Conor's Coach: Fans Want Diaz Next Not Ferguson

Do you agree with his coach (fans want Diaz to fight Conor next)?

• Total voters
Obviously we want Ferg next but I think many underestimate Conor's leverage. Tony with Lee just did 120K PPVs - Conor does over 1 million easy. He'll get whatever he wants or he wont fight - which is not fight Tony who hasnt lost in 5 years. Nate is next guaranteed.

I wouldn't mind, as long as it's for the title.

Conor has made this mistake before. I think Nate beats him if they fight for the title at 155... and I'd quite love to see that.

Hell... it's probably better for Ferguson, too. If Nate does win, that's a pretty great title match-up for Ferguson.

I see right through your fear. Conor and his fail team are scared to death of Tony.

Obviously we want Ferg next but I think many underestimate Conor's leverage. Tony with Lee just did 120K PPVs - Conor does over 1 million easy. He'll get whatever he wants or he wont fight - which is not fight Tony who hasnt lost in 5 years. Nate is next guaranteed.
Sadly I think you are right, we both know he is gonna pick Nate next, he wants nothing to do with Tony, will avoid him at all costs, he has been browning his panties for the last 18 months every time Tony's name is brought up, always tries to change the subject to something else or another fighter, Khabib he will actually chat shit about at times, but Tony noooooo way, the fear in him is through the roof. This has been going on for a long time, way before Tony fought Barboza.

Also Conors bf Kavanagh has said Conor can sell against anyone and he will sell against a brown paper bag, he has said this several times in the past, so whats the issue?. We both know ;)

While the Diaz fights were awesome. I think most fans want to see him against Ferguson. And why wouldn't they... Defend against the legit opponent. Mcgregor - Diaz should happen, just not now.

I don't have a problem with that... as long as he forfeits his belt BEFORE this fight.
Then I don;t fucking care.

but if he keeps it, it makes no sense to have ANY OTHER fight that is not a belt unification.

giphy.gif

This is hilarious. What movie is this from?

That’s fine. Just drop the belt. Give us Tony/Khabib, Conor/Nate III. Two great fights and order restored to the world.

Its funny to hear people say “casual fans dont know who Ferguson is”

No shit

It doesnt matter, people tune in to Connor fights to see Connor, any of the casual fans give a fuck about Eddie Alvarez ? Of course not !

Only Connor fans dont want to see Ferguson fight him and the reasons are obvious

This is one of those rare times I feel he is right. The Diaz fight will sell more. He should have to fight Ferguson but a lot of you want him to lose and I don't think Tony is the man to do it. His standup has too many holes and he leaves his chin out there without fear. Maybe he survives and outlast conor ala Diaz 1 but methinks conor cracks him and early and this is over either within one or shortly into r2

You are absolutely correct. Like a spoiled child, Conor will get what Conor wants, and that is Nate who is not the legit title contender.

I take issue with Conor's coaches pissing on our collective legs and telling us that it is raining.

Some fans do want Diaz/Conor next.
As of right now there's 26 of them.

I have said for over a year- that i felt Ferguson was the toughest matchup for Conor at 155 pounds, next to Diaz. Diaz already finished Conor, and i think Tony could do the same. He has the height and reach as well.

I hope Dana has the balls to tell Conor- that either he fights Ferguson to unify the title, or vacates it. Conor is called one of MMA's greats by his fans- but he has never defended his title once against the Number One Contender. Give me a break. Defend or Vacate- simple as that.

Conor replies "I'm retired. Thanks for more cheese."
He may very well. If I was Dana and the UFC I would have foreseen that possibility. So perhaps another conversation went like this:

Connor "I want to fight Floyd in boxing. I will make a tonne of cash."
Me (if I was the UFC) "Sorry Conor but we have a promotional contract with you and we are in the MMA business. What's to stop you from simply taking a fight with Floyd and making a bunch of cash based on the UFC's investment in making you a household name and then retiring? We have a contract with you for 3 more MMA bouts."
Conor "I want this and the public will gobble it up. Lets make this happen. I won't fight MMA again until we do."
Me "We don't really want to do this so here is the 2 scenarios where you can make if happen.

Scenario 1: we keep offering you MMA bouts and you keep refusing them. We go on like that forever.

Scenario 2: We act as your promoter and based on projections you stand to make $100M to fight Floyd. That is paid to the UFC as the promoter and then we pay you. You get $25M upfront and then we release the rest to you as you fulfill your remaining 3 bouts on your contract. Assuming it is $75M that is $25M for each remaining fight on your UFC MMA contract. As you fight you get your contracted pay per UFC contract plus 1/3 of your Floyd fight money is paid out. Should you for any reason not fulfill your contract then that money is forfeited and becomes the UFC's.

As people have said the UFC can't force Conor to fight but if they aren't idiots they didn't put $100M in Conor's pocket hoping he would still want to fight.

Back