Conor will KO Khabib

Rust Cohle

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First of all I'm fan of both fighters. I don't care about the Conor's antics or the tiramisu, both are great fighters. Very different fighters, one is a sniper and the other is a wrecking ball.

If they fight (Im pretty sure they will fight, there is a lot of money involved), Conor will KO Khabib. After his lost to Nate, he is a different fighter, he does not play around anymore, is too precise. He learnt from that fight he cannot trust only in his abilities, he must fight with a solid plan. Conor is not stupid, he knows Khabib is a beast, he is probably training now those takedowns.

Conor will catch Khabib when he is trying to takedown Conor, from there, the end of Khabib will be matter of time. That is how I visualize that fight.

But, he must catch Khabib in the first 2 rounds because he will be dead after that. I will bump this thread after the fight.

It's funny in a sad way that you think this fight will happen and you be bumping it.

Ironically I don't think Conor learned anything from the Diaz fight that would help him against Khabib. In fact, I think Conor needs to hunt the KO against Khabib like he did in the first Diaz fight, because if Khabib gets one takedown the fight may be effectively over. I guess he could learn not to waste energy throwing wild kicks and stuff.

McGregor has the best chance of any fighter in the division of KOing Khabib in the first round. He has the best accuracy, timing, and sense of distance and countering ability to make it happen. But if Khabib gets his hands on McGregor he will maul him.

90% chance Conor KTFO Kebab to Bolivia in rounds 1-2.

10% chance Kebab survives and rapes Conor in rounds 3-5.

No bias, real talk.

Conor beats Khabib beats Tony beats Conor.

But Conor is rich and mentally fat now. So we're left with Scissors, Paper, Rock, where Scissors thinks it's too good to play and has opted out of the game.

Moreover Conor ONLY beats Khabib if he comes back as the exact same mythical creature that brutalized Eddie Alvarez. Anything less than his best will see him consumed by the Dagestani.

Last edited:
Ironically I don't think Conor learned anything from the Diaz fight that would help him against Khabib. In fact, I think Conor needs to hunt the KO against Khabib like he did in the first Diaz fight, because if Khabib gets one takedown the fight may be effectively over. I guess he could learn not to waste energy throwing wild kicks and stuff.

McGregor has the best chance of any fighter in the division of KOing Khabib in the first round. He has the best accuracy, timing, and sense of distance and countering ability to make it happen. But if Khabib gets his hands on McGregor he will maul him.

Conor also gases quicker than a Doge Ram truck in a NASCAR race, and with it, his power and speed plummets.
conor4.gif

Conor has been working on his cardio and rassling while he's been away all this time

He will put a 5 round mugging on Khabib as payback for punking Artem

Khabib will probably retire after.

This is a brand-new and very insightful opinion!

Conor has been working on his cardio and rassling while he's been away all this time

He will put a 5 round mugging on Khabib as payback for punking Artem

Khabib will probably retire after.

learn rassling in a year to stop khabib?
<{cruzshake}>

First of all I'm fan of both fighters. I don't care about the Conor's antics or the tiramisu, both are great fighters. Very different fighters, one is a sniper and the other is a wrecking ball.

If they fight (Im pretty sure they will fight, there is a lot of money involved), Conor will KO Khabib. After his lost to Nate, he is a different fighter, he does not play around anymore, is too precise. He learnt from that fight he cannot trust only in his abilities, he must fight with a solid plan. Conor is not stupid, he knows Khabib is a beast, he is probably training now those takedowns.

Conor will catch Khabib when he is trying to takedown Conor, from there, the end of Khabib will be matter of time. That is how I visualize that fight.

But, he must catch Khabib in the first 2 rounds because he will be dead after that. I will bump this thread after the fight.
Damn I didn’t know u can see the future!!!

Conor also gases quicker than a Doge Ram truck in a NASCAR race, and with it, his power and speed plummets.

Yeah, that is why I said as soon as Khabib gets a hold of him it's effectively over. I think Conor's cardio and ground skills are underrated a little bit in general but Khabib would run through him on the ground.

I don't know if this is true. Khabib has never proved that he can take sustained punishment. He's never really faced much adversity in the UFC. Diaz has a truly uncanny ability to take punishment. If you watch those 2 fights again, Conor really beat the shit out of Nate through the vast majority of those fights. In the first, Nate kept coming and it made Conor quit. In the second, Conor knew what to expect and endured.

Can Khabib take a beating? We know Conor can dish it out. We also know Conor is willing to trade strikes for takedowns (Mendes). Khabib's a hell of a wrestler, but not much of a finisher.

It's an interesting match up. Khabib might be too big, but he's gonna get the shit kicked out of him while we find out. Can he take it?

All Khabib really has to do is not get knocked out in the early rounds.

By my unscientific assessment, Conor has a 20% chance of landing the KO in the first round, and thus winning the fight. After that, he probably has a 10% chance of landing the KO shot in the second.

Khabib dominates 100% of every other round.

giphy.gif

By my math, that really gives Conor about a 6% chance of winning the fight.

Last edited:
McGregor has a punchers chance, and nothing else.

90% chance Nurmagomedov mauls him.

Conor will never fight Khabib that is career suicide

Yeah, that is why I said as soon as Khabib gets a hold of him it's effectively over. I think Conor's cardio and ground skills are underrated a little bit in general but Khabib would run through him on the ground.

khabib's pace early in a fight so deflates a fighter's body that he can risk standing up later because he knows the power is gone. it's why people think he's vulnerable but he's not. the knockout power is gone by the 3rd round.

as for Conor's ground game. his top game is safe enough to where he can avoid trouble and be effective with punches but when he's on the bottom, he's a baby.

mcgregor-wraca-do-stojki-z-parteru.gif

no way Khabib does this stupid shit Mendes tried. Chad was gassed and wanted to end it, rather than pound away at Conor the way Khabib will. just terrible from chad. guillotine with his t-rex arms on a much bigger dude.

Back