Conor vs GSP?

TheBulletwithWings

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Best scenario hypothetical here.

GSP comes and says he will vacate his 85 belt if Conor vacates his 55 belt for a superfight at an agreed catch weight!!!

We know neither cares to defend against the hungry contenders and both want money.

Does this satisfy you as the divisions get to move on and watch the money fighters compete for the fame title?

Your thoughts?

GSP drops down to face Woodley first, then McG.

Why would GSP care about McGregor vacating the lightweight championship?

What's the point of this fight on a martial arts basis?

There is about 30-40lbs different in weight between the two.

It's like GSP fighting Jon Jones.

Wheres the piece of paper!?? ill sign my name right now to this!!!! Gets them both the big money they deserve, finally frees up 155, 185, and we get to move the fk on from this bs of wt classes stuck in the mud!! IM soooo sick of these guys tying up divisions because they want more money when they are not drawing in any ppv buys!!! These guys are dilusional!

I know its hypothetically speaking but it's a bullshit matchup that I wouldn't even wanna think about happening. GSP needs to put on some diapers and go fight Rob and Conor needs to man up and fight El Cucuy since all his fan girls think it's a easy matchup. The only good coming out of it is the vacancy of the belts.

Wheres the piece of paper!?? ill sign my name right now to this!!!! Gets them both the big money they deserve, finally frees up 155, 185, and we get to move the fk on from this bs of wt classes stuck in the mud!! IM soooo sick of these guys tying up divisions because they want more money when they are not drawing in any ppv buys!!! These guys are dilusional!
Pretty much the kinda response I hoped for but seems we are the minority

Best scenario hypothetical here.

GSP comes and says he will vacate his 85 belt if Conor vacates his 55 belt for a superfight at an agreed catch weight!!!

We know neither cares to defend against the hungry contenders and both want money.

Does this satisfy you as the divisions get to move on and watch the money fighters compete for the fame title?

Your thoughts?
I don't want to see this fight anymore than I wanted to see McGregor vs Mayweather. The result is a foregone conclusion.

Maybe but at least lets the divisions get back to normal vs holding 2 of them
Or you can give the guy a little time to recover from his illness and carry right on beating guys at 185. I believe if GSP comes back at all, it will be because he has (or thinks he has) his illness under control, and he will fight Whittaker as agreed. If he doesn't, he's not coming back at all imo.

Edit: correction. I just saw the article on the Sherdog home page. It's obviously a totally different story if his illness prevents him from being able to carry the weight he'd need to compete at 185.

"Of course, there is always St. Pierre’s health to consider. According to John Danaher, St. Pierre’s Brazilian jiu-jitsu coach, the fight dealt with severe stomach pains and vomiting that left him unable to train for two weeks of his Bisping camp. Recently, St. Pierre announced that ulcerative colitis was the cause of his difficult training camp, leaving an exact date for his hypothetical UFC return unclear.

Regardless, St. Pierre doesn’t believe that 185 pounds is his best natural weight. For now, it sounds as though he would prefer to return to welterweight.

“Of course, in terms of weight, if I want to go back to compete at 185, I will -- obviously eating, like I did what I did, I learned from my mistakes, I don’t think it’s a good thing to do, force myself to eat to gain muscle mass,” St. Pierre said. “I’ve always been against performance-enhancing drugs, and I did it the natural way. There is no easy way. I did it the hard way and it was to gain weight and to maintain my muscles mass and it was very hard and it was not healthy. I think the body has a natural weight it can perform at its best athletic ability and for me, the weight that I am now is my perfect weight.”

Last edited:
Pretty much the kinda response I hoped for but seems we are the minority

well cm vs gsp makes sense for everyone involved, its the most money cm can make in the cage and i really dont think gsp heart is into this anymore so it could be his fairwell fight making a ton of money. The ufc will be happy because not only will they make a ton of money but they get two wt classes back to put back on track. Its a win for everyone so i dont know why people here dont like the idea. maybe they all will be happier to see cm box oscar. smh

Back