Cool idea for a grappling sport

Kim Jong Un

Absolute Boss
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an idea and wonder what you think. What if we made a style of of grappling, where its like wrestling, but you can get submissions, but only if the submission starts standing. So it would be like wrestling + standing chokes + flying armbar + wristlocks. Would it be cool?

I do this in my practices sometimes. Drilling feet to sub, or in situations where one guy can only do takedowns, one guy can only do subs from standing. Pretty fun

We do this in sambo sometimes, because my coach likes arm locks that start from standing and drag opponents down etc.

I'd be interested to see how people would train for it, because I could see it turning into a normal wrestling match but filled with counter guillotine chokes from misjudged take downs and stuff like that at first... of course it would develop overtime.

We do this in sambo sometimes, because my coach likes arm locks that start from standing and drag opponents down etc.

I'd be interested to see how people would train for it, because I could see it turning into a normal wrestling match but filled with counter guillotine chokes from misjudged take downs and stuff like that at first... of course it would develop overtime.
I'm kind of a noob when it comes to subs. What armlocks does he use to drag people down? That sounds really cool.

Isnt that called shootboxing? Is that still around?

yes it is, my friend commentated a show recently. I went to a show in 2001. Kickboxing plus standing subs.and throws....

that is why people like Rena and others do somewhat ok in MMA Rizin...they know some sub knowledge and throws etc

My frien....people been training takedowns plus 10 sec for many many years......

Also, why not look up Combat Wrestling on youtube I am coaching guys for that

Hey guys, I have an idea and wonder what you think. What if we made a style of of grappling, where its like wrestling, but you can get submissions, but only if the submission starts standing. So it would be like wrestling + standing chokes + flying armbar + wristlocks. Would it be cool?
Why you kill your brother doe?

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to subs. What armlocks does he use to drag people down? That sounds really cool.

This'll be a little hard to explain because I'm not a super experienced grappler myself, but in sambo it's not strange to see someone catch an arm and straighten it out military style and use the momentum of the turn to drag you to the floor, and usually the person engaging the arm lock will drop to one knee so that they can stay lower and continue to stretch out the arm.

It sounds long but it usually gets done in a split second. It's not the sort of thing you generally see in grappling arts such as BJJ, but it's good to catch people off guard.

Back