Conor's trashtalk : Aldo era vs Khabib era

Night and day imo, last night was like a shit McGregor tribute act.

Vs Aldo was along the lines of prime Pacino in the Godfather last night was Pacino doing shite cameos in shite Adam Sandler movies.

that stuff is funny to you?
Yeah because I actually have a genuine sense of humor and am not blinded by hate cough cough cough

Then give me examples of better/funnier lines from other fighters. GO

It was the same old Conor

Go back and compare. Don't just go off memory. Nostalgia is blinding you

The only difference was no crowd and Conor being drunk (hence "delivery" was not as sharp)

Other then that it was the same old Conor

I personally didn't like that Conor took shots of whiskey btw. That's the only thing I didn't like

If anything it seems like Conor opted for a more ruthless psych warfare game

Conor incorporated a little more comedy for Aldo

However if you go back and watch Conor for the Alvarez fight, Conor was more personal and ruthless with Alvarez, then Aldo too. "Khabib era Conor" is simply the same Conor from UFC 205

Also people forget that "who Da fook is dat guy" happened because of a fan question

The UFC not letting fans in was fucking stupid and made Conor seem like he was off when the reality is it was the same old Conor as always.

Ok, do you think that yesterday Conor would have come up with the "Nate can only count to five" line?

There was playfullness in Conor's act before, but now it seems much more serious.

And yes, I do agree that the trashtalk got very serious, though.

Khabib was visibly shook. You could literally see it with your own two eyes. And you could hear it by the way he was rephrasing his questions to Conor over and over. Khabib had literally nothing to offer, and he let Conor walk all over him.

There's no doubt that the presser made Khabib hate Conor, which was Conor's masterplan from the get go.
Pretty sure he hated Mcnugget along time ago.

Yeah because I actually have a genuine sense of humor and am not blinded by hate cough cough cough

Then give me examples of better/funnier lines from other fighters. GO
Let me ask you this what is conor fan base demographic, because it seems to me only that only cert-en type of people find this funny

Last edited:
It was the same old Conor

Go back and compare. Don't just go off memory. Nostalgia is blinding you

Nah man, I am not nostalgic.

I have always found Conor to be an excellent fighter but that's it.

I only started to follow the outside the cage stuff recently so I am comparing things with my "today's eyes".

"He may very well"

LOL

NO he WILL

Name one time when Conor has ever come out for a fight emotional?

Conor ALWAYS comes out emotionless and in control for all his fights when its time to actually fight

I swear, it's like you haters don't even watch his fights. So dlusional that it's just much boggling at this point

He he definitely was always in control yesterday. You would know that if you actually listened to what Conor has said about promotion in the past

I just gave you a rundown. Why are you ignoring it?

The fact Conor could go back to answering questions as calmly and logically as he did proves that

"On and off switch"

You are either not capable of properly reading things or you are only seeing what you want to see

Keep in mind Conor tried to throw a chair at Alvarez lol

Again it's like you people have never watched Conor before

But I took the time to try to explain it to you and educate you..so if you choose to ignore it, it's on you

The only one who was losing control of their emotions is Khabib

You know why? Because it was acting uncharacteristically. Where as Conor was acting how he always acts

lol_idi_amin.gif

Turns up drunk, drinking probably that whole bottle of whiskey.
Nah Lost respect for this- the man is drinking heavily during training camp. wtf
He was breathing heavily seemed out of breath w t f
The reason why khabib didnt appear to be breathing is his cardio vascular system is amazingly good all those years training at high altitude.
I wonder if all those years training at high altitude makes much much more efficient and faster recovery from taking shots, the brain clears faster. I think so it must do. So to put Khabib out it is going to take combinations follow ups but when he gets hit it clears faster and he then covers up to prevent taking the further shots.
Wonder if Khavanagh realises this about Khabib far superior cardio vascular cerebral communications oxygen supply needing less o2 and more efficient to crash this you have to land many shots as it clears so fast, Khabib hasnt been really wobbled as it clears so fast he got his wits back fast after being hit by Johnson.

Agreed. He showed flashes of his old, thoughtful self (such as when he calmed down for a split second to talk about learning from the Mayweather experience). But it was vastly overshadowed by his unrestrained brashness - which was to the point of being obnoxious.

This is Conor in better form:

He needs to get back to being predominantly this guy, with a touch of the other guy that's now dominating his persona.

I agree with some of that. But take into consideration Conor is a cocky person - which I think we all know. The whole going from ape shit at the press conferences to looking calm and relaxed walking out to the cage is some what an ability (if that's the right word) in itself that I think a lot of fighter's struggle with and it's something Conor has talked about a lot in depth about.

I think Conor is one of the more interesting interviews when he's not in 'fight mode' and gives an interesting perspective on his outlook of how he approaches fights. Nurmagomedov has been talking shit about Conor for a while now and while there was some back and forth on social media, last night was the 1st public interaction they had to tell each other how and why they're going to lose, etc. Again, maybe Conor has to feel like he owns the stage up there, yet from listening to one of his interviews, he also talked about how big of jump it is from fighting someone else to fighting him - media obligations, interest in the fight, the pressure that his opponent will get from members of his team to beat him and the added stress during fight week when the media gets hectic while the fighter's are cutting weight.

My thought is he let's loose on his opponent at the press conference and then he brings himself down to chilled out mode. He has no ties with fighters/gyms in the States so I doubt he cares about being cautious about what he says. I thought he made an interesting point when he said he doesn't have to fight anymore and Nurmagomedov claimed he was doing it for the money. It goes back to why people get into MMA at a high level - for the love of the sport - you're not making much money fighting in front of 100 people in a tiny hall.

Nurmagomedov is not a draw. He's what a lot of people say is a bad match up style wise. He's talked at length how Conor would never fight him. Now it's 3 weeks away he can't really say anything in that respect as the fight is happening and I thought that was funny when Nurmagomedov said he was fighting for his legacy - yet, in his opinion, Conor is an easy match up for him - which sort of contradicts the whole legacy talk.

He stole aldos belt

He gave Khabib a plastic glass of whisky

I'm not sure what people expect tbh. When he first started he needed to make a name for himself - for that reason you try harder and you've got more enthusiasm. After years of doing it would be tiresome and he doesn't need to put an effort it.

If I was him I'd be pissed off too as his opponents never put in the same effort and most of the time give him absolutely nothing to work with. They just sit there like mutes.

Conor not wanting another world tour fiasco is perfectly understandable. No fighter has put in the same work as him in media. But when it comes to his opponents talking, he does tend to just talk or yell over them even during simple questions.

Khabib was visibly shook. You could literally see it with your own two eyes. And you could hear it by the way he was rephrasing his questions to Conor over and over. Khabib had literally nothing to offer, and he let Conor walk all over him.

There's no doubt that the presser made Khabib hate Conor, which was Conor's masterplan from the get go.
Shook? People getting caught up in natural disasters are shook. People who walk away from a nasty car crash are shook. You compare a presser to those things?

Shook? People getting caught up in natural disasters are shook. People who walk away from a nasty car crash are shook. You compare a presser to those things?

No, I don't. You did. I wasn't saying that Khabib was as shook as he would have been, had he just been in a car crash. I was saying that he was shook relative to pressers and having to face Conor McGregor in the octagon.

Conor has never been a good trash talker, never understood why people think he is. He just rambles like a little kid.
He was pretty damn good leading up to the first Diaz fight. Listen to how he commanded the room in the conference before the Siver and Aldo fight. Slick comebacks, good one liners, answered questions coherently and then put down the mic with authority. No stuttering, stumbling over words, hardly any screaming.

It was on a different level than most fighters. He has gone downhill since that first Diaz fight. More yelling, screaming, getting out of his chair, just saying nonsense rather than lines that sting.

Aldo has zero English. Khabib has some. That's the difference.

Nate speaks English. Conor was shit in those press conferences. Floyd speaks English, same thing.

Conor does well against people who don't speak the language.

I agree. This notion that Conor is a good trash talker is a myth. I thought Nate & Floyd both got the better of him in the trash talk. Conor is just crazy and brash, and people seem to want to watch him win or lose. The same thing happened with Tito Ortiz. The best for an MMA fighter is to be loved or hated ... your haters will tune into watch you lose, which is good for your career.

Maybe because fighting is about fighting, not everyone likes engaging in trash talk.
Thank you Mr. obvious. Some like trash talk, some don't. It's the same with fans. therefore don't complain if some choose to calls other fighters boring for not when others are free to complain about Conor being obnoxious.

Conor not wanting another world tour fiasco is perfectly understandable. No fighter has put in the same work as him in media. But when it comes to his opponents talking, he does tend to just talk or yell over them even during simple questions.
Of course. It's rude - no one is denying that. He does it because some fighters are huge on being respected. We get angry in everyday life if someone speaks over us or cuts us off, let alone fighters that train their arses off and want to get their points across. Very simple way to get under his opponent's skin.

Well i prefer Khabib's lines over Conor's nonstop trashtalk. I wanted them to answer more questions but that dude didnt let his opponent even talk. A real dude would stick to rules and wait for the fight, wouldnt try to cause scene on the stage. It was so annoying watching him do that, have some class dude.

Thats the shtick, when Conor walks out, hes calm and collected and 100% focused. The guy Khabib dealt with at the presser is not the guy showing up on Oct. 6.

Thats why it works so well, because your expecting this emotional crazy irishman and you get something else, Conor actually made Khabib believe hes an alcoholic.

Conor haters hate to admit it because he got them to, but Conor won the mental game.

Like most, I was pretty disappointed by this press conference.

What occured to me is that Conor seems to have lost some of his wits when compared with his trashtalk leading up to the Aldo fight.

Conor was formidable and hillarious in the buildup against Aldo and I am one who agrees that he ripped him apart mentally before the fight even started.

But this? It was mostly incoherent blithering and screaming. He was also stuttering and slurring.

He does appear like a changed man.
It was about as good as Conor's been tbh

He just changes his approach for each fight

Back