Consensus on knee wraps

There's a lot of stupid arguments happening lately. Does it hurt when you do x? Don't do it or find a way that doesn't hurt. Does y allow you to do x? Great. Do that.

I have knee pain from time to time. No diagnosed problem. It just hurts. Wrapping it let me squat without pain. My knee sleeves let me squat without pain. It's that simple for me. If squats no matter how I did them caused me pain, I would find a variant that doesnt.

No study, no guru, no Internet wizard is going to convince me that I'm somehow shorting myself by using the least invasive tool I can to reduce joint pain. Since buying the rehbands my knee squatting and in day to day life has felt fantastic (and I only wear them during leg heavy workouts)

That's it. Does it hurt? Don't do it. Does it prevent pain? Might be a good idea. How hard is that? What pedantic bullshit point are we all trying to make here?! Who the fuck cares about Internet diagnosis of anything? This is a forum of free advice. And the best advice anyone can give you (for free) that you should believe is do shit that doesn't hurt.

Tight knee sleeves take away the pain so idc if it's cheating.

There's a lot of stupid arguments happening lately. Does it hurt when you do x? Don't do it or find a way that doesn't hurt. Does y allow you to do x? Great. Do that.

I have knee pain from time to time. No diagnosed problem. It just hurts. Wrapping it let me squat without pain. My knee sleeves let me squat without pain. It's that simple for me. If squats no matter how I did them caused me pain, I would find a variant that doesnt.

No study, no guru, no Internet wizard is going to convince me that I'm somehow shorting myself by using the least invasive tool I can to reduce joint pain. Since buying the rehbands my knee squatting and in day to day life has felt fantastic (and I only wear them during leg heavy workouts)

That's it. Does it hurt? Don't do it. Does it prevent pain? Might be a good idea. How hard is that? What pedantic bullshit point are we all trying to make here?! Who the fuck cares about Internet diagnosis of anything? This is a forum of free advice. And the best advice anyone can give you (for free) that you should believe is do shit that doesn't hurt.

Fuckin' A.

I used to play catcher in High School and a little bit afterwards. I also strained my knee in wrestling back then too.

I'm in my mid 40's now and really have been focusing on basic lifts for the last year and it's worked well.

My only issue is that I can't go past parallel with squats, even with lighter weight, like 225. I can get fairly close, but if I do a few reps past paralell, my knee flares up very quickly and I have to stop completely. If I stay just above though, I get a pretty good workout in... so I don't go past horizontal.

Part of me wants to embrace the fact that I'm older and just won't be able to do full squats anymore, but it's killing me that I can't without pain. I know I'm missing an important part of the lift by not going all the way down.

I've recently thought about getting sleeves to see if helps. However there's so much conflicting info around I wasn't sure if I should try them.

So, I wanted to say that reading this has convinced me to give it a shot. If it works, great, if not, then I'll stick with what I'm doing.

Theres this strange thinking (caused from the internet imo) that there is only one right answer for every question, and people would rather internet search than figure it out for themselves in the gym.

So, I wanted to say that reading this has convinced me to give it a shot. If it works, great, if not, then I'll stick with what I'm doing.
great! I hope they help!

Theres this strange thinking (caused from the internet imo) that there is only one right answer for every question, and people would rather internet search than figure it out for themselves in the gym.
It's not just the Internet itself. I mean we have access to more information and anecdotal "evidence" than ever before, and yet by human nature we weight one star reviews heavier than anything else. Couple this wil bell curves and no one size fits all fitness reality and you have a fucking mess. The good news is there are most correct answers to start with: proven methods that work for.most people. Those are what many think of as the only way and the right answer. But when they don't work, there are so many other accessible options now.

Knowing nothing about the topic, I recently bought wraps and used them for the first time last night.

It's the first time I've squatted and not been in pain the next day and I went pretty heavy.

I've had knee sleeves and used them religiously and while they've helped I don't think the compression was great enough. Also being a giant, knee sleeves are generally ill fitting, too tight on the thigh, not enough on the knee.

Wraps let me ensure decent pressure throughout. For me it's a total win and the way of the future for now. I can Squat without fear for tomorrow!

The advise on contracting the quad pre wrapping was well received, thanks.

Very very very happy.

So wrapping outside the purposes of powerlifter going for a total is bad, sleeves are helpful for joints?

So wrapping outside the purposes of powerlifter going for a total is bad, sleeves are helpful for joints?
Sleeves keep your knee warm. And I think that's a very good thing.

If you're an athlete and not a competing powerlifter, I wouldn't do knee wraps. Because over the long term, you're detraining your knee. And all that high compression from a wrap would definitely pushing that patella into the knee joint which could cause friction in the joint.

Knee wraps? I heard those things make your dick fly off.

Back