as a genuine concern for justice. The only way this could prove more instructive would be if Booker faced re-election this November.

Only then will you guys realize that, yes, sometimes it makes sense to tell these people to shut up and go away without squandering resources and media cycles on their politically fueled shenanigans.
Difference between Ford and this guy is this guy hasn't come forward publicly.

That said I still stand by what I said before; these accusations should be taken seriously. If his story is at least plausible(in that key details can be verified) and other stories come out against Booker we should start to consider the possibility that he's responsible.

Of course, this should be taken seriously at first. After that look at who the accuser is and if the story holds any water.
If he would be the same kind of accuser as Ford was. I say we should listen to his story more.

Exactly the same as what my opinion was of the Ford allegations. At the end of the day, the Ford allegation didn't lead to anything I can consider Kavanagh innocent of those things.
Why would that change now that the accused is Corey Booker. Who I strongly dislike?
Just because I dislike Booker he should still go through the same sort of process Kavanagh did. Who I never heard of before.

Difference between Ford and this guy is this guy hasn't come forward publicly.

That said I still stand by what I said before; these accusations should be taken seriously. If his story is at least plausible(in that key details can be verified) and other stories come out against Booker we should start to consider the possibility that he's responsible.
Which is no meaningful difference given what she was able to forward to substantiate her claim: nothing. Furthermore, she was lionized by half the country as "courageous" for that act. She saw a plush GoFundMe account ran up on her behalf. She didn't sacrifice to undertake her testimony. Let's dismiss that nonsense fiction once and for all.

Also, assuming the position that we should wait until something "plausible" is offered to derail his political career isn't the new paradigm. Not a single "key detail" was verified that made Blasey Ford's accusation plausible, after all, or does the mere fact that she attended Kavanaugh's same high school (and that he drank beer) amount to plausibility in your estimation? I hope you can immediately identify how problematic operating with that presumption is. No, this account alone is supposed to be enough to be plausible. We are supposed to listen and believe, NOT listen then believe.

Well, I don't. I don't believe this. I wasn't born yesterday.

Who ever runs against him better use "Spartacus or just another asshole" in their campaign.

Also, assuming the position that we should wait until something "plausible" is offered to derail his political career isn't the new paradigm. Not a single "key detail" was verified that made Blasey Ford's accusation plausible, after all, or does the mere fact that she attended Kavanaugh's same high school (and that he drank beer) amount to plausibility in your estimation? I hope you can immediately identify how problematic operating with that presumption is. No, this account alone is supposed to be enough to be plausible. We are supposed to listen and believe, NOT listen then believe.

Believe what you want man.

Exclusive re-enactment from inside the home of Spartacus

5a69b5f9fb6cecaad0b7426fc2d92e10af9366a20f354ff809097cad39fa2c66.jpg

Which is no meaningful difference given what she was able to forward to substantiate her claim: nothing. Furthermore, she was lionized by half the country as "courageous" for that act. She saw a plush GoFundMe account ran up on her behalf. She didn't sacrifice to undertake her testimony. Let's dismiss that nonsense fiction once and for all.

But you don't think you have to take into account under what circumstances accusations come to light?
In Kavanaugh's case, he was up for a lifetime position on the highest court of the land. Which would give him significant powers of the rest of the people?
Under those circumstances, I think its warranted to look into allegations closer and take them more serious from the start.
Considering Kavanaugh put his name out there to be under review.
The same with Booker now. He is a representative of the people. So, in general, you should be looking into those kinds of situations more closely if they regard people that hold power over you.
And are willingly battling it out in the court of public opinion.

But you don't think you have to take into account under what circumstances accusations come to light?
In Kavanaugh's case, he was up for a lifetime position on the highest court of the land. Which would give him significant powers of the rest of the people?
Under those circumstances, I think its warranted to look into allegations closer and take them more serious from the start.
It's amazing how you glazed over the the context that Feinstein had that letter for months before it got "leaked" to the press.
Considering Kavanaugh put his name out there to be under review.
The same with Booker now. He is a representative of the people. So, in general, you should be looking into those kinds of situations more closely if they regard people that hold power over you.
And are willingly battling it out in the court of public opinion.
What about the context that this anonymous allegation comes on the heels of the witch hunt against Kavanaugh? You've now ignored the importance of that context, too. There's all sorts of context, here.

If an accusation lacks any credibility on face value, and clearly has no meaningful means to obtain greater objective credibility, then I don't see the point in wasting time on it. Either you have evidence or you don't. I'm not wasting time on revelation. Read The Age of Reason if you want to understand the unassailable wisdom of this position.

It's amazing how you glazed over the the context that Feinstein had that letter for months before it got "leaked" to the press.

What about the context that this anonymous allegation comes on the heels of the witch hunt against Kavanaugh? You've now ignored the importance of that context, too. There's all sorts of context, here.

If an accusation lacks any credibility on face value, and clearly has no meaningful means to obtain greater objective credibility, then I don't see the point in wasting time on it. Either you have evidence or you don't. I'm not wasting time on revelation. Read The Age of Reason if you want to understand the unassailable wisdom of this position.

That would be an issue Feinstein has to deal with. I certainly wouldn't vote for her if she kept that letter private and leaked it for political gain which she obviously did.
But that doesn't change my opinion of what is in the letter.

I am not ignoring the context with Booker. But I do not know who the accuser is here. Or were the stuff comes from. Its just a text in the OP.
If that's all it is then that would be the end of it. If the guy comes forward I can then consider if the allegations are to be taken more seriously. Or if he can back up his claims.

Same with the Kavanagh thing. Allegations were made. The witness seems like a credible witness. So let's hear her story.
She told her story but had nothing to back it up. Kavanagh told his version of it. I don't think he was lying about the sexual assault stuff. So I have to believe Kavanagh.
There was nothing in the way that would have prevented me from voting for him. But I would still be glad I had listened to the witness considering the position he is up for.

she did not attend his high school, nor did he hang out with girls from her school

@Trotsky

As I have been saying for over a year, Booker has no chance at being the Democratic nominee in 2020.

I doubt this catches fire, but if it did, I could see some hilarious, unintentionally homophobic excuses being made for it.
Come out and go free is so hot right now

she did not attend his high school, nor did he hang out with girls from her school
My bad. Yeah, they had a brother-sister school dynamic going on there that is similar to many other private schools around the country. I simply intended to convey that the sum of Blasey Ford's "plausbility" was that she knew Kavanaugh, and students from their two schools habitually partied together. Pure circumstance.

Back