Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by ProBoxingInsidr, Apr 15, 2018.

1. wonderbread

wonderbread Stiff Member

They were loitering...but because they are black they use the race card....blacks should be able to loiter...cause it's racist to tell them they can't.

Harry Flashman likes this.
  2. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Yellow Card Yellow Card

Actually, anyone well traveled knows how to prepare for such things. And it isn't like an airport doesn't have hotspots and charging areas.

I mean, unless you are a poor person traveling.. aka a vagabond or some train riding bum.

irish_thug and Broke Lester like this.
  3. Prime Rib

Prime Rib Au jus Belt. Double Yellow Card

Holy fucking shit bro................

4. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Depending on the area and him being a teenager, I'd believe it. Some malls starting banning unaccompanied teens from loitering to cut down on fights back in the late 80's/early 90s

5. USA!USA!

USA!USA! Black Belt

Say I travel somewhere for an entire week.. out of that week I am only in the airport for a couple hours lol

I guess you just know better than the billion dollar corporations that provide these services because they know consumers need/want them.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  6. NewS

NewS Blue Belt

It depends on the context though. Were they sitting for a long time? Was it crowded with people waiting for a table? If none of that applied, I agree with you, otherwise they were being kinda assholes...

7. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Yeah, can't really tell how long they were there from the story/video, but it doesn't look like it was crowded or busy.

Prime Rib and AnGrYcRoW like this.
  8. cottagecheesefan

Do you never go to an office, a hotel, or at least a place you are purchasing something from? Do you not go to lunch or dinner, or have a place to cook food, that has an outlet?

If you know you are gone for a week at a time, how are you so unprepared that you have to use the bathroom or outlet/wifi at a place you aren't even at for work or purchasing food?

9. machidafan99

machidafan99 Silver Belt

Starbucks is a den for liberals. Esp. white liberals. This is what they do.

10. USA!USA!

USA!USA! Black Belt

Yes - you were the one questioning why people go to places other than home/their car to use wifi and charge phones, not me lol

I usually buy something if I do, but I don't think it's that rare for people to do it and not buy something. Could just be waiting somewhere for 10-15 minutes and not want to order food, coffee etc.

11. AnGrYcRoW

AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

Derp

Bloody hell , these fucking guys lol

HomerThompson likes this.
  12. Bloody Pulp

Bloody Pulp Silver Belt

Honestly, I’m at a loss for how this has captured everyone’s attention so bigly. Assuming the worst case for Starbucks/best case for the dudes, it’s still just a racist Starbucks manager who should be fired.

Bald1 and Jackie Blue like this.
  13. AnGrYcRoW

AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

I don't call that racist , that is racist .

Just own it if that's what you believe , it's an anonymous forum after all .

Prime Rib likes this.
  14. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Self hating white liberals

15. Mark Hunts FIST

Mark Hunts FIST Black Belt

Right or wrong and I don't go to Starbucks I don't know how common it is to just hang out.
    If you're in establishment and you're not ordering and they asked you to order or leave. it is what it is.

So legally no problems......
    Now the question is did they call the police because they were black? We can speculate.

My thought is manager wanted them to leave (not arrested) and that's what they called the police. (I bet there is a starbucks policy) The police took the unnecessary step of arresting them. I blame the police for cuffing them if they could have just required them to leave.

16. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Probably because it's the polar opposite of the corporate image Starbucks tries to present.

salamander and Jackie Blue like this.
  17. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Thats sort of racist. Tell me what you know of the manager other than a couple of black guys got arrested in his place of employment.

----

You know, I saw a headline on this story after discussing this thread and it was something along the lines of "outrage as 2 black men arrested at starbucks" and I realized how scarily accurate that statement is. Still no confirmation on why they were removed but just the idea of 2 black guys getting arrested is considered eyebrow raising. Like there couldn't possibly be any legit reason for it.

18. Bloody Pulp

Bloody Pulp Silver Belt

Ok, but why do we care? Let’s say it is as you say, Its still just one manager, in one store, in one city, who may have gone against their “model” and asked someone to leave he shouldn’t have. National news and dozens of Sherpages?

19. cottagecheesefan

Now you are now saying you generally have a place to charge your phone and wifi, and if you have to go somewhere, you usually buy something? I mean, I would say you are pretty trashy if you make a habit of going any not purchasing something. Which brings me back to my original point.

Because, if you read the first few pages of the thread, people were acting like just hanging around to use wifi and bathrooms, without purchasing anything, is a normal practice of sorts. As if there are several people at a time in Starbucks just there to chill, without the purchase of something. Just because it is a business model of a "third space", I don't think they intend a free lounge.

So I don't know how you got to assuming I don't go out much or travel.

NewS likes this.
  20. Broke Lester

Broke Lester Purple Belt