Conor's striking coach: “It’s whatever fight makes sense,the biggest draw will get the chance"

hes still ducking habib, even after habib punked his crew and made him a felon

People might not like what Roddy is saying, but it's absolutely steeped in reality.

Anyone disputing what Roddy has said it simply living in denial.

"Waiting for the right draw"
...sounds like he already got some offers by the UFC.
But not willing to take them...

Sounds like cherry picking to me
NO it's a lottery! WE are the lucky ones! We get to WITNESS him cherry pick! I mean, "choose" his fight....

People might not like what Roddy is saying, but it's absolutely steeped in reality.

Anyone disputing what Roddy has said it simply living in denial.
I agree with him just SIIIIIIIICK of hearing the same damned thing from Conor's camp for 2 years. Just release one statement and have the media re-read it. We don't need to hear from the boxing coach of a guy who won't fight MMA for years. MMA just doesn't need this kind of spectator interview.

Let's instead interview fighters and their staff. Ignore Conor and I guarantee he takes a fight to get some spotlight back. Most of the MMA fan public is too weak to wtihstand this programming though.

So red panties it is. Red panties 2019 (cos Conor ain't figthing till then at least)

. I have nothing against Roddy except the whole Conorism as a religion thing. It's sad.
Uqe.gif

The biggest draw?? Really??? Conor's been going on for a long time now about he's the draw, bigger than the sport, etc. Why would he need to fight a "draw" then?
It is undeniable he is the biggest draw though.

Trying not to sound like a nuthugger but we all know Conor could fight a bum from the street and still draw more than 4x the average UFC card.
Sad but true.

But obviously the right opponent increases the draw by a certain multiplier, and fighting a hyped opponent would bring in several 100k more PPV buys.

Last edited:
I guess hating on a fighter stops ya from thinking objectively.
Objectively? How objectively do his fans think when he refuses to fight while healthy? Or the sideshow antics he pulls while ignoring his duties as Champ? Or his obvious drug addictions? Khabib is already twice the Champ Conor has ever been.

Wait, didn't they just say like 3 days ago that Conor would fight Khabib for peanuts?

I agree with him just SIIIIIIIICK of hearing the same damned thing from Conor's camp for 2 years. Just release one statement and have the media re-read it. We don't need to hear from the boxing coach of a guy who won't fight MMA for years. MMA just doesn't need this kind of spectator interview.

Let's instead interview fighters and their staff. Ignore Conor and I guarantee he takes a fight to get some spotlight back. Most of the MMA fan public is too weak to wtihstand this programming though.

So red panties it is. Red panties 2019 (cos Conor ain't figthing till then at least)
I mean, from Roddy's point of view he is just answering questions honestly, he and John have also made it clear they have no idea what Conor will be doing next, they haven't been involved in choosing an opponent for some time now, Conor basically just calls them and says i'm fighting this guy in 3 months, let's go.

Biggest draw would be against Brock Lesnar or GSP.
Go for it Conor.

I mean, from Roddy's point of view he is just answering questions honestly, he and John have also made it clear they have no idea what Conor will be doing next, they haven't been involved in choosing an opponent for some time now, Conor basically just calls them and says i'm fighting this guy in 3 months, let's go.
Fair enough. But when your fighter is absent from MMA for so long that most of the sport is just annoyed with him, giving answers like this is unwise. It accomplishes exactly nothing except pissing off all but your most stalwart fans.

Try to rub the game the right way instead. We didn't need this response for the 5 millionth time. We get it - Conor says we can't have nice things except by his rules.

So his coaching staff should shut up about him until he calls them and says he actually wants to fight. They're only putting more distance between the MMA public and their team. But that's my take.

Just look at the comments in this thread. If this is your audience (MMA fans) better you just not speak, no? You're not gaining anything by addressing us but frustration.

He's bigger than any belt. Conor still has all the negotiating power. The UFC needs him. He'll fight whoever makes him the most money. Fuck a belt. The belt isn't going to buy you more Bentley's. Conor bless.

He's bigger than any belt. Conor still has all the negotiating power. The UFC needs him. He'll fight whoever makes him the most money. Fuck a belt. The belt isn't going to buy you more Bentley's. Conor bless.
i7ZjWVV.jpg

Back