Cop: "We only kill black people"

Voodoo_Child906

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/31/georgia-cop-who-said-only-kill-black-people-to-be-fired.html

So this lady who was stopped was really nervous when the cops approached and he reassured her that they only kill black people so she has nothing to worry about. LOL this genius forgot that his dash cam was on and he was being recorded and now he's getting fired.

So I know that the BLM movement has morphed into a big clusterfuck but this attitude that the cop is showing is what the original movement was based on. White privilege is innocuous at times but not in the case of police with guns. If I was black I'd be scared shitless of the cops.

He was clearly joking. Poor taste, and unprofessional, but let's not pretend for a second the guy was being serious.

Showed it on TV here. Said the guy was fired. That's some pretty expensive sarcasm. Seems excessive.

Just banter that the PC state can't take anymore.

This took longer than expected to show up on Sherdog. The woman's lawyer recognizes that the guy was just trying to be funny but it's a stupid fucking joke when you're the law enforcement officer and the climate is what it is.

haha just a prank bro

<puh-lease75>

probably was trying to make a joke (with all the fuss over this topic) but used poor judgement.

I have noticed police usually end up killing people that don't comply with police instructions. I get bored and watch a lot of combat/police shooting videos. Anyways, people who put their hands in their pockets while they have guns aimed on them in a felony stop, for example. In a felony stop you just have to stop doing anything, keep hands visible and follow instructions. Not much to it.

He was clearly joking. Poor taste, and unprofessional, but let's not pretend for a second the guy was being serious.

This took longer than expected to show up on Sherdog. The woman's lawyer recognizes that the guy was just trying to be funny but it's a stupid fucking joke when you're the law enforcement officer and the climate is what it is.

Didn't even need to watch the video to figure this much out. I simply heard about what happened and knew it was a joke because that's the kind of shit guys are going to joke about.

Didn't even need to watch the video to figure this much out. I simply heard about what happened and knew it was a joke because that's the kind of shit guys are going to joke about.

If he was totally serious, it would've interrupted the Hurricane Harvey coverage on the news.

Still pretty bad for a cop to even joke about that on a traffic stop, though.

It seems like it was kind of a joke and it was kind of what the cop was saying, calming her down to get her compliance. Unless this guy has a history of racism or everyone knows he's in the kkk and they just needed a reason to get rid of him, firing him is way too heavy handed.

Pretty expensive "joke" . . . still a very stupid thing to say.

It seems like it was kind of a joke and it was kind of what the cop was saying, calming her down to get her compliance. Unless this guy has a history of racism or everyone knows he's in the kkk and they just needed a reason to get rid of him, firing him is way too heavy handed.

Gonna disagree on that. As a Police Officer you do have to conduct yourself in a certain way. Joking about murder within the department to a civilian, regardless of the intent, is about as unprofessional as it gets.

He earned his walking papers.

Very inappropriate, not something to joke about with a nervous person that you've pulled over. There really is no defense for it, it's a shame for him to throw his career away for some a dumb comment. Here is the full quote:

"But you're not black," Abbott said to the driver. "Remember, we only shoot black people. Yeah. We only kill black people, right? All the videos you've seen, have you seen the black people get killed?"

A complete lack of awareness there. It sucks, and I feel for his family, but he really should not carry a badge.

Cops is a fool for saying that. Poor joke and he should be suspended without pay for a few weeks not fired.

I would have laughed if a cop told me that, he's simultaneously making fun of the political climate and trying to put her at ease. They don't fire cops when they actually do something wrong... but fire them when they make jokes the PC brigade doesn't like.

Back