Conors legacy and reputation if he retires after losing to Khabib

Relative to elite level, he would be a half decent fighter then, just like now.

I'd still see him as the guy they brought in, manufactured a career around and pimped out to boxing.

{<jordan}

Conman will be remembered as a scam, MMA's snakeoil salesman

M7A3viR.gif

That's fine. He's still the most successful fighter in MMA history.

He will be remembered as a guy who never defended a title in his entire MMA career.

Not even in the top 10 of MMA greats.

He was, and always will be, a closet champion who ran from defending his crown. A good fighter, sure. But a terrible and cowardly champion. No respect from me.

He'll be on celebrity rehab and broke in <10 years whether he wins or loses.

He'll be very controversial but still a fan favorite nonetheless. It will be love him or hate him with not too much middle ground shown. Most fighters are controversial in one way or the other that is why people talk about them after they're gone.

There are great fighters who weren't controversial that I hardly ever hear people bring up. Willie Pep, Joe Calzaghe, Rickson Gracie, Superfoot Wallace....those are just who I can think of off the top of my head.

Conor will be loved, hated, and highly debated after he is gone. He is one heck of a fighter that's for sure.

I used to think Khabib was a horrible matchup for Conor. But that last fight and the Johnson fight changed my mind. He's going to KO Khabib.

And hopefully he stays at LW to clear the division. WW will be asking too much. There are wrestlers there who have decent standup. Plus Conor is a natural LW.

We all go to work strictly for ourselves but I also appreciate the people that work hard just like Conor and Khabib so why not try to stop being such a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and appreciate what we have. Man the fuck up and stop acting like a woman. Cut the soy out of your diet already. Bitch.
<escalate99>

After he is crushed by Khabib Conor McGregor will go on a ridiculous bender, end up in rehab. He will then re-dedicate himself to training for his comeback fight...a fight in which he will get his shit pushed in and finally retire for good.

Flash forward 10 years and TMZ2.0 will have a hologram report about how Conor McGregor is a broke alcoholic/drug addict living in his solar-powered flying car.

Glad the biggest Khabib nut hugger on Sherdog decided to make another shit thread :)

I was missing these

You Conor fans don't even have a right to speak. Just STFU forever.

His career is already legendary even if it was cut short. No one else has ever done what he's done. He called his shot. He made it to the UFC. He beat the champ in devastating fashion. He took a loss on a fight he didn't have to take. Redeemed the loss. Moved up in weight to get a second belt. Then talked his way into the biggest fight of his life. And all of this within like 3 years. Even if he loses to Khabib, his career is legendary.

If he retires after losing to Khabib. He will be remembered as a fighter with a style that only worked against lighther, smaller, shorther opponents. Thats why he was successful at 145 but not even close to GOAT 145 since he never defended the belt.

At his natural weight his record will be 1-1 or 1-2 (if you count the 1st diaz fight as LW). Either way thats a pathetic record.

And his only win against a little bigger and longer opponent a very tough rematch fight winning via decision against a 19-11 fighter who got beat rather easily by other lightweights.
giphy.gif

Back