Cord Cutters

mantis_fist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What are some great apps for Live TV? Best packages? Need sport channels especially soccer.

Have Amazon Fire TV Stick

The doctors didn't even give me the chance to cut my son's cord but I did cut my daughter's who was just born in September. Feels good man.

The doctors didn't even give me the chance to cut my son's cord but I did cut my daughter's who was just born in September. Feels good man.

Did Sports Center and House Hunters fall out after?

You have 3 options:
1) Sling TV (Starts at $19.99 a month w/ free 7 day trial)
2) Playstation Vue (has DVR features and works great on PS4, $30)
3) Youtube TV ($39.99 a month)

I haven't had any experience with YouTube TV, but Sling TV works great on Roku and Amazon devices.
It gives you the most amount of channels for the least amount.

I got directv now with AT&T service you get a good discount and free hbo for life but the no DVR sucks. They keep saying its coming but who knows. I don't see what the hold up is. I've tried the kode route but shit just to unreliable

Last edited:
You have 3 options:
1) Sling TV (Starts at $19.99 a month w/ free 7 day trial)
2) Playstation Vue (has DVR features and works great on PS4, $30)
3) Youtube TV ($39.99 a month)

I haven't had any experience with YouTube TV, but Sling TV works great on Roku and Amazon devices.
It gives you the most amount of channels for the least amount.

I have both right YTTV and Sling now. Will probably cancel YouTube TV because I only really had it for the World Series. But Sling is solid, has UFC and Boxing ppv's if that matters.

Roku, even if you only use the 100% legal shit, half the time there's more on, than shitty overpriced cable.

honestly find a reddit stream with a good live link or ace stream and enjoy. my house was built in 1920s so i get no reception for OTA stuff and i cut the cord a long time ago. i get no baseball stuff other then what's on my sirius radio, and i've found reddit to have every MLB, NFL and NBA game i want.

Not reliable for live tv. It's great for movies and shows.

Not really impressed with fire stick since I can do so much more over laptop. Might build small PC just for entertainment.

Any laggage on Sling TV?

honestly find a reddit stream with a good live link or ace stream and enjoy. my house was built in 1920s so i get no reception for OTA stuff and i cut the cord a long time ago. i get no baseball stuff other then what's on my sirius radio, and i've found reddit to have every MLB, NFL and NBA game i want.

My parents are looking to cut the cable too so this won't work for them lol. They're paying 225 for landline, cable tv and internet.

Not reliable for live tv. It's great for movies and shows.

Not really impressed with fire stick since I can do so much more over laptop. Might build small PC just for entertainment.

Any laggage on Sling TV?
I use it just fine with Vader Streams
<Fedor23>

If you just want to do 1080p video, you can dumpster dive just about anything from the past 6-7 years. I use an ancient low power dual core (G630T) and it handles 1080p media just fine.
If you want to go 4k, look at Intel's Kaby Lake lineup. The Pentiums and higher have hardware decoding support for 4k HEVC 10bit. You won't need a video card.
In my HTPC I use a Pentium G4560 and a GTX1050ti graphics card. It handles all the media I can throw at it. In almost every game I hit 60fps 1080p at med-high settings.

I had a lot of issues with SlingTV audio getting out of sync, but that was 6-8 months ago. It didn't matter if it was an app or their website.

Last edited:
I use it just fine with Vader Streams
<Fedor23>

If you just want to do 1080p video, you can dumpster dive just about anything from the past 6-7 years. I use an ancient low power dual core (G630T) and it handles 1080p media just fine.
If you want to go 4k, look at Intel's Kaby Lake lineup. The Pentiums and higher have hardware decoding support for 4k HEVC 10bit. You won't need a video card.
In my HTPC I use a Pentium G4560 and a GTX1050ti graphics card. It handles all the media I can throw at it. In almost every game I hit 60fp 1080p at med-high settings.

I had a lot of issues with SlingTV audio getting out of sync, but that was 6-8 months ago. It didn't matter if it was an app or their website.
In

They have link threads?

I have no cable but i just upgraded to gigabit internet

Can confirm that Sling works great. Also, if you have a computer or androidbox/firestick.. you will be set!

Back