Consider the greatness of Roy Jones Jr.

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
In the scope of his career in various weight class championships he could have fought today's stars:
Canelo Alvarez
Gennady Golovkin
Andrae Ward
Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Dmitry Bivol
Artur Beterbiev
Oleksandr Usyk
and even Deontay Wilder

In the scope of his career in various weight class championships he could have fought today's stars:
Canelo Alvarez
Gennady Golovkin
Andrae Ward
Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Dmitry Bivol
Artur Beterbiev
Oleksandr Usyk
and even Deontay Wilder

RJJ and Toney were absolute badasses. But in all fairness, they didn’t experience the time of advanced drug testing and were protected HBO stars...

Are you saying rjj was using steroids?

He and Richard Hall had a their bout overruled to a NC. Ripped Fuel had its headline with him and Roy.

That was a one time thing.... I do know Barry Bonds was a steroid head. However American Sports writers and avid baseball fans still rate him an ATG...

Judge yourself

Just looked it up, seems he might have been using. That will really effect how I rate him personally.

i don’t think there’s a fighter from 160-175 in history that beats rjj in his prime. the guy with the best chance is hagler who would never fold to his offense but i think he loses on points.

Canelo Alvarez
Gennady Golovkin
Andrae Ward
Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Dmitry Bivol
Artur Beterbiev
Oleksandr Usyk
and even Deontay Wilder
Prime Roy would school them all.

Just looked it up, seems he might have been using. That will really effect how I rate him personally.

Perhaps. A lot of stuff is swept under the rug. Happens in the big leagues in politics especially. We just don’t hear about them.

Prime Roy would school them all.

This.

I don't even know why people question what would happen if prime RJJ fantasy fought this generation, past generations, etc... he was once in a lifetime amazing.

i don’t think there’s a fighter from 160-175 in history that beats rjj in his prime. the guy with the best chance is hagler who would never fold to his offense but i think he loses on points.

It makes you wonder why there aren't more boxers like RJJ.

man it mustve been a trip for old boxing fans to see boxing evolve from 1900 on , then Roy comes along just defies everything, stands in a crouch with his left dangling below his waist right hand at his chin doesnt use a jab just fires multiple power punches leaps in with uppercuts, quadruple left hooks triple crosses and is still able to dominate barely lose a round just amazing

It makes you wonder why there aren't more boxers like RJJ.
they’re all playing football and basketball.

roy’s a legit freak athlete & a mental sponge who likely could have been a star WR/RB in the NFL or PG/SG in the NBA if those were his sport of choice. he is without a doubt the most athletic boxer ever seen since fights started being taped. mayweather/tyson are freak athletes as well but not to the degree of roy, imo.

man it mustve been a trip for old boxing fans to see boxing evolve from 1900 on , then Roy comes along just defies everything, stands in a crouch with his left dangling below his waist right hand at his chin doesnt use a jab just fires multiple power punches leaps in with uppercuts, quadruple left hooks triple crosses and is still able to dominate barely lose a round just amazing
his ability to leap away from punches, sidestep, and move his head were ridiculous. some of the best legs in the history of the sport. ur lucky to land 20% of ur punches with him standing against the turnbuckle the whole fight

how does prime Roy vs. prime Evander at cruiserweight go?

<{jackyeah}>

they’re all playing football and basketball.

roy’s a legit freak athlete & a mental sponge who likely could have been a star WR/RB in the NFL or PG/SG in the NBA if those were his sport of choice. he is without a doubt the most athletic boxer ever seen since fights started being taped. mayweather/tyson are freak athletes as well but not to the degree of roy, imo.
I don't think there are any RJJs in NFL or NBA, it's not just a talent pool thing with that guy. Toney was an extremely highly touted football prospect who was an even better boxer, and Roy made him look like a complete 2 classes below. Roy was clowning other freaks who were full of boxer grit and well schooled to boot. In my eyes he should have been bigger than Jordan. Boxing fans literally have Roy beating everyone in history.

Interesting how many discredit advanced drug testing but then cry about cheats in the game...

A Roy in the era of advanced drug, to be fair, might not have been the same. Testing out 45-60 days out for major title fights is post 2000’s. That wasn’t even around back then...

Bob Arum didn’t allow Pac to do advanced drug testing for the initial Floyd “negotiations.” it’s all well documented in boxing drama.

Interesting how many discredit advanced drug testing but then cry about cheats in the game...

A Roy in the era of advanced drug, to be fair, might not have been the same. Testing out 45-60 days out for major title fights is post 2000’s. That wasn’t even around back then...

Bob Arum didn’t allow Pac to do advanced drug testing for the initial Floyd “negotiations.” it’s all well documented in boxing drama.
dude who gives a fuck

How are people saying he is the greatest ever no questions asked if he was using steroids?..

Back