Console Prices by Inflation [pic]

Michaelangelo

That doesn't work for me, brother
Platinum Member
Reaction score
11r5bit.jpg

NES wasn't cheap by any means... never realized it as a kid...

NES wasn't cheap by any means... never realized it as a kid...
Don't feel bad, from what I can see on various gaming forums most adults don't understand inflation either.
Only possible reason people could bitch about games possibly costing $70 because "they've been 60 since the mid-80s" as if the price of anything else has remained constant over that period, and $60 in 1987 dollars isn't almost $130 in 2017.

Man I miss coming home from school and playing my ps1

Don't feel bad, from what I can see on various gaming forums most adults don't understand inflation either.
Only possible reason people could bitch about games possibly costing $70 because "they've been 60 since the mid-80s" as if the price of anything else has remained constant over that period, and $60 in 1987 dollars isn't almost $130 in 2017.
They used to be 50 I believe in the Super Nintendo days, though there were plenty that came out at different prices. PS1 games actually came out at 40 with Saturn and N64 both costing more. PS2 were 50 and then 60 for this last generation. All us prices of course. So yeah game prices really haven't kept up with inflation

I was actually thinking about this a few days. When I was a kid I remember the games being the expensive thing, not the consoles. Then again I'm pretty sure a cartridge costs a lot more than a CD to produce, so that's probably why we never say a commensurate increase in price.

Back