Conor's worst moments against Mendes

Conor is too big for a rematch now but I have zero doubt Mendes would have finished Conor late with a full camp. Gravy takedowns and helpless Conor was begging for stand ups. Had Mendes declined, Conor may never be where he is today.

It’s brought up in literally every discussion about this fight.

And sorry, I don’t think Mendes gasses in one round on the first day of camp, let alone after two weeks of training. He gasssed because Conor forced him to.

Yup. Just like how Nate forced Conor to gas out in the 2nd round of their fight.

Right il explain again fo
They are pro fighters
Every single week theyl go 1 to 3 rounds back to back hard
To add to that medes roids

Funny i recall him going 5 rounds in the sequel with nate just fine
So you think Peds give you superpowers? Wow. Ever heard of Overeem, Lombard etc.? I seem to recall them struggling with cardio once or twice.

So Conor managed to go five rounds once. He didn't do it "just fine" though. That's why he was so proud of himself getting a second wind in the fourth after struggling hard before that. Plus he was training for over three months for that fight. Hell, the whole UFC 200 fiasco was due to Conor wanting to skip media because he wanted to train more.

This just highlights how crucial a methodical preparation is, especially for cardio. Conor needed it to be able to go 5 rounds. Most fighters do.

Yet you are expecting Mendes to do it without it. That is illogical. Peds don't make up for a lack of preparation.

Fighters who can go 5 or even 3 rounds without a problem cardiowise and without a real camp are extremely rare and certainly not the norm.

A lack of preparation will always have a huge effect on a fighters performance, roids or not. Denying that is either ignorance or a massive lack of understanding of the sport.

*TKOed and it was an early stoppage (not to say that a stoppage wasn't coming).

Same difference, and no, it wasn't an early stoppage. He got knocked on his ass and curled up into a fetal position which is always a sign that a fighter is pretty much done for.

that was a gifted fight
mendes was paid to get out of his bed and fight someone

So you think Peds give you superpowers? Wow. Ever heard of Overeem, Lombard etc.? I seem to recall them struggling with cardio once or twice.

So Conor managed to go five rounds once. He didn't do it "just fine" though. That's why he was so proud of himself getting a second wind in the fourth after struggling hard before that. Plus he was training for over three months for that fight. Hell, the whole UFC 200 fiasco was due to Conor wanting to skip media because he wanted to train more.

This just highlights how crucial a methodical preparation is, especially for cardio. Conor needed it to be able to go 5 rounds. Most fighters do.

Yet you are expecting Mendes to do it without it. That is illogical. Peds don't make up for a lack of preparation.

Fighters who can go 5 or even 3 rounds without a problem cardiowise and without a real camp are extremely rare and certainly not the norm.

A lack of preparation will always have a huge effect on a fighters performance, roids or not. Denying that is either ignorance or a massive lack of understanding of the sport.
He survived 5 grueling rounds at a high pace ..did tire midway but came back strong ,same as most pros would

Lol nice try
I quite clearly didnt say most pros could co 3-5 rounds with 0 prep ! i said 1-3 (ie what most pros will do once a week anyway to stay sharp) which was what the fight lasted.

Had the fight gone 3 or more we could talk about a pity mendes dididnt get to prep to last for them but he was clearly tired after 1 round and kod by 2
We can talk preparing for an opp but neither man had time to tweak gameplans for the other

It’s brought up in literally every discussion about this fight.

And sorry, I don’t think Mendes gasses in one round on the first day of camp, let alone after two weeks of training. He gasssed because Conor forced him to.
This
Hes a pro fighter hed have a good 2-3 rounds in him any given day if the week (unless he becomes a total slob outside of training camps which is rare among any pro fighter ...ricky hatton being the only recent example i can think of)
And we know mendes was prepping for a tough mudder race at time so he wasnt tossing hotdogs etc into himself

He survived 5 grueling rounds at a high pace ..did tire midway but came back strong ,same as most pros would

Lol nice try
I quite clearly didnt say most pros could co 3-5 rounds with 0 prep ! i said 1-3 (ie what most pros will do once a week anyway to stay sharp) which was what the fight lasted.

Had the fight gone 3 or more we could talk about a pity mendes dididnt get to prep to last for them but he was clearly tired after 1 round and kod by 2
We can talk preparing for an opp but neither man had time to tweak gameplans for the other
So you still want to deny that a full preparation would have made no difference? Seriously?

I mean Mendes took body shots obviously. But a fighter in peak shape will take them much better. Your gas tank can be drained much faster by a hard pace and body shots if it was never filled properly due to a lack of preparation.

Conditioning and endurance allow you to take more punishment as evidenced by cardio freaks such as the Diaz brothers, Edgar, Ferguson etc. He was not out of shape by regular people standards. But he definitely was not in shape for a high paced fight and punishment. That is simply a fact. You cannot deny that. It's a logical consequence of not having had a full preparation.

Mendes went to war for five rounds with Aldo. No cardio issues. That is what he looks like in peak shape.

Conor gassed hard in the first Nate fight in two rounds despite a full camp. It concerned him so much that he completely changed his training for the rematch. Cardio was the number 1 reason him and his fans argued to be the reason for his loss.

Just because Mendes gassed faster than you would expect him to does not make his lack of preparation irrelevant.

Preparation matters all the time. Conor knows it and he himself proved how much it can make a difference. And you should accept it.

So, I am done with this now. If you still can't accept it don't bother to reply, unless you feel the urge of getting the last word. I am out.

Chad landed some bombs

Just wasn't big enough or fit enough to beat conor

So you still want to deny that a full preparation would have made no difference? Seriously?

I mean Mendes took body shots obviously. But a fighter in peak shape will take them much better. Your gas tank can be drained much faster by a hard pace and body shots if it was never filled properly due to a lack of preparation.

Conditioning and endurance allow you to take more punishment as evidenced by cardio freaks such as the Diaz brothers, Edgar, Ferguson etc. He was not out of shape by regular people standards. But he definitely was not in shape for a high paced fight and punishment. That is simply a fact. You cannot deny that. It's a logical consequence of not having had a full preparation.

Mendes went to war for five rounds with Aldo. No cardio issues. That is what he looks like in peak shape.

Conor gassed hard in the first Nate fight in two rounds despite a full camp. It concerned him so much that he completely changed his training for the rematch. Cardio was the number 1 reason him and his fans argued to be the reason for his loss.

Just because Mendes gassed faster than you would expect him to does not make his lack of preparation irrelevant.

Preparation matters all the time. Conor knows it and he himself proved how much it can make a difference. And you should accept it.

So, I am done with this now. If you still can't accept it don't bother to reply, unless you feel the urge of getting the last word. I am out.
Pro fighters cant go hard for one round ?ok gotcha
Your a conor hater forced to admit the body shots had an effect but cant accept most pro fighters can fight for a round or so any given day of the week

The bottom line is he was a known roider vs an injured fighter and still lost ,not in the champ rounds that a camp is needed for but within 1 round he was done out!

gouge.jpg

That Mendes eye gouge

Back