Contracts with UFC and fighters

gunsblazingmode

Belt with 50 shades of grey
@Orange
Reaction score
Boxers get a lot of money,because they are not under labor law, but a civil law.
Its easy math, me myself as a lawyer will get same amount of money from just one client as i would work whole month for a company as an employe,any profession is same way.
So UFC uses term employe to pay them less money,and how in the fuck US government allows it till this day?
Not to mention shitty terms,which UFC contracts has.

3B32A7AC00000578-0-image-m-51_1481715350719.jpg

I'm just a small town pizza lawyer, but I'm thinking UFC contracts are slightly in favor of the company as opposed to the fighters.

Every single fighter is free to not sign with the UFC and go to another promotion. OR they can promote and produce their own shows. What the hell is everyone's issue with how the UFC does business?

When sports super agent Jeff Borris was trying to get that fighters union going a couple years ago he said the UFCs contracts are illegal and would never hold up in court

If you are a lawyer, you can open your own practice and be resonpsible for marketing yourself and bringing in clients, and then recieve all the revenue, but pay your own expenses, and work for yourself. OR you can work for a Firm that helps bring in clients through reputation and marketing dollars, recieves the revenue, pays the expenses and pays you a salary and bonus.

Are there internet forums bitching and moaning about Law Firms not paying Lawyers enough? The UFC operates like a business. Get over it.

Boxers get a lot of money,because they are not under labor law, but a civil law.
Its easy math, me myself as a lawyer will get same amount of money from just one client as i would work whole month for a company as an employe,any profession is same way.
So UFC uses term employe to pay them less money,and how in the fuck US government allows it till this day?

No they don't
They use 'Independent Contractors"

I'm also having a hard time believing you are an actual Lawyer with knowledge since you don't know how to spell "employee"

Every single fighter is free to not sign with the UFC and go to another promotion. OR they can promote and produce their own shows. What the hell is everyone's issue with how the UFC does business?

well, TS is so far behind on this topic that he doesn't even know how remedial his questions are.

but your point is correct. UFC contracts prohibit MMA fighters from working with other promotions. a fighter could choose not to work with the UFC promotion.

now to expand on that a bit:

1. the boxing Ali Act would prohibit this, but as of yet the Ali Act does not extend to the UFC.

2. the UFC has always been a different model (one promotion, fighters are a stable of independent contractors, not employees) than boxing (many promoters, each fighting for the interest of their stable of fighters, willing to work with each other if the money is right, and taking a big % off the top).

i predict that once the TS learns a bit more he's going to pretend that his question was really "why doesn't the Ali Act extend to the UFC?". the answer to that is a) MMA wasn't on the radar - not really - when it was passed, b) politics, and c) no one has taken it to court yet to find out whether the courts will expand it beyond what Congress originally intended.

When sports super agent Jeff Borris was trying to get that fighters union going a couple years ago he said the UFCs contracts are illegal and would never hold up in court

Until WWE has to clasify IC's as employees, UFC is safe.
WWE controls everything once a person signs

But the most telling point about Borris trying to form a union was:
He invited every MMA fighter to attend an open meeting & ony ONE (yes ONE) showed up
Leslie Smith

No they don't
They use 'Independent Contractors"

I'm also having a hard time believing you are an actual Lawyer with knowledge since you don't know how to spell "employee"
I am in fact, but not from english speaking country. I heard about Ali act, could u tell me specifically what it should allow UFC fighters to do? And yes its been used many times, term employe from ufc fighters and managment

I am in fact, but not from english speaking country. I heard about Ali act, could u tell me specifically what it should allow UFC fighters to do? And yes its been used many times, term employe from ufc fighters and managment

That is 100% incorrect

I am in fact, but not from english speaking country. I heard about Ali act, could u tell me specifically what it should allow UFC fighters to do an why if they ar
it does a lot of things, including protect the fighter from long term contracts. that's vague on purpose.

and according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_Boxing_Reform_Act,

In May 2016, a bill was introduced to Congress by Markwayne Mullin, a politician and former mixed martial artist, to extend the Ali Act to mixed martial arts.[5]

In english it may be called
contract tending to create involuntary servitude if i am correct and law shouldnt care if ufc uses word independent contractors if contract itself has such a shitty terms.

By the way, most lawyers would know to put a space after a comma. They'd also know that "It's" has an apostrophe, since "It is easy math" (in your opinion). Don't even get me started on "till" replacing "until" or "UFC contracts has" and other generally non-lawyer like grammatical errors in your post.

"Me myself as a lawyer". Hahahahaha!

You write like a lawyer. Undecipherable.

By the way, most lawyers would know to put a space after a comma. They'd also know that "It's" has an apostrophe, since "It is easy math" (in your opinion). Don't even get me started on "till" replacing "until" or "UFC contracts has" and other generally non-lawyer like grammatical errors in your post.

"Me myself as a lawyer". Hahahahaha!
Ahahahha, whats funny its true and u stupid fuck trying to show ur grammar skills when has nothing to do with the subject of discussion. I am not from english speaking country, and i have to speak 3 languages so sorry for my third language which i cant even practice on daily basis. My point is, there is a contract terms, which shouldnt be allowed by a government since it has many precedents of fighters being fucked over by it in many ways

Ahahahha, whats funny its true and u stupid fuck trying to show ur grammar skills when has nothing to do with the subject of discussion. I am not from english speaking country, and i have to speak 3 languages so sorry for my third language which i cant even practice on daily basis. My point is, there is a contract terms, which shouldnt be allowed by a government since it has many precedents of fighters being fucked over by it in many ways
tenor.gif

Back