Conor's Proper Twelve Brand of Whiskey

A friend bought me a bottle of Lagavulin 16 for my birthday one year and it was really good. I had to put a couple of cubes of ice in it though, it was so peaty and smokey.

It is super Smokey, but I find it really smooth too, which I like. I Definitely gotta get some I ice in there tho, too, ha

I was assuming aged 12 years, which would be odd since they haven’t been around that long. Is this just a rebranding of his previous whiskey venture?

It’s to do with the town he grew up in being known as “The 12” or “12”, or something. I’m guessing they’re just local vernacular for your district or suburb.

Last edited:
What's the relevance of the #12?

"I come from a place called Crumlin, in Dublin 12. It's a place dear to my heart. It's where I learned how to fight; it made me who I am today. It's a place I'm still very much a part of every single day of my life. So, that's where the name came from. It's proper Irish whiskey and twelve is my hometown," said McGregor. "Growing up on the streets of Dublin 12, I learned the values of loyalty and hard work. I respect other Irish whiskeys, but I am coming in strong, with passion and with purpose. I am the founder of this company and I am going to give it my all," he continued.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...proper-no-twelve-irish-whiskey-300712543.html

"By the way, before anyone purchases Conor's Proper Twelve whiskey, never forget it was aged in a plummer's basement. Not sanitary."
giphy.gif

johnnie walker blue. i only had scotch once this is the stuff. glad i tried it but super premium
You’d love some aged single malts for sure. Try 10-25 year olds from scotland. I’m a peat & smoke lover myself so islay single malts like Ardbeg, Lagavulin and Laphroaig are all my favorites.

It is super Smokey, but I find it really smooth too, which I like. I Definitely gotta get some I ice in there tho, too, ha
Yeah I really liked it but I had to tone it down just a bit haha

Scotch:
Lag 16
Tal 10

Irish:
Redbreast

Bourbon:
Blanton’s
Angel’s Envy
Basil Hayden’s

Come at me...

I was assuming aged 12 years, which would be odd since they haven’t been around that long. Is this just a rebranding of his previous whiskey venture?

12th district of dublin suburb (crumlin)

oban
laguvalin
laphroaig
macallan
highland park
talisker
balvenie

got those among other liquors sitting on my liquor cabinet right now..

All these inexperienced scrubs who haven't even tasted the drink putting out their reviews like the fucking sheep you are.

If you expect a 3-year old whiskey (because that's how long they have been operating this whiskey production) to taste absolutely amazing then you are a fucking imbecile. This is like taking a UFC debut fighter and being like "Well, HES NO GSP, he's garbage"

Fucking morons, I swear the lot of you.

So everyone should go in with the expectation that it will suck. Noted.

Actually, it wouldn't be odd at all. I think some of you people here don't really understand how the whisky industry works. I could start a whisky company today and sell a 12 year old blended scotch (like, say, the Johnnie Walker Black Label) a few weeks from now. There is nothing odd about selling whisky older than your company, because you can be a whisky company and not ever having owned a distillery. What you do is buy whisky from the whisky makers, blend it and brand it - and sell it. Johnnie Walker actually doesn't produce whisky themselves. What they do is that they have a skilled Master Blender (whose name is - fittingly - Jim Beveridge) who concocts their blends (which are actually pretty good, although the expensive ones are rather overpriced) from whisky they get from a myriad of distilleries. They've always worked that way. They are not a whisky producer (or, strictly, a distillery), but rather a blender.

Or you can be an "independent bottler" and just buy barrels from a distillery and bottle it yourself, with no blending involved. I've had some totally FABULOUS cask strength Laphroaig at The Whisky Bar in Kuala Lumpur (where I used to live) from an independent bottler. Absolutely marvelous stuff, and pretty much my favourite Laphroaig, I think. And you can't get it from Laphroaig themselves. (And I'm not sure you can get it anywhere else either, as I pretty much finished off the last bottle at The Whisky Bar a few weeks ago when in KL for a visa run. ;) )

He should've done a vodka if he really wanted to make money
Perhaps, but whisky has become pretty popular in recent years. So much so that quality whisky has gotten a fair bit more expensive, and some blended scotches that were previously decent have become borderline undrinkable (JW Red Label being a good example). It's not a bad time to get into the whisky business, I think.

Besides, a lot of truly awful people drink vodka.

Actually, it wouldn't be odd at all. I think some of you people here don't really understand how the whisky industry works. I could start a whisky company today and sell a 12 year old blended scotch (like, say, the Johnnie Walker Black Label) a few weeks from now. There is nothing odd about selling whisky older than your company, because you can be a whisky company and not ever having owned a distillery. What you do is buy whisky from the whisky makers, blend it and brand it - and sell it. Johnnie Walker actually doesn't produce whisky themselves. What they do is that they have a skilled Master Blender (whose name is - fittingly - Jim Beveridge) who concocts their blends (which are actually pretty good, although the expensive ones are rather overpriced) from whisky they get from a myriad of distilleries. They've always worked that way. They are not a whisky producer (or, strictly, a distillery), but rather a blender.

Or you can be an "independent bottler" and just buy barrels from a distillery and bottle it yourself, with no blending involved. I've had some totally FABULOUS cask strength Laphroaig at The Whisky Bar in Kuala Lumpur (where I used to live) from an independent bottler. Absolutely marvelous stuff, and pretty much my favourite Laphroaig, I think. And you can't get it from Laphroaig themselves. (And I'm not sure you can get it anywhere else either, as I pretty much finished off the last bottle at The Whisky Bar a few weeks ago when in KL for a visa run. ;) )
I used to do the visa runs as well. First few years just to Penang, later to KL. I had always fun there.

Oban on ice. Laphroaig or if I'm really feeling it, Ardberg neat. Bring on the peat!

I used to do the visa runs as well. First few years just to Penang, later to KL. I had always fun there.
Ah, nice. I lived part time on Koh Phangan for years and did a bunch of visa runs down to the border. Now I'm in Indonesia because I met a hot Indonesian last year and can't seem to get rid of her (although I'll be flying to Europe next week and stay there for a little while). Where in Thailand were you staying?

Back