contender series building lights blacked out

Nice allusion. Now here's the million dollar question: were you watching when Scott Morris was still an active UFC fighter?

I watched him get his face pummeled in to jelly live on PPV as a little kid.

Also saw Tyson bite Holyfield's ear off, the Fan Man, The Malice at the Palace, and all sorts of other great shit live as well.

Did nobody watch the ACB card in Brazil then...

every fucking 2 minutes the lights were going out.. they had to turn the air con off cos it was tripping the lights out, so it was like 50c in the arena and still teh lights kept goig out every 2 minutes

I even posted a picture of it in the PBP thread and you couldn't swipe it and post it in here? Sheesh.

DiWX1N3WAAEvdJE.jpg

Herb called a pause to the fight, had them each navigate to neutral corners and ordered no coaching. It was about 90 seconds/2 minutes left of the third round, and when the power came back on a few minutes later, they restarted the fight and both guys came out swinging with recharged batteries.

One time @Gogoplatypus and I were watching Struve fight, I think it was in Amsterdam. We might have been chewing on some mushrooms for the PPV.

The lights went out between rounds, and I misheard his explanation and thought Stefan’s head had grazed the light fixtures

Wish I could remember the exact words that were mixed up

Where is a blind kung fu master when you need him...

Yeah well that’s what happens when you operate your organization from a motor home generator

Last edited:
Protect yourself at all time. Did the ref stop the fight?

What do you suppose seeing that as kids did to us?

Made me into a little hardass.

Me and my brother would "practice UFC" by moving all the furniture out if the living room and having NHB style fights complete with hair pulling, fish hooking, and headbutts.

Sometimes my Dad would ref or we would put on boxing gloves and fight.

No one ever got seriously injured and I was at a huge competitive advantage when I started wrestling, BJJ, and muay thai.

Back