Conor vs Floyd under K1 and Kickboxings potential. | Page 5

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Julius_Caesar, Nov 1, 2017.

1. MadSquabbles500 Gold Belt

MadSquabbles500
    It must get pretty boring then.

2. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe

no.

the mentality of the people watching are different than the MMA public, who seems to be way more younger- less mature so they get easily more infuenced by this simple marketing strategy of the fight game

people want to see high quality fighters facing each other and making an amazing fights ,and not a school fight cringeworthy drama

of course the majority of the people of any combat sport like trash talk,but not every sport is in need of an WWE set up to get interested in a fight

at the end of the day a lot of kickboxing fans just want to see this

not even talking about muay thai(the real one),trashtalking is almost inexistent and there is always tons of badass fights and the elite of the sport facing each other all over the place

3. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    I hadn't seen this fight before. Jomthong looked good in the 1st round but in the second round you could tell he was either tired or hurt. Marat was simply bigger, stronger, younger and in a better shape. Did Jomthong retire after this fight?

4. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    Jom was never the same after the Uchiyama brutal loss

also the death of his father and lack of interest-training and he still beating some top 10 of the division

at this point Marat was a pretty bad fight for him,way bigger,powerful as a bull,too much pressure against a guy who isnt taking things too serious to put him on his distance anymore

i wouldnt say retire,he still can outclass a lot of people and win some money

5. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    The narrative was he'd be retired once the tournament was done for him. How real that is idk. Kickboxing retirements are never to be trusted. Had some issues with his legs I think. Probably another Thai crossfit victim!!!11

Mafanofe likes this.
  6. MB5161 Orange Belt

MB5161
    This thread is a turd with wings. No way is Floyd ever going to train kickboxing. No way. No how. No where.

7. LHWBelt Silver Belt

LHWBelt
    Its cuz nobody cares about kickboxing, why would conor go there? I like kickboxing don't get me wrong but it's not popular at all in america.