conor's reach > mayweather's previous opponents reach

From an interview with Roger a few years ago.

On Floyd's hardest punching opponents:

"Cotto ain't the hardest puncher. The hardest puncher Floyd fought was De La Hoya. It ain't no Cotto. De La Hoya punch harder than Cotto. But what happened with De La Hoya? It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about what you know. Remember one thing, it don't make no difference if you're fighting somebody and you can't hit him. Now what do you do? You gotta find a way to win. It ain't like he gonna fight my nephew, my nephew gonna walk right out there and he gonna hit him. That ain't how it's gonna work. Boxing's a thinking man's game. That's what makes great fighters. You try talking about where the greatest fighters come from, the greatest fighters come from where I come from. Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Aaron Pryor, Buster Douglas, all them dudes come from where I come from. So you have to adapt. You have to adapt to what you're dealing with. That's a part of boxing."

-----------

And he was referring to the best boxers in the world not some bum fucking jabroni who has good hands for cage fighting standards.

It's good to see Roger a little more coherent even if he's still struggling. I always love how all his interviews always end up with him talking about how the midwest produces all the best fighters.

Last edited:
Floyd is 40 years old,one day he wont have it anymore,could be tomorrow or years from now,people want to act like they are some intellectual analysing fights and shit "based on what",people act like he is some God,unlikely but I wouldnt doubt if Connor does better than expected and maybe even win

Floyd could be a washed up out of shape 50 year who hasn't been at the gym in years and still school Conor. There is absolutely nothing that suggests Conor has skill even in the same stratosphere as any good high level boxer, nevermind Floyd. People who say Floyd has a chance never can explain why

It's good to see Roger a little more incoherent even if he's still struggling. I always love how all his interviews always end up with him talking about how the midwest produces all the best fighters.

it's devastating that he has cte. his interviews were great.

it's devastating that he has cte. his interviews were great.

He's got a lot of different health issues. It's pretty sobering to see how fast the decline can be. As much as Floyd loves to bullshit and just talk, seeing his uncle decline like that had to have a real effect on his prize fighting decisions in recent years. People forget that Roger isn't that much older than Floyd.

He's got a lot of different health issues. It's pretty sobering to see how fast the decline can be. As much as Floyd loves to bullshit and just talk, seeing his uncle decline like that had to have a real effect on his fight decisions in recent years. People forget that Roger isn't that much older than Floyd.

yeah i thought his uncle walking out of that press conference and wandering like 20 miles was what made floyd reevaluate everything.

I think that slipping punches is probably in Floyd's favor. Say what you want about Conor, but tell me how many minutes each has fought. Floyd has trained this art since he was a wee babeh..... puncher's chance is the most relevant that it's ever been.

MMA rules would be different, but it's gonna be a boxing match. Ask me who makes the rules between Floyd, Dana, and Conor?

Floyd. Money motherfucking Mayweather.

yeah i thought his uncle walking out of that press conference and wandering like 20 miles was what made floyd reevaluate everything.

Roger really did know his boxing. The one fighter he would never say that his nephew would beat was Duran. Roger, a man who was stopped twice by Chavez, thought Duran was far and away the best Latino fighter ever. He gave him more respect than Robinson (even though Robinson was from the midwest, lol).

If Conor uses his reach effectively against a 40 year old boxing GOAT, then I will be surprised. I don't see it happening.

Truthfully, I don't think the reach will matter.....Floyd is just too far ahead of Conor in this sport. It will be Conor's 1rst pro fight, against an Olympian with 49 pro fights....... who also happens to be one of the best of our generation. If Conor pulled this off, it would probably be the greatest achievement in sports history. It would dwarf Tyson/Douglas and USSR/USA Olympic hockey by a landslide. It's just not realistic to even think his reach will cause Floyd any issues whatsoever.....

Roger really did know his boxing. The one fighter he would never say that his nephew would beat was Duran. Roger, a man who was stopped twice by Chavez, thought Duran was far and away the best Latino fighter ever. He gave him more respect than Robinson (even though Robinson was from the midwest, lol).

my coach (12 years ago before i admitted i had no talent and should just be a desk jockey) always said duran was the best fighter ever. he was all about the head turn.

DLH, Canelo, Chico Corrales, Arturo Gatti, Robert Guerrero, Mosley, all probably had more reach. The reach is irrelevant, however. Floyd is a counter puncher who makes you step into the intermediate range where his timing and speed take over. I've boxed people who utilize Floyd's style, and even a somewhat poor imitation of the textbook style is frustrating to get through, to say the least. Mayweather's style is a mix of the textbook, Charley Burley style, and aspects of the Philly Shell. Conor needs to throw combos to get to Mayweather, and that is the place in which Mayweather thrives at using shoulder rolls to run the opponent into right crosses and left hooks. If Mcgregor gets inside, Floyd is way to developed as an inside fighter.

How is he a pussy? CONOR called Floyd out in BOXING! Floyd has never made any delusional clams that he could win an MMA fight.

It is like Lebron calling Usain Bolt out in a sprint and then fans calling Usain a pussy for not playing some 1 on 1 basketball
You misunderstand me i dont want flyod to do MMA but he is a pussy for accepting this match.

Fighters who had long reaches in their primes like Amir Khan and Paul William's tried to fight Floyd, he wanted no part of it. It's hard to implement Floyd's defensive style when/if his opponents have a significant reach and or speed advantage over him. Once Khan was knocked out several times, then Floyd started calling him out but before that he wanted no part of the long and fast Amir Khan...he wanted none of it. He also wouldn't fight Paul Williams if his life depended on it back when Williams was willing to make the weight and was campaigning for the fight ( floyd would have lost too in my opinion), he waited for Pacquiao to age, lose and get violently knocked out before fighting him. Floyd ducked and dodged and mitigated his entire career, he was an all time great boxing businessman but there's many greater boxers. He made Juan Manuel Marquez move up several divisions to fight him, then Floyd bullied him with a huge size advantage. Antonio Margarito with his size, length and pressure was always considered a bad match up for Floyd in his prime, Floyd's been criticized a lot for never taking the Margarito fight.

And before you idiots think I'm somehow implying Conor can beat Floyd, I'm not. Floyd will decimate Conor in the ring.

Here's an interesting interview with R.A. the rugged Man calling Floyd out on a lot of his shit, Floyd couldn't handle the heat but it's a great listen

ra the bum is a culture vulture who doesnt know hiphop or boxing. white boy need to stay in his lane

conor's BOXING RECORD = MY BOXING RECORD

thanks TS: you made me feel better today

Only Mcgregor fans are delusional enough to think 49-0 vs 0-0 is a compelling fight.

If reach mattered stretch Armstrong would be world champ

I like Conor but he is gonna get embarassed it's gonna be ugly .
Canelo Alvarez got schooled in an obscene way by Floyd and he is both more technical, packs more power and has a better chin than Conor.
He is also of similar size and at least as fast..

It's gonna be a farce... unless they have an 'agreement' to make it last a bit...
If not I would be surprised if Conor makes it to the 3d round.

At least once it happens we will be safe from his delusional fans for a while

As I said, I'm not trying to convince anyone, why you's getting so pissy, I've been quite cordial throughout.

I will end on this again, I do not think Conor will get embarrassed, I think he'll come out of the fight with a degree of credit.

i'd rather hear you end on which of the 4 major belts of boxing Chris van Heerden held that was asked to you ?
You are trying to convince anyone but you've been here arguing with everybody for quite a while now..
And when someone asks you to document your claims then you just answer " it's my opinion" or just ignore the question ...
Sounds like a troll to me

So what about that world boxing title Van Heerden held ? Could you tell us which one it is and against who ?
Or was it just your "opinion" based on "actually watching fights" ?

No one really likes boxing - keep it real. It's dead.

Back