Conor's trashtalk : Aldo era vs Khabib era

Conor has never been a good trash talker, never understood why people think he is. He just rambles like a little kid.
This. He is just really loud and full of energy and does talk a lot of shit. Doesn't mean it's good shit talking. Just noticeable and high profile. It's at the point that it's just drivel now IMO. He just talks and talks and talks because that's what people expect and he thinks it sells (it probably does to casuals). He would be better at it if he did it less and used only his best material.

Aldo is an easier mark and that's not meant to disrespect Aldo.

Also, Khabib strikes me as the kind of dude that keeps his frustrations mostly on the inside, so even though he doesn't show it as much, doesn't mean Conor's tactics aren't working. It's just hard to say how much. It also makes for less of a show/spectacle cus Khabib is more introverted in that aspect.

Also, Conor had the crowd to work off with Aldo and didn't at this presser, but hopefully next one will be better cus it will have a crowd.

Having said that, I was still thoroughly entertained.
This ;^)

aldo was a lot weaker mentally, and was totaly defeated by conor. mentally, khabib is a lot stronger than aldo and isnt getting flustered and defeated by all conors bul shit.

and yeah, no crowd, no reaction, just two guys having a chat.

@Dr Hannibal Lecter is so smart.

Are you telling me that the man we saw yesterday is the same man as this :

<FookIsThatGuy>

I really don't think so. Worlds apart.

Oh and this is not a Conor bashing thread. We are just talking about the quality of his deliveries. It actually has nothing to do with Khabib.
It was the same old Conor

Go back and compare. Don't just go off memory. Nostalgia is blinding you

The only difference was no crowd and Conor being drunk (hence "delivery" was not as sharp)

Other then that it was the same old Conor

I personally didn't like that Conor took shots of whiskey btw. That's the only thing I didn't like

If anything it seems like Conor opted for a more ruthless psych warfare game

Conor incorporated a little more comedy for Aldo

However if you go back and watch Conor for the Alvarez fight, Conor was more personal and ruthless with Alvarez, then Aldo too. "Khabib era Conor" is simply the same Conor from UFC 205

Also people forget that "who Da fook is dat guy" happened because of a fan question

The UFC not letting fans in was fucking stupid and made Conor seem like he was off when the reality is it was the same old Conor as always.

Last edited:
Yep.

Conor can hit that on and off switch in an instant like no one

Shows how Conor is always In control

People forget that Conor himself has said that promotion is all a game and that he puts on a show for it all.

Conor himself said promotion means nothing. It's just for the fan. That it's HIS SKILL AND IQ that wins him his fights

Regardless of how crazy Vonor appears during promotion it's never stopped Conor from coming into the actual fight cool, calm, collected, emotionless and outclassing his opponent purely on his immaculate skill and IQ.

He may very well come into the fight as you say, but he wasn't in control. He managed to rein it in here and there, but, overall, he was a loose cannon up there.

In your brain, no crowd noise=awkward, because that's the forumula we are used to

If you get rid of that, and simply watch, then you will see that it was the same old Conor as always, just a drunk less sharper version - but instead of the usual comedy of Conor, it was replaced with a vicious far more ruthless Conor with much better psych warfare
then why did he com-plane about the crowd
In your brain, no crowd noise=awkward, because that's the forumula we are used to

If you get rid of that, and simply watch, then you will see that it was the same old Conor as always, just a drunk less sharper version - but instead of the usual comedy of Conor, it was replaced with a vicious far more ruthless Conor with much better psych warfare

Why did he com-plane about the crowd not being there?

I guess its true what they say about Conor sherdog haters

Some "people" really are delusional and only see what they want to see

It was the same old Conor. Conor always acts dramatic, flamboyant, over-the-top

Conor has told you himself that promotion is just a game and that he's puts on a show for it all

Its never stopped Conor from coming into the actual fight cool, calm, collected, emotionless and outclassing his opponent purely on his immaculate skill and IQ.

Are you another sherdog Conor hater who's new to MMA?

If anything it was Khabib who was a big mess

Quiet then suddenly trying to talk over Conor. Asking questions again and again in the middle of conversation like someone who was losing it.

Only one who looked visibly shaken by any words was Khabib

Put it this way

Conor acted the same way he always does.

Whereas it was Khabib who was acting uncharacteristically.

Because he was more affected by Conor where as Conor is always in control. I bet that's how the fight plays out too

Man, I hope you get paid by this Conor nut huggering, really is sad to see a grown man doing this cheerleading stuff, if you are in Conor payroll its OK, you are doing your job but if you are doing it for free.... , sad, really sad

Also, Khabib strikes me as the kind of dude that keeps his frustrations mostly on the inside, so even though he doesn't show it as much, doesn't mean Conor's tactics aren't working. It's just hard to say how much. It also makes for less of a show/spectacle cus Khabib is more introverted in that aspect.

I would guess that Nurmagomedov was caught a bit off guard when Conor brought up his Oligarch sponsor being in jail for embezzlement. I think the next question after that was brought up was 'how do you (Nurmagomedov) respond to that?' to which Nurmagomedov said something like 'we expected this'

It's obviously a touchy subject and something Nurmagomedov didn't want to get in to. After the Iaquinta fight he asked Putin to release Magomedov. Russian athletes wouldn't be the folk you'd expect to be asking Putin to spare someone from jail time and especially someone who is from the Caucasus region.

If Clowner's childish antics pass for "good trash talk" around here then I never want to see another presser ever again. I don't think I would be able to physically stomach the "bad trash talk".
<{1-17}><{1-8}><Kpop01>

Also when Eddie said the whole thing that Conor is having two children and they're not twins got Conor good I remember

Yeah, he'd have probably TKO'd him in the 1st round and not the 2nd if he didn't say that.

Like most, I was pretty disappointed by this press conference.

What occured to me is that Conor seems to have lost some of his wits when compared with his trashtalk leading up to the Aldo fight.

Conor was formidable and hillarious in the buildup against Aldo and I am one who agrees that he ripped him apart mentally before the fight even started.

But this? It was mostly incoherent blithering and screaming. He was also stuttering and slurring.

He does appear like a changed man.
Khabib's cool demeanor negated Conor's trash talk.
Similarly, Khabib's wrestling will negate Conor's striking.

If Clowner's childish antics pass for "good trash talk" around here then I never want to see another presser ever again. I don't think I would be able to physically stomach the "bad trash talk".
<{1-17}><{1-8}><Kpop01>
Why do some people think he's a good trash talker i don't get it.

He may very well come into the fight as you say, but he wasn't in control. He managed to rein it in here and there, but, overall, he was a loose cannon up there.
"He may very well"

LOL

NO he WILL

Name one time when Conor has ever come out for a fight emotional?

Conor ALWAYS comes out emotionless and in control for all his fights when its time to actually fight

Do you even follow Conor lol?

He was definitely always in control yesterday as well. You would know that if you actually listened to what Conor has said about promotion in the past

I just gave you a rundown. Why are you ignoring it?

The fact Conor could go back to answering questions as calmly and logically as he did proves that

"On and off switch"

You are either not capable of properly reading things or you are only seeing what you want to see

Keep in mind Conor tried to throw a chair at Alvarez lol. That was more "losing it" then anything from Conor yesterday. Can't believe people like you still can't see that it's a game

Again, it's like you people have never watched Conor before

But I took the time to try to explain it to you and educate you..so if you choose to ignore it, it's on you

The only one who was losing control of their emotions is Khabib

You know why? Because it was Khabib acting uncharacteristically of himself. Where as Conor was acting how he always acts

Last edited:
I'm not sure what people expect tbh. When he first started he needed to make a name for himself - for that reason you try harder and you've got more enthusiasm. After years of doing it would be tiresome and he doesn't need to put an effort it.

If I was him I'd be pissed off too as his opponents never put in the same effort and most of the time give him absolutely nothing to work with. They just sit there like mutes.
Maybe because fighting is about fighting, not everyone likes engaging in trash talk.

@LeBron
This. He is just really loud and full of energy and does talk a lot of shit. Doesn't mean it's good shit talking. Just noticeable and high profile. It's at the point that it's just drivel now IMO. He just talks and talks and talks because that's what people expect and he thinks it sells (it probably does to casuals). He would be better at it if he did it less and used only his best material.

Why do some people think he's a good trash talker i don't get it.

Lol you guys are just trolling now

"Who da fuck is dat guy"

"Stuck in the mud"

"Red panty night"

Are all some of the most iconic lines and disses in combat sports history

Conor STILL also had some hilarious zingers at yesterdays conference too

People are getting insane with the irrational Conor hate now. It's getting ridiculous.

@LeBron

Lol you guys are just trolling now

"Who da fuck is dat guy"

"Stuck in the mud"

"Red panty night"

Are all some of the most iconic lines and disses in combat sports history

Conor STILL also had some hilarious dingers at yesterdays conference too

People are going insane with Conor hate now. It's getting ridiculous.
that stuff is funny to you?

Khabib is in Conor's head, but I did notice that Khabib got angry when Conor insulted his people. Out of everything that Conor said I think that's the only thing that really bothered Khabib

Conor was trying to bring back that fire & flare from 2-3yrs ago media persona, but it just wasn't there he came off drunk, incoherent, and unhinged. He looked like a shell of himself.

Back