Cool new BJJ forum just went live

TrainAllDay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
BJJCENTRAL.COM another place for sherbros to talk about grappling

Come join and be an OG member when it gets big.

Take your snake oil and sell it elsewhere

If you skip one j it's called ?.com

Last edited:
BJJCENTRAL.COM another place for sherbros to talk about grappling

Come join and be an OG member when it gets big.
Lol. I looked at it. There is nothing there and all 5 guys that post there are whitebelts.

Lol. I looked at it. There is nothing there and all 5 guys that post there are whitebelts.

So ... what you're saying is ... if, say, a purple belt were to sign up there ... he'd be like ... the king? I'll brb. I have to go do something real quick. Unrelated ...

Traditional forums like this and that new one are a dying breed. Reddit and forums with subforums along with social media have replaced specific hobby forums. I'm on several dying car forums (used to street race growing up) and they along with sherdog have all been dying a slow death for the last 10 years.

Best of luck but that BJJ Central forum won't see new years 2020 is my guess.

Traditional forums like this and that new one are a dying breed. Reddit and forums with subforums along with social media have replaced specific hobby forums. I'm on several dying car forums (used to street race growing up) and they along with sherdog have all been dying a slow death for the last 10 years.

Best of luck but that BJJ Central forum won't see new years 2020 is my guess.

so the mega "forum sites" with multiple forums are doing well but interest specific forums such as this and the ug not? Is it an issue of pure traffic?

so the mega "forum sites" with multiple forums are doing well but interest specific forums such as this and the ug not? Is it an issue of pure traffic?
I think so along with the rise of Social media replacing it. Part of what made forum/specific sites fun for me in the past were getting to meet people locally (car forums) and hanging out or learning techniques/sharing videos/stories about BJJ before Facebook. Now that FB is so popular most of those threads/discussions happen there with people I actually know/train with.

Vbulletin forums are a dying breed, sad for someone like me who grew up on them.

Vbulletin forums are a dying breed, sad for someone like me who grew up on them.

Very true, and very sad. All the VBulletin forums I used to go on every single day for so many years are gone :(

I think so along with the rise of Social media replacing it. Part of what made forum/specific sites fun for me in the past were getting to meet people locally (car forums) and hanging out or learning techniques/sharing videos/stories about BJJ before Facebook. Now that FB is so popular most of those threads/discussions happen there with people I actually know/train with.

I hate social media/reddit, but at least Sherdog is still going relatively strong. One of these days we'll finally have to say goodbye, but I don't think it's any time soon. There are tons of us guys who grew up on vbulletin forums and hate social media.

UG is shitting the bed right now, sad too because it used to be great

t least Sherdog is still going relatively strong. One of these days we'll finally have to say goodbye, but I don't think it's any time soon. There are tons of us guys who grew up on vbulletin forums and hate social media.

I find it consistently surprising how "alive" Sherdog is. Like a lot of folks in this thread, I have been a vBulletin guy for a good chunk of my adult life. Sadly, most of my favorites are either completely gone, or will be very shortly, but Sherdog still manages a surprising amount of traffic (comparatively speaking). I wonder what the difference is between Sherdog and all the other forums ...

Back