Cord Cutters

I had Playstation Vue (absolutely hated my experience with it). Sling works good but was lacking certain sports channels, so now I have Youtube Tv and its pretty great. It has all the sports channels I need so I can watch College basketball/football, UFC, NFL, and occasionally NBA.

What are some great apps for Live TV? Best packages? Need sport channels especially soccer.

Have Amazon Fire TV Stick

Kodi

Then get someone who has DirecTV and will hook you up with their log in info

I still dont understand peoples need to cut cable. I pay about 90$ for 300 channels and internet. You start adding up the netflix'es and hulu's plus your ISP \and they end up being the same or more than cable and you have to use 4-5 different apps just to watch everything. I go to my TV and go to the recordings. Im good. Plus the need for DVR during UFC events or other sports is way to important for me.

I still dont understand peoples need to cut cable. I pay about 90$ for 300 channels and internet. You start adding up the netflix'es and hulu's plus your ISP \and they end up being the same or more than cable and you have to use 4-5 different apps just to watch everything. I go to my TV and go to the recordings. Im good. Plus the need for DVR during UFC events or other sports is way to important for me.

Who did you murder/threaten to get that price?

Who did you murder/threaten to get that price?
ATT Uverse in CA, they also gave me 2 $400 visa gift cards, no lie. It was a rediculous deal they have about every year but they offer the same with uverse internet and directv. Keep in mind I only have 12 Mbs speed but I use torrents/vpns that end up helping that speed.

Picks up everything man.

attachment.php

First of all do realize most people in the United States do not have access to a $90 offer like that. It sounds like a newer promotion that Im sure they are reacting to a competitor.

Second of all is your actual bill $90? After taxes and DVR fees? It's common for people to pay $20 a month in just fees and taxes. Add on another $20 a month when you start talking DVR boxes...etc.

I've used some apps on Roku to watch Live News. Other than that I haven't been watching live TV. I'm usually on Hulu, Netflix or Amazon Prime. I have a flat indoor antenna from my old house, but I can only catch 1 channel (CBS) with it. I still want to try and hook up an outdoor antenna to an existing old direct TV dish/mount at the back of my house. The wire is already hooked up to the house so technically it should work. I may try a better indoor antenna first though. Just haven't made it a priority. All I want is the basic channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC). Anything else would be a bonus.

I may consider giving Sling TV a shot, but it's mostly for my wife. I rarely watch TV and watching sports less and less over the past several years. I do miss UFC Fight Nights on FS1 and UFC on Fox though.

Not reliable for live tv. It's great for movies and shows.

Not really impressed with fire stick since I can do so much more over laptop. Might build small PC just for entertainment.

Any laggage on Sling TV?

Fire stick to me is just for a spare bedroom or your own bedroom. I would never use it for a main tv. I build a mini pc for that and it's worked great for over 4 years now. I just turn it off every 6 months blow out the dust and it's still running strong. Only cost me $160. I'm sure it can be built for cheaper now.

You can get a free 4k Apple TV with 4 Mom nuts prepaid directv now

First of all do realize most people in the United States do not have access to a $90 offer like that. It sounds like a newer promotion that Im sure they are reacting to a competitor.

Second of all is your actual bill $90? After taxes and DVR fees? It's common for people to pay $20 a month in just fees and taxes. Add on another $20 a month when you start talking DVR boxes...etc.
Free DVR and i think its like 105 total after everything. I only have one box too but they offer over 200 channels thru the uverse app that you can cast to any tv so you pretty much have a box wherever you go. Maybe its where im based but I see those deals all the time. Spectrum offers faster internet with less channels for about the same.

Lol my parents bill went up to $227. If I can just do internet and maybe Directv Now then they should be set. And nice thing about all of this, no contract.

You can get an HD kodi box on Amazon for around $50.

Currently running PS Vue Basic and Netflix. Kept internet and phone, but was still able to cut $125 off my old bill.

Free DVR and i think its like 105 total after everything. I only have one box too but they offer over 200 channels thru the uverse app that you can cast to any tv so you pretty much have a box wherever you go. Maybe its where im based but I see those deals all the time. Spectrum offers faster internet with less channels for about the same.

It's cheap though your internet package is pretty slow. I haven't seen any deals that cheap because the DVR and fees like Regional Sports Network Fee and other taxes add another $40 to your bill easily.

As of now Im a cord cutter as im still paying close to $40 less than what you are paying a month. Really I don't watch enough cable to justify the price but I get why people have it.

Back