Conor Would Get Wrecked..

This is an absurd misrepresentation of Conor. If you've watched his career unfold thus far and you can't see the skill he possesses you simply don't know what you're watching.

This discussion has being had so many times, it's led to the hilarious conversations about what height, reach, walk around weight, hairstyle, nationality, etc, constitutes what weight class someone should be fighting in.

Look, I'm no big fan of the Irishman myself, but give the man some credit.
Some of you act like he's some giant who just knocked out some bums on his way to two 'lucky' belts.

I don't particularly care for the guy and I think he's somewhat of a puss for not defending (fine, don't, but fuck off then), but he's not some run of the mill fighter who just busted up some undersized cans. Nor is he 'the GOAT' (lol)

Enough with the retarded threads please, from both point of views.

The whole "He fights smaller men" is just an excuse for haters to take comfort behind. It's amusing that whenever Conor loses to a bigger man himself (Nate Diaz), suddenly the bigger man excuse is suddenly a non-factor. Then it's just, "lolz He lost to a journeyman."

99.9% of his opponents at Featherweight cut around or about the same amount of weight that McGregor does to get down to that weight, so complaining about him dwarfing his opponents is silly.

but he's not some run of the mill fighter who just busted up some undersized cans. Nor is he 'the GOAT' (lol)

The whole GOAT/P4P discussion is such bollocks - especially in a sport like MMA, where a lot of the fighters whose names are mentioned in the discussion there are so many 'question marks' hanging over their head.

Eg; Jones/Silva - juice heads. Johnson - fights cans. GSP - a human blanket. Conor - only has a left hand.

As for fighters calling themselves the GOAT, P4P, King/Queen, who gives a fuck.

By any bigger fighter.

Only reason Conor has been successful thus far in the UFC is by having a longer reach and fighting smaller guys.

He just sticks his arm out in every fight, rubs it into his opponents face.

The only time he's faced an opponent who had a height advantage and a similar reach was Nate Diaz. And Conor lost that fight.

Quite embarassing considering that Nate Diaz is just an average fighter, not one of the top guys.

Conor fought at featherweight for a reason. He cut tremendous amounts of weight to fight in a division where he would have a physical advantage over everyone. That's the only reason he won.

Lightweight is where he belongs but obviously he wants nothing to do with guys like Tony Ferguson and Khabib.

McNugget would get mauled in an eventual comback. Dude wants no part of it and is probably scared shitless of fighting guys of the weight class he belongs in.
You forgot to preface the thread title with "Let's be honest,"

The whole "He fights smaller men" is just an excuse for haters to take comfort behind. It's amusing that whenever Conor loses to a bigger man himself (Nate Diaz), suddenly the bigger man excuse is suddenly a non-factor. Then it's just, "lolz He lost to a journeyman."

99.9% of his opponents at Featherweight cut around or about the same amount of weight that McGregor does to get down to that weight, so complaining about him dwarfing his opponents is silly.

What's funny is before the fights against Mendes and Alvarez, both of them were talking about how one dimensional he was - which a lot of folk on here say as well - but after the fights, I'm sure if Mendes was honest, he'd say those kicks to the body drained his limited gas tank and Alvarez seemed to imply more that he had an 'off night'

Either way, the threads after each fight were very similar in some ways, in that they were surprised why Mendes and Alvarez were backing up or were standing more or less up against the cage and 'didn't look themselves' Hatred will blind people.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Oh I’ve never seen a thread like this before!!!

the only reason x does y is blah blah blah.

fuckin shertards

So true. Most of Conor's success comes from his reach advantage. He even says so himself.

Nothing to be ashamed of

If reach alone was that important, Kendall Grove and Stefan Struve would've been UFC champs with multiple title defenses.

Holloway was listed as taller than McGregor, although with a shorter reach. IDK...this stuff always comes up for long/lanky fighters - they were saying the same thing about Jon Jones too. I sometimes question dividing fighters into weight classes because it seems to disincentive fighters from maximizing who they are as a fighter (getting as large and muscular as they are able to do) - seems counter to the martial arts self improvement stuff.

Back